MattyTrips's Poorman Soil Mystery Grow 2011

Spotted a little white mite today on 2 out of 3 plants. can't find any others just the 2. gonna try some neem and de. I'll let you know how it works out.

Mites this early in your grow? You are gonna have a difficult time my friend. Bite this in the ass as fast as possible or you are gonna see problem after problem. Invest in a No-pest-strip for flying bug problems just don't leave them it in your room for upwards of 2-3 days.

As long as you keep it vented you will be fine. Hope things work out for you.:tokin:

went with 1/2 strength and didn't spray it directly on the plants. the mites werent on the plants either. they were kinda roaming the soil near the edge of the cups. havent seen any movement since i applied the spray. Im hoping it doesnt hurt the plants, its made from water and botanical oils.

still no sign of any more of those bastards...hopefully the morning will bring the same. Ill get some new pics up here when lights are back on.

:roorrip:

Hi guys, I think I was able to handle the issue with the mites. I haven't seen the original 2 or anymore since I applied the solution. Hopefully this takes care of it. gonna keep a close eye for anymore signs of these unwanted squatters. I took some more updated pics. hope you enjoy.
img0881.326727

img087.326726

img086.326725

img082.326722

img083.326723

img084.326724

and here are a couple of the buds of the strain that I found the seeds in. guy I got it from says it was sour diesel but not really sure about that.
img0811.326721

img079.326720

Happy growing friends!!
:tokin:

not really sure why my pics didn't load correctly, I've used the same procedure that I have before without issues. If a mod could help with this I would appreciate it.

You might need to just try to post them again. They are in your gallery just not on your thread. I am guessing these are the pics you wanted on your thread.

IMG0811.jpg

IMG079.jpg

You could always edit your post to check if the code is correct.

I was gonna help post those up too but I forgot. Everything is looking good and it seems like you got it working again. Sometimes if your pics don't post onto a thread you can always just go back and edit it to see the problem.

I noticed the roots had reached the bottom of the cup on plant #1 so I transplanted to a bigger container ran out of dirt and the shop is closed sundays so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to trasplant the other 2. I'll post some pics tomorrow. a little yellowing on a couple tips. could the soil be a little hot in nutes? Im using straight FFOF. ill see how they look in the am when lights go back on. its my 30th today so Im just relaxing for the rest of the night.

:tokin::party:

I also had some burn spots in solo cups using Fox Farm Ocean Forest. Only on the first set of true leaves though. All subsequent leaves are perfect. There are pics of the spots in my Blue Planet Grow Journal.

thats exactly what my leaves are looking like except for the smallest one. one of the first leaves it had is twisting a little under the plant. can i assume this is related or could it be over watering?:thanks:

The twisting could be from popping the seed off the plant. I have a couple like that where the seed didn't totally leave the plant right away. THat can deform the leaf its attached to. If its the dreaded claw like symtom where the leaves roll thier sides under then it very well could be over watering or a little shock of some sort. Could be anything really, temp, change in humidity etc.

I am finding some strains deal with things better than others.

I'm thinking I over watered a bit..taking a good 36-48 hrs before i water again. Still have the same burn spots, nothing new thankfully. I transplanted the final 2 today and they seem to have enjoyed the move to bigger space. gonna get some pics up when I get my ass away from this bong.

:roorrip:

Here is plant #3. not having any issues with any burns or yellow spots.
IMG107.jpg

This is the #4. these 2 leaves are the only ones that are damaged.
IMG1021.jpg

This is #5 and the one with the twisting leaves...only 2 are twisting so far, the fan leaf that is taking a left turn and the little one on the right side that is twisting under.
IMG103.jpg

These are all in straight FFOF and I've been watering with bottled spring water. I need to get myself a ph meter and start monitoring and adjusting that. they were under lights 24/0. I switched to 18/6 3 days ago. is there a good chance that this caused a lot of stress to the plants?

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks..

:tokin:

A lot of seeds will have issues after breaking through and growing. Pay close attention to the new growth. That is the main thing you need to watch. If the new growth is healthy you should be fine. I usually have some spotting throughout my first set of leaves(Pending on the seed) but once the 5fingered and up leaves start coming in, they all look great and a nice vivid green.:thumb:

Here are a few pics from a few minutes ago. the biggest and oldest plant is still looking great..the other are still the same but the new growth is looking good.

IMG109.jpg

IMG108.jpg

IMG110.jpg

IMG112.jpg

;)

Back
Top Bottom