Maximizing Yield

RangerDanger

The following techique is not for indoor growers, or for outdoor growers who want to visit their plants as seldom as possible.

Generally, buds on the ends of branches ripen first. Often they comprize up to 1/3 of the end of the branch. I cut this portion of the branches off of the standing plant. Then with scissors I remove the smaller buds ONLY (leaving the branch and leaves) further in on each branch, stopping when I get down to the small airy unripe buds. I continue to water and care for them.
Then I return in a week or 2. Those small airy buds are now bigger and denser. I cut them off the branch. If there are any small airy buds left I continue to give the plant water.
Then I return in 1--2 weeks. Again, all these tiny buds are big.
I have visited some of my backyard plants as many as 4 times after the initial harvest. I have gotten as much as an extra ounce off of plants, buds that would weigh a total of a few grams of low-potency weed if I had harvested the entire plant at once.

I can't do that with my grow. I have chronic and it will greatly reduce the yeild. Chronic is a strain that the main cola has the majority of the weight, if you try and cut it you end up with really small central colas.
Might try it on another strain though, there are so many things I want to try out.

Urdedpal said:
I can't do that with my grow. I have chronic and it will greatly reduce the yeild. Chronic is a strain that the main cola has the majority of the weight, if you try and cut it you end up with really small central colas.
Might try it on another strain though, there are so many things I want to try out.

I think you mis-understood.
I cut cola's off when they're ripe but leave the plant alive so the small buds get fatter.
I'm talking about those tiny "popcorn" buds. If you leave the plant alive (instead of ripping it up or cutting it down) these buds will get bigger and denser and more potent.

that's a very good idea. i will definitely try this when i harvest mine in a month or two.

one question though: cutting the ripe buds off doesn't stress the underdeveloped buds?

It you just cut the buds off the branch the plant will live. The remaining buds will continue to develop.

The reaon I don't suggest it for indoors is because it costs a lot oF $$ to keep the lights on for a small amt. of bud instead of starting new plants.

would leaving the stems and buds detract from the amount of hash i can get from trim?

rangerdanger said:
It you just cut the buds off the branch the plant will live. The remaining buds will continue to develop.

The reaon I don't suggest it for indoors is because it costs a lot oF $$ to keep the lights on for a small amt. of bud instead of starting new plants.

True one of the things that popped in when I was thinking about it..
but might be worth pushin' off to the egdes of a perpetual SOG..

Other wise they just end up hash

see if it does anything for me :)

When the plant tells me. 50% or more opal trichomes. Sometimes a little earlier if I am at need of some. Always seem to go over the 8 week mark though.

Back
Top Bottom