MassMedMan's Guerilla Grow

Hello folks,

It's me again, ur handy dandy gardener with a new journal. This one is going to be a guerrilla grow. I'll be starting plants in my tent, in my shed, for a couple more weeks, then I'll start the bulk outside in my greenhouse. My plan is to plant twelve autos over the course of a couple weeks, month,,, in five gallon cans, which will go in the woods around the area.

My goal for this is to harvest a pound.

Not exactly sure on all the strains used.

What area? Not sure, maybe I'll use my car, or perhaps my quad, or, I could just hump it. The old grunt in me loves humping...... for a purpose,,, sure.

So, I tried to upload some pics of the five or six areas I scouted already, but seems the file size was to big. Of course the area I am looking to guerrilla grow,, let's say most humans won't go there. I like the bush, I like briars, I like to make things disappear. Like marijuana plants in a big field of dreams. Or, up in a tree, do say?

Stay tuned,, this one is for fun.

:ganjamon:

Picky picky picky, meh, not my site.

Anyway, here's some of what I'll be growing in the woods:

Screenshot_2015-04-20-09-44-56.png

I'm going to look at the spots again today. Heavy rain last light and I'm curious what those spots look like after a rain. Most were in highlands, one was down low near a steam. I think I'll need to adjust that location. Hope to get a few pics, might start digging one hole today.....think I'll have "a" plant ready to go out mid may.... considering a photo plant or two among the autos. I'll be putting plants out there much more frequently in May.

Scouting is critical. I always bring my POS "sun-scope" to double-check exposure. There's an app for smartphones that does a much better job, but mine still worx after all these years & cost me <$2. If you guys are interested, I can post the name here.
Highlands can have excellent aspect. If you can find a spot there w/gentle slope, I'd grab it. Stream beds are always tempting (the whole self-watering thing), but it's hard to find a spot that's sunny enough.

MaxYields: Cool to meet another GGer. Will your GG be urban, or ex-?

Scouting is critical. I always bring my POS "sun-scope" to double-check exposure. There's an app for smartphones that does a much better job, but mine still worx after all these years & cost me <$2. If you guys are interested, I can post the name here.
Highlands can have excellent aspect. If you can find a spot there w/gentle slope, I'd grab it. Stream beds are always tempting (the whole self-watering thing), but it's hard to find a spot that's sunny enough.

MaxYields: Cool to meet another GGer. Will your GG be urban, or ex-?

It will be semi-urban. Very forested with lots of winding rivers and creeks through out, we are going to hike a little ways into one of the less populated areas along one of the bigger rivers and wee what we can find. He says he has a couple good places but they don't have my seal of approval yet :cheesygrinsmiley: I am super excited to set his GG up.

Do you guys dig a trench and fill it with your owl soil or just use the dirt?

I always amend the soil. In urban-GGs, it's almost a necessity. If I find a spot w/good soil, I tend to mix amendments w/local soil, otherwise I dig it all out & just use my mix. I know people who bury buckets, but that never made any sense to me. Limits root growth, and is clear evidence that the grow is deliberate. If you're already digging a hole, may as well drop the plant in it and bring the bucket home.

If you're planting on re-plants, add extra N to the mix. Wood chips can throw the C:N ratio all out of whack causing yellowing and lock-outs.

I always amend the soil. In urban-GGs, it's almost a necessity. If I find a spot w/good soil, I tend to mix amendments w/local soil, otherwise I dig it all out & just use my mix. I know people who bury buckets, but that never made any sense to me. Limits root growth, and is clear evidence that the grow is deliberate. If you're already digging a hole, may as well drop the plant in it and bring the bucket home.

If you're planting on re-plants, add extra N to the mix. Wood chips can throw the C:N ratio all out of whack causing yellowing and lock-outs.

Oh damn dude, well according to your location, we may stumble upon eachother while tending to our Guerrilla Grows haha :rofl: :rofl:

Will probably be sending you a PM in the near future :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'll probably bring my own soil and just dig a trench for it and fill it up. Seems like it will get the best results :cheesygrinsmiley: Thanks for all the info man, I will definitely get my brother on the forum so he can document it :cheesygrinsmiley:

Howdy Neighbor,
All 3 of my sites are right in the city, MidTown. My best plant was right between Symphony Hall and Piedmont Park. I don't know how many thousands of people walked w/in 4 yards of this 9+'-beast, but damn she cropped out great.

I think you'll like growing down here. Good temps, hi-humidity usually leads to a little Rust, decent soil over clay and long days of sun over the course of a long season. Make sure to clear Kudzu @ planting & whenever you visit.
PM is cool.

Howdy Neighbor,
All 3 of my sites are right in the city, MidTown. My best plant was right between Symphony Hall and Piedmont Park. I don't know how many thousands of people walked w/in 4 yards of this 9+'-beast, but damn she cropped out great.

I think you'll like growing down here. Good temps, hi-humidity usually leads to a little Rust, decent soil over clay and long days of sun over the course of a long season. Make sure to clear Kudzu @ planting & whenever you visit.
PM is cool.

Oh damn... yeah that is super urban!

These plants will be in Sandy Springs area along the Chattahoochee. Atlanta seemed like a good place to grow minus all the heat, and apparently things have been super hot in the Sandy Springs area recently and they are ALWAYS lookin' for kids to bust for weed. Total dickheads.

Regardless, thanks for the info, I will definitely clear out the Kudzu... How do you go about watering?

I water w/2-liter slow-dripper bottles. Burn 2 small holes in a cap w/a hot nail; shoot for 1 bubble/sec. Put bottle upside-down at base of plant, giving a nice long drink that actually soaks in rather than running down the hill.
Subsequent watering runs are quick, ez & discrete. Fill bottles at home & amend as you see fit, then cap w/regular (no holes) cap. @ site just swap bottles and caps and scoot. Leave w/empty bottle and regular cap, so no stinky drips in the backpack. Works great & costs nothing. When plant is strong enough, tie a loop of twine around stem attached to bigger loop for bottle to keep it upright.

I water w/2-liter slow-dripper bottles. Burn 2 small holes in a cap w/a hot nail; shoot for 1 bubble/sec. Put bottle upside-down at base of plant, giving a nice long drink that actually soaks in rather than running down the hill.
Subsequent watering runs are quick, ez & discrete. Fill bottles at home & amend as you see fit, then cap w/regular (no holes) cap. @ site just swap bottles and caps and scoot. Leave w/empty bottle and regular cap, so no stinky drips in the backpack. Works great & costs nothing. When plant is strong enough, tie a loop of twine around stem attached to bigger loop for bottle to keep it upright.

Holy hell that is such a smart idea............. +reps to you my friend.

Gonna try and rig up that watering system with something closer to a gallon, or a couple gallons so that I can get my brother some nutrients and he doesn't have to do any math when mixing that stuff up.. How often do you go on watering runs with the 2-liters, and do you leave one 2-liter per plant or a few?

Have you ever done similar like a gravity slow feed from a rain catch or buried poly drum higher up.

It can be buried. Just higher elevation I've done it but cover well fishing out dead possum is no fun. We used a mesh screen after. They do have drawback. Especially cleaning.

It can be buried. Just higher elevation I've done it but cover well fishing out dead possum is no fun. We used a mesh screen after. They do have drawback. Especially cleaning.

Yeah, something like that would be awesome and very convenient, especially if I had 6-10 plants I needed to water.

But for my brothers set up I doubt he will have more than 4 so one of the bigger squarish 2-gallon milk jugs per plant sounds like a good solution, especially if he only had to replace it every 2-4 days depending on stage of growth. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom