Massachusetts Growers

Hey guys. Hope everyone here in Massachusetts is doing well. I have an insect question: what are these ******* bugs? Smaller darker 1 is a young 1, other is an adult. They bore holes in stalk and lay larve (caterpillar eggs). When the grow they eat inside of stem. I have now killed 14 in 5 days. Also, did minor stem surgery in 3 spots. So far cut off (sorry for delay I was getting
20190809_184308.jpg
choked up) 1 stem 1 foot long.
20190809_184308.jpg
image.jpg

Kinda looks like a stink bug, but the pic is too blurry.
Also looks similar to squash bug, but she says it's boring the stems. Zap em ! And make them dead !! if they're borers, then there may be nothing you can do !! G
They do look like stink bugs. Maybe I have stink bugs and beetle borers. The surgery I did was put a long sewing needle in to stem where it bore into then sprayed hydrogen peroxide and the medical tape.
Maybe change from a needle to a syringe and inject neem oil or something better, into the stem
Good luck !!

Thanks Skowpuffer, tomorrow I am headed outside with the only item I have to inject with and diluted Neem. I have a baby medicine syringe, hopefully that will work. I also thought about taking some jalapeno peppers and grinding them up put it with the Neem and set their a**es on fire. That's right boring beetles/ caterpillars, I'm coming to get ya. Thanks so much.

Thanks Skowpuffer, tomorrow I am headed outside with the only item I have to inject with and diluted Neem. I have a baby medicine syringe, hopefully that will work. I also thought about taking some jalapeno peppers and grinding them up put it with the Neem and set their a**es on fire. That's right boring beetles/ caterpillars, I'm coming to get ya. Thanks so much.
Sounds like you're ready to fight. Kill, kill !! You need something more potent than Jalepenos !! Maybe ghost or at least habernaro !! Ha !!

Thanks guys. I went and unbandaged the wounds and injected Neem mixed with 3% hydrogen peroxide into the spots that whatever burrowed and laid larvae. Fizzed up nicely. Then put bandage back on. I have Safer Bt concentrate being delivered this week or next. That may be a solution. I tried the dust but at over 8 ft tall it's hard to get good coverage. I sprayed with Neem and soap but either the damage was already there or it doesn't kill these damn insects. I hate using Bt because of butterflies. Emilya said to start LABS spray proactively but it's at the point of hunt and destroy. Next year I will try LABS spray proactive. If I find out what it is, I'll let you know. Thanks again. :thanks::peace:

Sounds like you're ready to fight. Kill, kill !! You need something more potent than Jalepenos !! Maybe ghost or at least habernaro !! Ha !!
Skipped the jalapeno. Mr. N thought it might affect the taste of the buds lol.
I believe in nature. Sometimes it's just a territorial thing. I respect your space, you respect mine. These are just disrespectful buggers. Lol

@SmokeSara and Mars Hydro are running another contest, with a TSW-2000 and 39''X39''X72'' (100x100x180cm) Grow Tent as the grand prize.

There is one restriction - You must have two years of growing experience.
In addition, you must promise to create a grow journal with this light and tent from start to finish!

Here's the contest link.

P.S. I'm bowing out of this one. I hope someone here wins the grand prize!
Thought I would pass this along. Good luck if you enter. I am just a newbie, so not mature enough to enter. Boohoo

The minor surgeries worked so far. The only insects i find on the is the stink bug. Looked it up, it's not one that is normally seen here. I just squished them. Haven't seen other wounds. So far doesn't appear Neem kills these bugs. I got BT spray to proactively treat for caterpillars, who knows maybe it will.
IMG_20190819_191852_01.jpg

1st and most important: Congratulations to Stone Otter, winner of the Mars Hydro tent and light contest. I for one am so looking forward to what you can do. Woohoo.
2nd. The surgery has held on the plants. Kind of a lousy picture since I dropped my phone 10 too many times. This is tonight of 1 branch flowering.
Have a great weekend.
20190824_194443.jpg
l
20190824_194419.jpg

Bump Bump!!!

How the heck is everyone?! Been a very Busy Auguste for me. Now that its been so cool the last few days, I reminded me to come and check on this thread. See how all you outside growers are doing. I was over at a good friends house, who grows outside in a green house. His plants are doing just fine.

So what say you? How is everyone? Everyone, not just those growin outside. Anyone have a winter indoor grow planned or underway?

I sure like to compare notes with the global crowd, but also find value in touching base with you locals.

Hope all is going groovy! :Namaste:

Bump Bump!!!

How the heck is everyone?! Been a very Busy Auguste for me. Now that its been so cool the last few days, I reminded me to come and check on this thread. See how all you outside growers are doing. I was over at a good friends house, who grows outside in a green house. His plants are doing just fine.

So what say you? How is everyone? Everyone, not just those growin outside. Anyone have a winter indoor grow planned or underway?

I sure like to compare notes with the global crowd, but also find value in touching base with you locals.

Hope all is going groovy! :Namaste:
Shes only a week into flower!

Attachments

• 20190818_110633.jpg
    20190818_110633.jpg
    810.5 KB · Views: 166
Got my first harvest finally! Pretty skimpy (this is from 2 plants), but it's mine. Should end up with about 1.25oz. when dried, cured, and stems removed.

AMjBo1d.jpg
DluAwlL.jpg

UbOivXf.jpg
YUAk14y.jpg

Also got about 1/10th gram scissor hash during the trim.
ZkMJCCT.jpg

Been a nice summer here in Brockton. I hate for summer to end. I need more summer!
Been productive. I have started an indoor compost, made LAB's, halfway through making fish emulsion and got our first batch of leachette from the compost.
Hoping to start next grow by end of October. We stopped the lower level remodeling because of heat of summer. We will finish the remodeling and then build a grow room/area. I only have a 1200 Watt LED blurple light and will need to invest in new lighting at some point. Might not be until after this fall/winter grow. Need to win the lottery. Lol
Got some CBD and THC seeds I am itching to plant.

Back
Top Bottom