Mateo's Great White Shark Clones

Mjc5281

This is going to be my first grow journal so forgive me for any mistakes.
Strain: Great White Shark
Received: 2 clones on 7-25-18
Medium: Growing roots in water then will be transported

On this day I now have three clones from a Great White Shark that was 8' at the time and was grown outdoors for most of it's life. All three are in cups of water inside a closet. I have a 600w LED grow light with veg and bloom settings that keeps the closet in the mid 60s to mid 70s and retains a humidity range of 62-75%. Besides the water in the cups they are misted throughout the day when the humidity seems low. After 15 days there hasn't been much progress with the rooting. All that I have seen are white bumps forming on one of the stems.

Future plans: I plan on moving the plants to a grow tent when they have rooted and can be planted. I have bought 3 gallon smart pots and Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil. For the nutrients I bought the Fox Farms Grow Big, Big Bloom amd Tiger Bloom. I will also be testing the companion planting method once they are in pots.

Attachments

• 20180808_141651.jpg
    20180808_141651.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 95
  • 15337522617564508169469536988106.jpg
    15337522617564508169469536988106.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 15337523165331672903209687564923.jpg
    15337523165331672903209687564923.jpg
    519.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 15337523896862764718266315080872.jpg
    15337523896862764718266315080872.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 115
Ive seen most ppl here use a Dewey mister to start clones. Did you use any clonex powder or gel?

Don't have much experience with them myself, too many beans I want to run.

Ive seen most ppl here use a Dewey mister to start clones. Did you use any clonex powder or gel?

Don't have much experience with them myself, too many beans I want to run.
No I wasn't able to. I know it's a little late but I used a cutting from one of my aloe plants and put the gel on the stems. I've read that it can be used as a natural alternative. I cut some of the larger leaves off as well just to try and help it focus on the roots. I thought that more of the leaves would yellow and would just drop

Interesting Process you have going there. Do you have any type of rooting stimulator or hormones in that water. Is it he water pHed and you’re going to grow this with soil. let us know what you know so we can help you out as much as possible

Interesting Process you have going there. Do you have any type of rooting stimulator or hormones in that water. Is it he water pHed and you’re going to grow this with soil. let us know what you know so we can help you out as much as possible
I never bought any root hormones because nobody talked about using them that used this method. I haven't pHed rhe water, what pH level should I try and reach? Also, I bought the Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil, I havent pHed it either and it hasn't been opened yet. I was going to wait to prepare the soil until the roots were long enough.

I’m a hydroponic grower. So I don’t have very much soil knowledge. But I can grow some really nice plants. If there are ever any questions. Just ask anyone. And if they don’t know someone they know will. That’s what makes 420 magazine the greatest forms ever hands down. :peace:

I’m a hydroponic grower. So I don’t have very much soil knowledge. But I can grow some really nice plants. If there are ever any questions. Just ask anyone. And if they don’t know someone they know will. That’s what makes 420 magazine the greatest forms ever hands down. :peace:
That's true, I've already received more help than I expected.

Here’s a little information on proper ph and what type of plugs to sue and Typical ph coir plugs are produced from coconut husks and are considered a renewable resource. They have a neutral pH and don’t seem to affect the pH of the water. Peat plugs are produced by stripping layers or mining bogs. In the last decade ecological questions have arisen about this practice. Peat has a low, or acidic, pH. Obviously, the pH should be adjusted for the different conditions. Coir has some of the same qualities of Oasis, a foamed plastic used as starter cubes. Clones do best in both coir and the plastic cubes at a pH of 6.3.

Peat cubes lower the pH of the water so the pH should be raised to 6.4 or even 6.5. To find out exactly what pH to use, check the peat’s pH. Figure out how much lower than 6.3 the peat measures. Then raise the water’s pH by that amount. Finally, after watering, check the pH of the drain water. It should be about 6.3. If it’s off, tinker around with the irrigation water pH, until the drain water does measure 6.3

Many people use Rockwool starter cubes for cloning. They are made from spun basalt rock. There are ecological problems related to their disposal. A lot of used rockwool winds up in dumps. Rockwool has a very high pH, especially when it’s new. I found that it produced spectacularly when it was buffered in a low pH water, 5.8, for at least 12 hours before it was used. The irrigation water was adjusted to 6.1.

Here’s a little information on proper ph and what type of plugs to sue and Typical ph coir plugs are produced from coconut husks and are considered a renewable resource. They have a neutral pH and don’t seem to affect the pH of the water. Peat plugs are produced by stripping layers or mining bogs. In the last decade ecological questions have arisen about this practice. Peat has a low, or acidic, pH. Obviously, the pH should be adjusted for the different conditions. Coir has some of the same qualities of Oasis, a foamed plastic used as starter cubes. Clones do best in both coir and the plastic cubes at a pH of 6.3.

Peat cubes lower the pH of the water so the pH should be raised to 6.4 or even 6.5. To find out exactly what pH to use, check the peat’s pH. Figure out how much lower than 6.3 the peat measures. Then raise the water’s pH by that amount. Finally, after watering, check the pH of the drain water. It should be about 6.3. If it’s off, tinker around with the irrigation water pH, until the drain water does measure 6.3

Many people use Rockwool starter cubes for cloning. They are made from spun basalt rock. There are ecological problems related to their disposal. A lot of used rockwool winds up in dumps. Rockwool has a very high pH, especially when it’s new. I found that it produced spectacularly when it was buffered in a low pH water, 5.8, for at least 12 hours before it was used. The irrigation water was adjusted to 6.1.
Would it be smart to try a different method to get them to root? Or is it too late? I just can't tell if they'll root or they're just taking a long time.

How’s the base of the stalk look. Soft. Mushing?if not your doing good here are a few steps to insure your cuttings may grow.

First U cut the plant in the desired location.I prefer the Tops of the plants themselves(Topping).If U cut the stem be sure to leave at least one node for future growth on the stem.(Future Cloning) Or future (Bud sites)

Second Be sure to cut @ a 45 degree angle with a SHARP clean knife, shears or razor. I used a pearing knife for awhile.

Third Be sure to have a cup of water handy to place the cutting in directly upon cutting. Its Best to cut in water so air does not enter the main cutting stalk.

Fourth Scraping. This is done quickly. U want to scrape at least the bottom 1/2 inch "SKIN" off the bottom of of the main stalk of ur cutting.
THIS means removing only the OUTSIDE layer of green "SKIN".GENTLY. Just be carefull.

Fifth U can place these cuttings directly in the cup of water. Although ive been experimenting with dipping them in rooting hormone and superthrive ive had awesome results in just placing them in plain water.TAP WATER.

Sixth Cloning medium. This consists of the cup and the water. I cut my cups.( I use regular red plastic party cups found everywhere !)I cut the cups to size to be sufficient enuff to brace the tops of the cuttings (SIZE of cuttings).Meaning, the upper fan leaves dwell on the top of the cut cup.

Seventh This is the last step. WATER LEVEL IN CUP. I put enuff water in my cup to completely cover the area which I scraped. Usaully 1/2 inch to a quarter. THIS water is CHANGED AND WATCHED daily.

Reason being. Cutting drink lots of water sometimes so stay on top keep ur water level consistent. Changing ur water only enstills U are taking every action neccesary to be sure ur water will not stagnate on ur new babies.

Its that simple hope this clears up things for a few people. Its very simple

How’s the base of the stalk look. Soft. Mushing?if not your doing good here are a few steps to insure your cuttings may grow.

First U cut the plant in the desired location.I prefer the Tops of the plants themselves(Topping).If U cut the stem be sure to leave at least one node for future growth on the stem.(Future Cloning) Or future (Bud sites)

Second Be sure to cut @ a 45 degree angle with a SHARP clean knife, shears or razor. I used a pearing knife for awhile.

Third Be sure to have a cup of water handy to place the cutting in directly upon cutting. Its Best to cut in water so air does not enter the main cutting stalk.

Fourth Scraping. This is done quickly. U want to scrape at least the bottom 1/2 inch "SKIN" off the bottom of of the main stalk of ur cutting.
THIS means removing only the OUTSIDE layer of green "SKIN".GENTLY. Just be carefull.

Fifth U can place these cuttings directly in the cup of water. Although ive been experimenting with dipping them in rooting hormone and superthrive ive had awesome results in just placing them in plain water.TAP WATER.

Sixth Cloning medium. This consists of the cup and the water. I cut my cups.( I use regular red plastic party cups found everywhere !)I cut the cups to size to be sufficient enuff to brace the tops of the cuttings (SIZE of cuttings).Meaning, the upper fan leaves dwell on the top of the cut cup.

Seventh This is the last step. WATER LEVEL IN CUP. I put enuff water in my cup to completely cover the area which I scraped. Usaully 1/2 inch to a quarter. THIS water is CHANGED AND WATCHED daily.

Reason being. Cutting drink lots of water sometimes so stay on top keep ur water level consistent. Changing ur water only enstills U are taking every action neccesary to be sure ur water will not stagnate on ur new babies.

The stems are still hard so I guess I'll hold off on changing methods. On my next grow i plan on trying aeroponics.

good stuff here and spot on from what I've seen others use.
Do you think that's the most successful way to grow?
Most successful way depends on the grower. Aeroponics is probably one of the more difficult ways to grow If you ask me. Check out some journals see what method of growing suits you. People here use all kinds of methods and most are successful. :passitleft:

Damn that's a good looking plant, I guess it really does just matter about your preference
If your looking for ease soil would probably be the best option, but yield isn't always the greatest.

Coco is easy and has better yeild.

Hydroponics probably has the best yield but more technical and easier to make mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom