Maybe this is that one dumb question

yourkiddin

420 Member
I just turned 50 and I've only been introduced to Marijuana in the last year or so. And here I am about to try my first grow. So all the Marijuana I smoked with friends had been purchased, had the tight compact bud look. But I met a gentleman that grows. Well all his cured buds are fluffy. I personally don't like that. Granted it smokes just the same. But what is the process that makes the bud tight and looks like what you may purchase on the down low?

Oh I don't expect miracles. I've never grown anything in my like. But I am a very technical individual. And my job/background is in research and development. I am not afraid of failure, have failed before and will fail again. But I learn from mistakes and strive to be successful. And I like to try things the inexpensive way.

Plus the gentleman that does grow. He is on his 3rd grow. So we both are learning from his success and failures. We going straight for the purchased fem seeds.. Fox farms dirt and nuits.proper temp,humidity and watering.

Within all my research, everyone seems to have their own opinions on it all. But doing it myself will teach me the most. And then creating a repeated process once successful. The one thing I feel is so beneficial is documentation. I can't seem to get him to do this.

I also make fishing lures. Soft plastics,weights and jigs. When dealing with plastics and coloring. Your customers expect the same thing each time.

But I am a very technical individual. And my job/background is in research and development.

Me too. You'll find it doesn't help you when you really think it should. Trust me.

I am not afraid of failure, have failed before and will fail again.

This WILL help you. Don't forget to try to learn from those failures... but that might lead back to my first point.

I like the wash, rinse, repeat ideas.

Find some folks in the growing journals growing in a similar configuration as your own... follow their grows and watch what they do. Start your own grow journal and get input from others. Sharing is the magic all around that occurs in these halls.

Back
Top Bottom