Maui Wau - Mekong High

This grow isn't doing so well. In a few days I'll have room opened in the other units to spread these out and get them directly under the light instead of to the side, which will help. Two of the Maui Wauis are dropping leaves just like the Mekong High is:

0052066.JPG
0091389.JPG

This Maui Waui (the oddball) looks okay, but a bit underfed:

0061833.JPG

Post more pics soon.

Hey PC....looking good to me too! You might remember me saying I grew the MH outside & wanted to try one indoors. Well I started one inside recently so l watch yours with lots of interest. Keep up the good work.:thumb:

Good sized pot, not too much nutes or water at one time, decent air circulation, and good lighting are my recommendations so far. These 2 gallon pots have dried to the point of wilt three times now with the larger plants.

Mekong High - 6 weeks from flip (this camera setting doesn't work well with HPS lighting; it did well with cool fluorescent lights):

0022448.JPG

It seems to be one of those strains that drop leaves easily (both the Sativa dominant Maui Wauis are the same). I'm hoping that when my C4DD grow chops this week I can put it in that open unit with the 2 MWs to end the overcrowding I have in all 3 of my flowering tents. Look at how bad this tent is>>>>>

0012499.JPG

Post more pics soon, and some close-ups as soon as they all look good enough for it. :)

Notes: I pulled 2 plants from my C4DD grow for chop. One of the Maui Wauis went into the empty space and it has more direct light so it won't look so much like this one soon (hopefully):

0042200.JPG

I'm starting to like this Maui Waui pheno (at least for the bulk). Looks like the ol' ounce-on-a-stick trick to me!

0022449.JPG

How the mauis smell? I love their scent far more than the skunk, diesel, chemical, body odor, stench of some of the others I've seen. Looking good chimp! One of my Grinspoons may build some nice colas. Neither one looks like heirloom sativas. Gonna go for 4 trained after the new year. A Maui, panama, African, and a buzz light year. If you ever go "pick a seed", I reccomend the Eva High Level. Very frosty, and easy to grow. Stinks like a lab experiment though. Keep them green!

I wish I could say they were looking good, Spitz :) I might salvage the two Sativa dominant ones some, but at around 3-4 weeks to chop they won't pull out completely. Here they are after a switch, leaving them uncrowded and directly under the light now:

0012504.JPG

This is from the plant growing above the light ballast:

0022453.JPG

This is the plant on the left in the pic. I put it in a few days ago so it's had a chance to start recovering from that same problem:

0032349.JPG

But they're both iffy at best:

0042203.JPG

The Indica dominant one looks better; the hairs are starting to brown:

0052073.JPG
0061838.JPG

Post more pics soon.

Not looking any better well maybe a little (Sativa Dominant Maui Wauis):

0071717.JPG
0081565.JPG
0091396.JPG

That thermometer/hydrometer is off; I need to get a new one in there. Here's the Indica Dominant Maui Waui, just before defoliation (sorry about the bad color):

015759.JPG

Ounce-on-a-stick! :tokin:
Sorry it took so long to get back to you on the smell. I'm trying to remember what product this Mekong High smells like; you would know if you smelled it, Spitz. The smell is like a light eucalyptus or menthol behind a spice or fragrant wood and a moderate amount of citrus. Maybe those REE-KO-LUHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! cough drop things? ;)

I've got 2-3 weeks left on these (my last harvest running 11.5 on and 12.5 off put the plants at the low end of the breeder's times). I'm not sure if the roots grow much at this stage, so my decision was the same. I'm gonna limp 'em home mostly 'cause I'm cheap but partly 'cause I'm lazy too :) Here's the limping along Mekong High:

0012509.JPG
0022457.JPG
0032353.JPG

I know you're not real happy w/the MH, but it's got that nice bluish/gray tint to the green & long white pistils that I remember from mine. Looking pretty frosty too. Sandalwood, spicy smell?:bravo:

This is the only plant I'm okay with in this grow. Maui Waui (Indica dominant):

0012516.JPG
0071721.JPG

The other two Sativa dominant ones are still looking rough, but the buds look okay. At least I won't have to trim them; all the leaves will have fallen off by then. :)

Back
Top Bottom