Max yields: Fewer plants

dawook4420

I just finished my second grow, both in a 2' x 4' tent. My first grow was bag seed under a 600W LED, 6 plants in 3 gallons pots, yielding 5 oz. This time I upgraded to a 1000W LED and grew only two Northern Lights feminized in 10 gallon pots, yielding 10 oz. Obviously, better genetics and a stronger light contributed to doubling my yield. The fact that I grew only two plants instead of six did not inhibit my haul at all. For my next grow I'm thinking of trying a scrog and I'm wondering if it would be possible to get anywhere near a 10 oz. harvest with only 1 plant.

I'm actually very surprised I got 5 oz. per plant in the first place. Most seed banks advertise only 3.5 oz. or so per plant, and I'm not running CO2 or growing hydro or anything. Maybe 3.5 is without training. I dunno. But my thinking is that I can train one plant using a traditional mainline (did 4-way the last two grows) and spread the two "main lines" widthwise under a rectangular screen shaped to fit my tent — thus filling the entire grow space with only 1 plant instead of 2. I'll have to veg for longer of course, but is it reasonable to think I can get anywhere close to 10 oz. using this method? Or is that just expecting way too much from only one plant?

350 or something thereabouts. It was actually too strong and burned my plants, one more so than the other. I'm getting a new tent this time, seven feet tall instead of five to account for the stronger light. Even at max height it was too much.

As for the root space, I'd still be using the same 10 gallon pot. Not sure how much larger a plant the pot will accommodate.

If you want high yeild, go for a hps system, also bigger the pots the bigger the yield, all you need to worry about is getting them pots filled with roots and then you will seek better results.

From what I've learned in my 2 grows, lighting and environment are key for yield. What brand of light is it? I've learned that not all leds are created equal. In fact the lights that are more in pink/red spectrum are not that good. My 450w leds draw the same wattage as those 1000w pink leds if that tells you anything. This on top of creating the ideal envroment is key, tempature, ph, air circulation. I just pulled 6oz off an 18 inch autoflower that's only supposed to yield 1-2oz. I'm starting some serious yielderd right now and fully expect to get a pound or more. Follow my journal in my description :)

This is the kind of setup I would personally recommend for a tent, otherwise you are just wasting space and yield. I learned that the hard way. These 4 plants are massively involved in a very thin, black nylon net. I use 2.5 X 2.5 inch squares in the net. So far so good, but we’ll see come weigh in. I just tuck, tuck, tuck til the net is full.

BCB1AEDD-9F8A-449A-AE39-2746C4926E06.jpeg

From what I've learned in my 2 grows, lighting and environment are key for yield. What brand of light is it? I've learned that not all leds are created equal. In fact the lights that are more in pink/red spectrum are not that good. My 450w leds draw the same wattage as those 1000w pink leds if that tells you anything. This on top of creating the ideal envroment is key, tempature, ph, air circulation. I just pulled 6oz off an 18 inch autoflower that's only supposed to yield 1-2oz. I'm starting some serious yielderd right now and fully expect to get a pound or more. Follow my journal in my description :)
When I bought the Maxsisun PB4000, I thought it was a budget light. It was then, compared to say, Spider Farmer. From what I’ve seen, I would much rather have a brighter LED (402 watts) that is leaning more to the cooler side of the spectrum, than less lumens in a warmer spectrum LED. Starting to see that the brightness of the light is primary, regardless of spectrum, then spectrum is secondary.

Back
Top Bottom