Medium - Hydroton
PPM - 800
PH - 5.9
RH - 50% to 55%
Room Temperature -70-75
Solution Temperature -66.6
Room Square Footage - 9
Pests - None Known

Problem: I had two other fan leaves do the same thing before I topped and I Just cannot seem to figure out what is causing this. It all is happening on the upper fan leaves of the plant, non below the first 4 inches of the top. Starts out as some intervenal chlorosis. And it takes over a week for it too look the way it does now.Any ideas please? Thank you too all in advance
IMG_20151111_100207431_1_.jpg
IMG_20151111_100159767_1_.jpg

Hey there Bear... seeing that it is only at the top of the plant we know it is a non-mobile nutrient deficiency. This narrows it down real fast and then studying this chart and comparing it to the list of mobile and non-mobile nutrients, I have a strong suspicion that I know what is going on.

NutrientPHRange.jpg

Your pH at 5.9 is up near the top end for hydro. I submit that it is a bit too high to pick up at least one if not more of the micronutrients, mainly the heavy metals that need a more acidic mix to become mobile. I think this looks like a zinc deficiency, and I think that if you lower your pH to 5.5, it will go away.

Good luck!

Sense Emilya

Emilya,
Thank you for your insight I have been scouring the forums all day long and was leaning towards zinc. Just never been a def. ive had to deal with or seen yet. Thank you again

Back
Top Bottom