MassMedMan's Perpetual Mainline

Oh, noooooooo Mr. Bill cut the Cheese!!

:sorry:

20150508_093855.jpg

I didn't think a grow of this kind deserved to be thrown in with my others. So, I decided to start a new journal dedicated to my grow attempt at Light Addicts FLUX technique,, on one of my Deep Cheese females.

I'll come back later with info on the strain. It smells, that I know.

I need to take Mr. Bill to the ER, I think he has a problem....

(Hopefully some of the older folks will remember Mr. Bill from Saturday Night Live, and get/appreciate my humor. For those who don't know who he is, check YouTube. Late seventies early eighties Saturday Night Live was the best it ever was, and will ever be. I can watch those reruns all day. He's actually got his own website with reruns,, lol. Mr bill dot com

I didn't have all the colors to make Mr. Bill correct, but I tried.)

Happy Friday, 420
:welcome:

Training day one. Keeping it light.

20150509_095500.jpg

I'm not going to lie, this might be my favorite grow. I like training plants, this method is the extreme. Been reading LAs threads, and some other members who have done FLUX training and journals on plants,, and the end product is always outstanding. I think more hands on with the plant is a hidden bonus. Anyway, I got a long ways to go. Think I'll up-pot to a seven gallon. Final pot.

Other than that,,, Mr. Bill is rehabbing and will be back soon. Lightweight.

What the FLUX?

Happy Hump Day :) :)

20150513_090545.jpg

I'm not going to lie, this might be my favorite grow. I like training plants, this method is the extreme. Been reading LAs threads, and some other members who have done FLUX training and journals on plants,, and the end product is always outstanding. I think more hands on with the plant is a hidden bonus. Anyway, I got a long ways to go. Think I'll up-pot to a seven gallon. Final pot.

Hey LA, looking at this quote, I think our man is on the right side.

I have to follow my fellow Fluxers and sign up for the ride.

WOOHOO!!!

I'm definitely on board for this one! Gonna be a wild ride brother!!

Yeah buddy, been lurking on your grow....Thanks got coming by,, good luck btw,, I think ya got it ;)

Here of course my friend :)
Anything you need just holla or post up on flux central and Ill get back quick as I can. Best of luck and flux away my friend! :)

Outstanding!!

20150516_155711.jpg

She loves her new home!!

Hey LA, looking at this quote, I think our man is on the right side.

I have to follow my fellow Fluxers and sign up for the ride.

Yeah buddy,,, I'm eager to learn. Thank you!!

Little update,, two weeks since I topped her. Took first node branches two days ago to try cloning. Other then that haven't done much but spread her open. Scrubby likes that spread open view... I need to add this journal to my signature....:thanks:

20150524_094816.jpg

20150524_094825.jpg

Hey MassMedMan, all looking good my friend :goodjob:. I would tie those side arms down so that only the 2 main arms remain the highest points.

Thank you very much!! I did that today actually... when the main ends reach the side of the pot, do I top them? One side will be there in a day or two. I assume once I do that,, the side nodes will take off???

Would you add more soil??? I kinda like having the airflow but want to follow the "rules" or method as close as possible... the top of the plant is at the top of the container,, but there is almost three inches between top of container and the soil,, in case you can't see that from the pic

I would not bother with the soil at this stage. I kept my plant close to the soil in my NLxBB grow as I was pinning down my arms so needed depth for the pins to stick. My current Flux grows have air space like yours.

I'm not sure about the topping part as we always keep the two main arms slightly higher than the rest. On my NLxBB grow I trained the arms around the edge of the pot and carried on doing the same as you are with the side arms. You still have plenty of space in that pot so you could train both main arms clockwise or both anti-clockwise to fill some space.

I hope this answers your questions but feel free to ask away should it not.

Great info, MedFarmer, thank you for responding. Yes, that does clear things up, very well!

Ok I'd rig up some extra training tethers as you don't have many limbs yet. :)
If you want a true flux you dont want to bend the main arms as were all about flow with fluxing and you want an even and straight base to be able to generate the feeding loop I devised for fluxes!
Keep her going as Med said with the 2 main tips higher than the other limbs :) this is the base of the feeding loop idea. Simply put the two main ends being higher make them the dominant sites. Being dominant they call for the most energy etc. Yet as they are the furthest points from the stem they are the last to draw from the plant. Then by finding a fitting feeding level that doesn't flood and over rule the plants uptake needs a loop will be created. Where the dominant sites keep calling for more uptake, yet the other limbs all feed freely off the flux prior to the dominant ends and thus a loop to create a hungry and fast flux is born and obviously this leads to bigger colas :)

I'd use some garden canes strapped across the top of the pot as tether points for extended training out for more limbs and in the end BUD ;)

Hey LA quick question. What would you say is an average veg Window for your fluxes. I failed at mine it still yielded about 5 oz but man it vegged for eons.

I'd say as long as your running a flux under good light etc from the beginning then you are looking at 10- 14 week veg. This should then be a plant the size of my original flux which should have got me over the 20 oz mark.
For a faster flux you simply take 2 headed clones off a mom on the second wave of clones. This will cut down the vegging time substantially once your mom is ready of course :)

Back
Top Bottom