Matticusss Hydro Big Bang AF Grow Journal 2015

Ok so i got my tds and ec meter today it also tells water temp. I added a small amount of nutes last night. Checked the water and the ppm is 420. The water temp is 76F. I opened the box door A little bit and setup the fan close to it so that it can blow air into the box.

I gotta say the butter machine works great the smell does come out a bit but not really bad
there might even be a discount code somewhere on site cause they are a sponsor not necessarily meaning they
have discounts just because but some sponsors do. lotta people use it makes it a lot easier
I have one myself set the thing and let it do its thing :thumb:

Thx for the info on that. But im having a huge problem. Regular tap water ppm is 550. I phd to 5.9 added nutes to where ppm read 1029. Water temp is 71F. But they look horrible yellowing on the leafs very droopy plants.

20150516_202008.jpg
20150516_202008.jpg
20150516_202008.jpg
20150516_202008.jpg
20150516_202008.jpg
20150516_202001.jpg
20150516_201954.jpg
20150516_201954.jpg

Ok so i got filtered water. Its base ppm is 55. I added 2.5 gallons of water into the bucket. I added 7.5ml of general hydroponics flora micro, mixed well, then 7.5ml each of grow and bloom. The ph is 5.8. The ppm after adding everything is 426. So it makes the ppm of nutrients around 371. Hopefully they get better.

alright so heres an update

i have no idea whats going on with the ladies, im truly at a loss, maybe im overthinking it. so i changed the res water 2 days ago and added fresh nutes i use general hydroponics flora 3 part. i mixed 1ml of each for each gallon of water as the bottles say, the res holds 2.5 gallons in it since i have to keep the water under the netpots. the ppm read 426 after everything was said and done and over the last 2 days im showing more yellowing leafs and leaf tips are turning up so i replaced as much of the res water as i had left in bottled regular water without nutes. right now. its 73.8F in the res, the ppm is 312 with a base ppm of 55. i used nestle pure life water. the ph is ranging between 5.7 and 6.3, trying to keep it around 5.8. i check the ph and ppm every 3 to 4 hours. i haven't top watered the ladies since roots sprouted out the bottom almost a week ago. i am thinking maybe this autoflower strain is very picky with nutes. ive never had this issue before with soil. usually i would just flush it and things would work themselves out after the flush. ive changed the water a lot in this grow and my ladies are looking horrible. any help please???

heres what they look like ill post new pics in 6 hours lets see if they bounce back at all

20150519_161308.jpg

20150519_161301.jpg

20150519_161253.jpg

and the mutant is the one that looks the best, damn things have changed since planting these seeds, i first thought i was gonna haveto throw it out, and now its looking the other way around.

i do have some white widow feminized ( not autoflower) i could replace these seeds with if things all go to hell. also some big bang feminized ( not autoflower). if anyone has any experience growing these i would definitely like some information about these strains from someone that has grown them.

ok thanks that's what ive been thinking, last night i exchanged some more water and the ppm was 227 and the water has a base ppm of 55. after i did that i added 3 drops of flora micro to try and help with the nitrogen deficiency, i will be picking up cal mag today.

any suggestions as to feeding, since im obviously not doing it right. im using all 3 parts of the 3 part flora series from general hydroponics.

will be changing out all the water and doing a flush today is there any nutes that i should add to the new water or leave it just phd water for a few days then add nutes?

i cleaned the res and changed the water. i only added cal mag, 4ml, to the 2 gallons of water i have, i added no nutes will run that until Saturday if no change then i will start over

i currently have feminized white widow seed germinating just in case. i have read over and over again about how you cant mess up autoflowers or else your screwed.

sorry wasn't around yesterday
hydro affects the plants quicker than soil
its hard for me to tell you how to use the nutes you are using because I dont use that particular brand
im using botanicare's pure blend line and rarely I have issues especially in veg some go weird on me in bloom but its rare
I follow the feed sheet which is not the same as their online feed schedule but I do however have it modified a bit in bloom
I got my feed sheet from the hydro shop I posted it once or twice I use the advance chart and sub out their sweet product for massive
this is in bloom and add either ssu or terpinator with their instructions to help trichome production in bloom
ssu would be snow storm ultra which a sponsor on this site sells, I try to keep it as organic as possible there is another product someone gave me since they had it and it worked not as good as what I normally use but it worked good enough to not have issues mind you I only used this particular set of nutes on my seed project plants
its an ex un named sponsor on this site its a sin to say their name hehehe
I haven't really tried anything else as what I started with worked and I started with the 2 part then gradually starting using more amendments off the advance feed chart till I got the result I was happy with

alright so i haven't been able to keep up with the journal so ill fill you in on what has been going on.

first off i ended up tossing all 3 plants, it was my fault with the nutes,

secondly, i germinated a white widow seed and it cracked after a day i put it in rockwool cube and in the box, waited 7 days and no sprout came through so i opened the rockwool cube and the seed was still as it was when i planted it in the rockwool, i threw it away

Finally, i germinated a feminized ( not autoflower) big bang, a taproot sprouted overnight, I used paper towel method in a sealed container with holes poked in it, and left it on top of my cable box. i must admit it was the fastest a seed popped so far. i transplanted it last night at 11pm which it sat in darkness until 2pm this afternoon, i turned on the led light. so hopefully we will start fresh from here, it is sitting nice in its cube the water is phd to 5.6 i used bottled purified water with based ppm of 45. added very small amount of cal mag since i used the purified water and not tap water. the bottle says it is purified using reverse osmosis. ppm is 149. temp is 74.3F will be using a 18/6 schedule.

Back
Top Bottom