Matsume's third grow local ak strains

matsume

I started off with 14 seeds from various sources.(yes i understand the risk but in this case luckily it worked out great!)After the normal germination process(paper towels wetted in dark) I had them in a limited hight area and the temp was hard to control as well(very cold) i grew the seeds for about a month and cut 2 clones from each and set them on 12/12 .after about a week to my suprise and delight there were 12 females and 2 males.I burned the males and started picking my favorite lady (a new one every week) after another week i found a herme and burned that as well! Had a serious power issue and lost all my clones ohhhhhh horrible day!!!!!!!!!!! After the power issue was worked out we were back on and the plants didnt suffer at all just the lil ones ..... most of the plants didnt produce much as i was hoping to have clones to follow so i threw the plants into bud(allways get roots first as i learned lol)when they were small. had 4 types of great smoke and some very very distinct purple bud that i refused to let die so i left a good deal of bud on all the plants,give them quite a shot of grow fert and put them back on 24 for a week and then to 18 again.After about a week and a half they wereback in veg.they are in 5 gal buckets now and are bushy bushy .im going to clone and take pics today. I use all earthjuice products with 1000 watt switchable ballast.foliar feed with ej and maxi crop aprx 1 time every 2 weeks ! im in a pro mix - pearlite mixture of about 50/50,keeping the temp abt 80 and they do so love it now:rollit:

Cool! Just to let you know, a hermie can be a beautiful thing. ;-) The pollen can be used to make feminized seeds on a another female plant. Looking forward to the pics!

matsume, great job on pulling them back thru and to bushy status again.
I use all earthjuice products with 1000 watt switchable ballast.foliar feed with ej and maxi crop aprx 1 time every 2 weeks ! im in a pro mix - pearlite mixture of about 50/50,keeping the temp abt 80 and they do so love it now

Good choice on soils and nutrients, very similar to what I use.

PICS my good man, we wil wait till she uploads them:smokin:

feb09_048.jpg

This clone was brought back from the brink of death :allgood:
feb09_047.jpg

Smallest babies...
feb09_046.jpg

Bushy lil ones waiting for transplant
feb09_045.jpg

a few of em
feb09_043.jpg

and a few more...
feb09_044.jpg

feb09_042.jpg

feb09_041.jpg

One of the babies...

lots of work but we got the room dialed in 100 percent today should be happier and healthier very soon.

today 12 lil babies were born from 4 moms im really only trying for 2 strains but there so good ill clone the rest and pass em out lol im hoping for the purple and the diesel tasting stuff to root i used olivias cloning gel and pre soak into rockwool as this next one im going to set up the organic hydro and it helps make that transition a lil easier

Oh happy day!! i have 2 lil baby white wicca clones from a friend who ordered the strain years ago they are only a few days old noroots et but i cant wait:grinjoint:

just a little update.......the clones are doing great looks like i wont loose 1 but still no roots.. i drained the water again today and letting them dry out just a bit to encourage the roots to show. all the others are waiting on the clones do we can go 12/12. the reveg plants are really taking off and if i dont see roots soon ill have to move them and put the others in bud anyway before there too big! i know what a problem huh

yes i mist them every day and they are in a tray with 7inch dome and heat mat under em .thanks for keeping up with my lil closet ...soon to be added is a 600 watt veg room which i will take pics and walk through as well as it will be from walls up and should be semi interesting thanks again

I just wanted to add that while a hermie can produce mostly females, it's not totally reliable and I think not using the pollen was a wise choice because you had such a high female ratio from seed. Feminised seeds also in my experience often carry hermaphroditic tendency and it's best to remove the phenotype from the gene pool. I would point out the light green new growth probably a N issue, but it was likely from the environmental factors and it sounds as though you have managed that. All in all your girls look great, if you decide to seed, which I suggest, please contact me, cheers I'll be watching

thanks for the words chek and to answer yes there were n problems at first due to the climate and range of ferts. both of those problems have been resolved and now they are quite happy........... i will post some pics just as soon as those lil ones root again thanks and yes i do plan to seed eventually i was looking into some f1 seeds and cant quite make up my mind which way im going but i believe there will be at least a few blueberry and possibly a barneys in there:cheer:

Back
Top Bottom