Max's PC Grow Box Journal - 2013

Maxximilian

Hello All,
So I wanted to start off by saying that this is my first grow, and that I will be posting pictures and information regularly. I decided to go online with this build as I wanted as much support and information available whilst growing these babies. So Information to the build:

Cosmos S PC case -(W x H x D), (W) 266 x (H) 598 x (D) 628 mm
Plants - Chronic Clone & Euforia Clone
Lights - 3 x 15w 2700k (970 lm a bulb)
2 x 15w 6500k (900 lm a bulb)
Fans - 2x pc fan hooked up to usb cable. 1x pulling air in 1x pushing air out.

I started off by cutting cardboard and lining it with aluminium foil as a reflective base but also to keep light from exiting everywhere. The pots i've had to cut as they were far too long. The light cycle i'm running them on at the moment is 20/4 i'm not sure about this timing if its right or not, feed back would be much appreciated on this. Also in respect to size of case and plants when would you all suggest I start putting them into flowering mode?

Any additional information needed please feel free to ask, and any comments and suggestions and ideas are always appreciated. Thanks all in advance.

Now to leave you with some pictures.

IMG_027526.JPG

Sorry forgot to turn this one before uploading.

IMG_027627.JPG

IMG_027726.JPG

IMG_027429.JPG

IMG_027023.JPG

IMG_026924.JPG

So I have decided to put them into the flowering cycle starting tomorrow. 12/12. The reason behind this is that i'm slightly limited for space thinking of tying up the lights in order for more vertical space.

Thing is tomorrow i have a tight day and probably can only get a longer slimmer pot that will hold the two on wednesday. Repotting shouldn't really change anything right? As for nutrients, i have the following brands available to me Bio nova, canna, general hydroponics, hesi, plagron. Any recommendations on which one i should get for the flowering period would be much appreciated.

everyones got directions on proper use.. general hydroponics has te most popular id say..i dont flower in hydro methods maybe try a small dwc somtime but never have..ive lst a plant in flower, takes it just as well if not better just small movements at a time..nice little grow! get as much as you can outta small grows thats what makes lst's lst's u kno.
gro-fo-life!!

So I have decided to put them into the flowering cycle starting tomorrow. 12/12. The reason behind this is that i'm slightly limited for space thinking of tying up the lights in order for more vertical space.

Thing is tomorrow i have a tight day and probably can only get a longer slimmer pot that will hold the two on wednesday. Repotting shouldn't really change anything right? As for nutrients, i have the following brands available to me Bio nova, canna, general hydroponics, hesi, plagron. Any recommendations on which one i should get for the flowering period would be much appreciated.

I'm currently using canna terra products with great results, I would highly recommend them

Aight thanks buddy, added that to the shopping list tomorrow. aswell as a slim pot seeing as in the last 12 hours or so theyve had a slight growth spurt already

They will keep stretching for about a week, have you got the space for them? Might be worth doing a bit of low stress training during the stretch.

Ive got space im going to move the lights back and tie em up from hanging to horizontal and with the new long pot and some more LST it should be pretty good thinking of crossing them like and X once they get a lot longer(taller) and trim off some leaves once theres good bud development, just an idea.

Ive got space im going to move the lights back and tie em up from hanging to horizontal and with the new long pot and some more LST it should be pretty good thinking of crossing them like and X once they get a lot longer(taller) and trim off some leaves once theres good bud development, just an idea.

Sounds good, just bear in mind that plants will at least double when you flip the lights to 12/12. There are lots of different opinions on defoliation of plants, might be worth a tour around the internet before you make your decision :)

Thanks man, took some time to get it right but it is looking pretty good now more space to work with the plants and the pot seems okay after a trim and i tied the front light a bit to the front so that it hit the back of the chronic on the right aswell. their asleep now will post some pics again in the next day or two.

As for fertilizer im getting as recommended canna terra flour but i think ill get that next week after they have been in a 12/12 for more than a week.

LST im doing this with these wires i found that have like this fluffy stuff on them and it allows for really simple LST as i just need to put a hook kind of shape on the end and tie it to the pot on the otherside. no damage done to the plant and allows for slip when it grows and easy adjustments. These wires seem to be like the ones some kids used to make strange shapes and things with in elementary school. Just thought i might share this with some of you guys another method of LST dont know if anyones doing this but yeah :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom