MaxYield's Second Soil Journal - Strawberry Diesel - CFL Veg & LED Flower

I'm a few harvests away from being able to let it all cure, so you're a better man than I. Dale has some serious needs. Just a while longer. I am hanging on to the top colas from both, no matter what, until he comes home. It's going to level you by then.

I'm at two months and the THC Bomb Auto suddenly went to a distinct pineapple terpene. It's been interesting experiencing the change as the cure progresses. Maybe sample out of a small buds jar (you have JARS of it Max!!!) every now and then.

So proud of you Max. Mostly of the joy you find in doing it so well. It's quite infectious, and should serve you well professionally. :love:

I understand completely. If I or a loved one was in need of medicine I wouldn't think twice about giving it too them. The love you put into your medicine is enough to make it effective I reckon. I believe that has a serious effect. And yeah... those tops are gonna put you on the ground hahah :cheesygrinsmiley: :rofl: I love it Sue.

I might have to sample. I just feel like once I indulge myself I wont be able to hold back.... hahah we will see how long I can make my last two grams of PHO last.

Thank you so much again for all of your kind words :cheesygrinsmiley: Half of the fun for me is getting my methods down pat so I can obtain outstanding results. There is such a uniform method behind Cannabis Cultivation, it speaks to me. The fact that this is a hobby that I can not only spend years mastering, but also spend years harvesting great medicine for me and my loved ones makes me extremely happy. This isn't something I plan on stopping, the medicinal benefits of just the actual act of growing are so bountiful to me... I love it. :cheesygrinsmiley:

nice job buddy, some fine A grade meds to help the time pass easier until the finest meds are in your hands.

Indeed, I love being stocked up on grade A meds :cheesygrinsmiley: Thanks a lot for your compliments and kind words my friend, not much longer until you get your grade A meds, can't wait to see that harvest, going to be awesome :cheesygrinsmiley:

Many congrats on a fine haul my friend! Its so awesome that you and and Subnoise etc, get to meet up, really cool :)

Thank you very much LA, I am very excited about my loot! :cheesygrinsmiley: And yes, becoming friends with fellow Colorado Growers from this forum has been such a blessing. Can't wait to run my trim with them tomorrow and hang out and shoot the shit.

Thanks for stopping by buddy, I appreciate ya! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Looks great man

No riddles. Just new led gear drops around December I have a ton of info from every Damn manufacturer being thrown my way for this build. I was considering led and was told to hang on. It's like smartphones they keep getting a Lil more improved each build.

For veg I'm testing hortilux power veg t5 bulbs for t5's there the only made in the USA bulb. And it's the only bulb that's t5 and has UV a and Uv b spectrums

They are way brighter then my usual t5 bulbs but about twice the cost. It would cost me over 2gs to go all power veg bulbs. Having 100 t5 bulbs makes full replacement kinda pricy

Looks great man

No riddles. Just new led gear drops around December I have a ton of info from every Damn manufacturer being thrown my way for this build. I was considering led and was told to hang on. It's like smartphones they keep getting a Lil more improved each build.

For veg I'm testing hortilux power veg t5 bulbs for t5's there the only made in the USA bulb. And it's the only bulb that's t5 and has UV a and Uv b spectrums

Thank you very much Dutty! :cheesygrinsmiley:

And yeah I understand, I feel much more comfortable taking advice from someone whom I know is getting info from manufacturers themselves. I think my Strawberry Diesel might end up getting adequate light after all... more on that once we get there, but if I can make it through the summer without buying LED's I'll be able to make it to December.

I wont have my tent up and running again (after the SD is harvested) until I move into my new place in the fall... and by then it will be cold enough to buy an HID system. Which is something I want to experiment with and they are cheap.

Those bulbs sound awesome but yeah that sounds super pricey...

Leds prices are dropping. Hid is hot led is not. Heat isn't an issue here so I love hid. That being said once I need 200 plus 600 watt hps led is looking extremely interesting since our electrical bill is estimated to be 2500 per month.

I'm with Dutty, things are a changing. :)
I got a load of secret insider info last night. LED tech is actually about to make a huge jump forward! I can't go into details as all the info I get is still all under non disclosure. Yet believe me; what we think of cutting edge right now is soon to become a distant thought. (Mind you this new tech is just that, new! So some time before hitting the market.) I can say I've seen all the readings etc and christ!!!!! :) :) things won't be the same once this becomes available! :)

Well damn you guys. I'm feeling pretty swayed to wait at this point. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Like I said, the only reason I wanted an LED so soon was to get more light over my SD when I put her in Bloom.... But I might be able to borrow some light.. I have a few options, we will see.

Then come fall I will be happy to buy a $160 600W HPS to pair with my Mars 700 :cheesygrinsmiley:

look at you guys, growing legal, getting inside info on the industry, planning for the future :)

meanwhile, prohibition still in place here, its illegal even medically, growing in stealth of the goverments.

2 sides of the same coin ;)

i hope we see at least a medical legalization so we can setup some big operations and start cooking :smokin:

I had a good time Max. Can't wait to get together again soon. :Namaste:

I appreciate it my friend, thank you again for inviting me into your home! I had so much fun looking at your set up man, all of your plants are absolutely beautiful in person, much better than the pics on the forum... I swear I had dreams last night about your Sour Monster DWC... I think I can still smell it...

Again man, thanks for everything, I had a wonderful time. I got an update on that hash we made coming here in a few minutes :cheesygrinsmiley:

look at you guys, growing legal, getting inside info on the industry, planning for the future :)

meanwhile, prohibition still in place here, its illegal even medically, growing in stealth of the goverments.

2 sides of the same coin ;)

i hope we see at least a medical legalization so we can setup some big operations and start cooking :smokin:

For your, and everyones, sake I hope that happens very soon. Colorado is a perfect example of the good legalization can have on a city... The internal economy has improved immensely, crime is down, teen smoking is down, and even though we didn't hit the predicted MMJ tax revenue (over 100 million) but got very close (76 million) which is still way more money for city improvements than we would have had without it.

It has seriously done only good things for us, and I hope everyone is starting to realize that.

Thank you very much for stopping by Brother, sending good vibes your way. :cheesygrinsmiley: :Namaste:

- POST HARVEST UPDATE -

Hey 420magazine!

So a lot of fun took up my time yesterday, a break from studying is exactly what I needed. Subnoise, one of the coolest people I have ever met (and I met him on this Forum) invited me over to hang out yesterday and make some Bubble Hash with my Purple Elephant trim. I gladly accepted, gathered my things and made the trek down to his place!!!

Let me tell you guys... If you follow his Journal you have an idea of how amazing his plants look, he is an awesome grower and he makes some dank medicine... But his pictures are NOTHING compared to the real thing. Holy Hell, go take a look at his Sour Monster DWC and then remember that it is like 4 feet tall 5 feet wide and has colas the size of oranges. Absolutely gorgeous. Props Sub, if my reaction didn't give it away yesterday, I was freakin' out.

So I realize I told you all I would document the Bubble Hash process, but after a smoke session we ended up jumpin' right in. As we were washing the last Bubble Bag Sub looked up and asked me if I had taken even one picture :rofl: :rofl: Haha oops. Oh well

Regardless, it was a very simple process, just go check out his Journal if you need a guide. Last night we went for quality over quantity and ran it for 2 minutes at first and 3 minutes the second time. Here is the finished product after sitting in the freezer for about 15 minutes.

120 Micron - first run on the Left / second run on the right
IMG_41298.jpg

73 Micron - first run on the Left / second run on the right
IMG_41314.jpg

25 Micron - first run on the Left / second run on the right
IMG_41305.jpg

When I got home my friends and I rolled the first run 25 micron out into a patty and smoked it over a bowl. Holy Hell. I was ripped.

After bringing it back to my place and letting it sit in the dry box on parchment paper for a night, I decided to press out the rest into a slab like they do at the Dispensaries here :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley: I got some parchment paper and a big Prismacolor Marker (because they look like rolling pins) and rolled out the Bubble Hash in between the Parchment Paper. Here is how it turned out.

FIRST RUN
120 - Half Melt Bubble Hash (Purple Monster)
IMG_41366.jpg

73 - Full Melt Bubble Hash (Purple Monster)
IMG_41384.jpg

SECOND RUN
120 - Bubble Hash
IMG_41425.jpg

73 - Bubble Hash (this one stuck to the parchment paper even after I froze it... weird.
IMG_41407.jpg

25 - Bubble Hash
IMG_41414.jpg

And here it all is drying out a little more, while the Purple Elephant buds get their morning burping :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:
IMG_41353.jpg

That's all for now, this Full-Melt is absolutely amazing. It smells like bubblegum, and is totally dabbable. I could not be happier with how it turned out. Thanks again Sub, you're an awesome guy and I can't thank you enough for helping me make this. Can't wait to get together again!

:Namaste::Namaste::circle-of-love::thumb::thanks:

thats some yummy sugar :smokin:

how do you feel about the 90μ addition to the old schoolers 4bag kit?

after i tried the 90 i never went back to 73, all im saying ;)

i cant explain it but its like a different high, who knows how concentrated amount of terpenes react at each level

thats some yummy sugar :smokin:

how do you feel about the 90μ addition to the old schoolers 4bag kit?

after i tried the 90 i never went back to 73, all im saying ;)

i cant explain it but its like a different high, who knows how concentrated amount of terpenes react at each level

Depends on how you want to smoke your Bubble,

Full-Melt Bubble Hash is what is most sought after cause it can be dabbed with little residue left over on the nail. Anything caught between 70 - 90 microns is considered Full-Melt... So personally I think adding the 90 micron bag would be awesome, one more patty of Full-Melt would make me incredibly happy :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm not sure how it would effect the bags underneath it, or how much more potent it would be so I'm not sure what the difference would be if you weren't going to dab the end result.

Hope that helps man :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom