Mauiwauiguy - White Widow x Bigbud Under LED - 2nd Grow

Re: Mauiwauiguy - White Widow x Bigbud under LED (2nd Grow)

Welcome aboard KingJohnC,

These girls should be going into the big tent in a week. Really piss poor planning on my part. They are happy and healthy and post some pics tonight. Can't wait to get that tent clean and hang that new LED.

Maui

Latest picture update:

DSCN03358.JPG
DSCN03346.JPG
DSCN03337.JPG
DSCN03326.JPG

They are just waiting for their turn in the big tent. All is well in the world.

Maui

They are happy and green..

Cross your fingers. I hope to move these girls to the new light setup and the big tent in a week provided the GDP girl are done.

Maui

subbed to these beauties too :)

Welcome aboard mrrobert420. The next couple of weeks will get a bit more exciting as they get under their new LED light.

Thanks for stopping in.

Maui

Sorry for the delay but my GDP girls are just about to finish. A day or so, then we will get the WWxBB girls really rockin!!

Maui

Another grow?! I'm in ;)

Your tent is the same kine as my good friend, the OldMedMan! Very nice.

Using smart pots? I did for a while... I liked them, there is just to much moisture where I live (I've seen molds start on the fabric!).. All airpots now for me.

Hey thanks for stopping in THsea

I like the smart pots so far. I live on the east side of Washington so the humidity is usually low. I keep my tent at 50% for the most part and have seen no mold. Air pots.... aren't those for hydro setups?
I am still waiting on the GDP girls to finish so I can get these girls moved in with their new light. Hopefully just another week.

Maui

LOL Damned if I know!! I have yet to set the light up as my main tent is still full. I was a bit pre-mature on getting these girls ready. Lesson learned. My plan is to get the GDP girls out of the main tent, sanitize the main tent as the GDP girls have PM. Change my 600W HID to the Top LED.
As for how most cannabis does with LED's, there are numerous grow logs here that show great grows. I have no doubt that I will be successful with the LED. Did a lot of reading and research before jumping in.

JG, hang around my friend and we will watch these grow under the LED.

Maui

Let's watch em grow indeed. My understanding is that the LED will not make as large a yield but will produce a max of trich's and oils and cbd's. I believe the his is better for a high yield. I am looking into getting a 5x5 tent with one his light and possibly supplement with LED. I just don't know if I should go with 1000w or 600w. I have heard that 600w is more efficient but I don't know.

Hey I just saw in this thread that you used a free sample of North County Bounty soil. How did that go? Would you advise against?
I am trying to go all organic on this grow so just a good organic soil and an organic liquid fertilizer.

Oh hell no on the North County Bounty. These girls love this dirt. I have had no issues with it and the only reason I don't use it all the time is because of the cost. 30 bucks a bag compared to 16 bucks for Rootz Original. My GDP girls are in the Rootz and they are doing very well.

As for Nutes, the only nutes I will be using is Blooming nutes. This dirt is so hot that if you add anything to it, the girls get a bit burnt. Even using just a 1/3 of what FF calls for. So I just don't add anything.

HID lighting, I am using a 600W in my main tent for now. There is proof out there that says a 600 is more efficient than a 1000 but considering you are going to a bigger tent, I may lean towards the 1000W. Just to make sure you get good light penetration.

Part of the reason for going to an LED is power consumption is 500 - 600W and the output is 1200 w. I spoke with Sara at TOP LED and the Mars II 1200 is the unit she suggested for my 4 x 4 tent.

Should be exciting and can't wait.

Maui

Hello all,

The GDP girls are coming down tonight. A little house keeping and sanitizing and these girls will make the move. I will install the LED tomorrow afternoon. I will photo journal the unpacking and setup of the light.

Maui

Whew what a trip that was. Never try and take down 3 plants by yourself starting at 5 PM. Took me until 1 Am to get completely done with the GDP girls but they are done and in the jars.

As for my (now dubbed) Widow Bud, they are rocking the house. I now have them under my Mars II 1200. Holy crap is that light bright. Need sunglasses to go in the tent now. I will post some pics tonight when I get home from work.

I plan on vegging for another 2 weeks give or take and then flip the lights to 12/12. Hoping for another bumper crop from these girls.

Maui

Looking good Maui. :thumb: I've been thinking about switching to LED to lower my 300 dollar power bill. Happy Munchday

Hey BB,

If all the numbers jive, I will get twice the light running an LED vs my HID. 600W HID draws 600 odd watts to run. My Mars II 1200 runs on 594 watts of power and one less fan. Not sold on the light yet but time will tell.

Maui

Back
Top Bottom