Massachusetts Growers

Ha! Just went into Boston with wife and my kid who is back from college for xmas. Met some friends for lunch and drinks. I brought 4 tubes with Raw King sized cones filled with 4 Assed Monkey and ChemDog (2 of each). After several pints at the Black Rose, the girls were ready for shopping, the guys were ready for a cone. We walked across Quincy Market. The 4 other guys I was with were like, "Where the hell are we going man? Its fucking cold!". I ducked through that cool ass little hallway that goes to the back side of the market. I pulled out the tubes and we lit them all.

People walked by and smiled. 4 people stopped and smoked with us. There were on their way home from work. They seemed like perfectly groovy people, so why not. Twas a good pre xmas day in Boston! Love getting into the city when I can. Only a 30 minute train ride, so much fun.

Happy Holidays to all my fellow Wicked Mass Grass growers!

Anytime I'm in Quincy Market, I HAVE to get the lobster and corn. Been doing it since the mid 80's (when it was $8). Last time I went was a few years ago, and it was $25 for the same thing. Probably $30 or so these days.

Boston Chowder Company is my go to, particularly this time of year when its cold. Regina pizza and the french fry place are the other two I hit. But the Clam Chowda in a bread bowl wicked this time of year. Walking around the city and getting that chill in ya, then going inside the market with all that food, the smells and the warmness and kindness of the city that it gives ya, is just something fun and special.

Love this town, through and through.

Oh yah, Taste of Philly, if you are gonna get a cheese steak outside of Philly, you get it in Quincy Market.....

Pic from this aft noon. Quincy Market, in the center, looking up.

7E2C5BF9-822D-4381-956A-BA1630856FA4.jpeg

Never been up that way. I stay down on the south shore mostly. I’d get lost going north of Boston proper.

Never been up that way. I stay down on the south shore mostly. I’d get lost going north of Boston proper.

:ciao: Once you get through Boston, areas north of the city are simple to navigate. Boston itself is hectic lol. I'm just north of the city, not very far...but far enough from any chaos. I've got the beautiful Atlantic less than two miles from me. Walkable distance with a beautiful sunrise/sunset. : )

Nice to meet you and the other fine folks here from MA!

:circle-of-love:

Growing during winter prevents my depression from setting in to hard.:hug:

Same here... Woke up this morning, 13F.. Needed to crawl into the tent with the plants to warm up!

Ahhh. Mass Peeps. I love you all. The snow is totally groovy, ain't it? Had such a lovely dinner. I just effing love the weather. Gonna go for a walk in the snow with the baby puppy dogs!

Back
Top Bottom