Mayne, You Sure 4 Inches Is All She Needs?

Mayne

How about 8?

lol,

OK, funny title, i know, borderline ethical, probably.

If you follow Neil at Grow Pot Cheaply, you know what this is all about.

Going to start this Journal for testing run purposes to learn lightsetup, and maybe perpetual.

Beans-- No idea. Bag seed that enjoyed and forced to seedout in a microgrow. Had big fat buds under CFLs, and good smoke. So, Im running with these.

Medium-- KindSoil and OceanForest, In a 108Oz container, or 3 liters. Poland Springs Water Jug to be precise.
Its a water only, which use Poland Springs, said to be PHd to 6.5 already, my PH pen sucks. So running with what read. Seems to be perfect.

Lights- MarsHydro300w X 2 with Lenses. In a 27x27x63 MarsTent
sqiggy7.png

OK, so April 1st. Seed popped off the top, and I put into the Rockwool. The Cube had the plug hole, so I packed in some OceanForest and covered the sprout. April fools joke, watch it be a male, which, Im fine with actually, because I will polly my FireOG currently in flower. probably not enough time tho, we'll see..

sqiggy1.png

Then, I packed the container to the label, or 2 inch, then Ocean forest, then the cude, then packed OceanForest around the cube.

sqiggy2.png

sqiggy3.png

sqiggy4.png

Now, its had really No nutes, except whats in the 2 tbls of OceanForest in the plug hole, and Recharge with water. Nothing else. Ive only watered very little DOWN THE CENTER of the stock. I wanted to get that tap root to the KindSoil as soon as possible. It took some time to, seeing its been 17 days since sprout till now. And its really starting to grow rapidly now, well, today, lol..

2.3 inches tall, span of 4.7 inches.

sqiggy6.png

I have it 40inches from the LEDs during the day, and then under CFL for 4 hours, so total 16 hours. Then put into tent at night.

These Mars300w have a PAR of 1570 at 18inches, but like a 10in SQ footprint at 18inches. So I have them pretty high, and will let this plant grow into the light from 40inches. This is a test for stretch, and all that stuff.

Cant imagine it getting to big being in a 108 oz container, but we will see.

The container is clear, I know that and all the " Root hate light" thing, and Im going to cover it up with a fabric sleeve for darkness. I want to see the roots develop over the course of this run. Then i can monitor the KindSoil usage, and when its tapped out. Just thought it would be a cool thing to see over time.

So, what it boils down to, is a whole bunch of experimental things.

Looking for size, stretch, area it takes up.

OK, lets see what happens,..

Hey Folks, just a small update, things are slow at this stage a bit.

Height is at 2.25 inches, taken from last fully open node. ( changed from overall height to last developed node) 4th node just starting to open. Going to start flower at 28 days from seed popping, which will be April 28th.

Roots have reached the KindSoil, and stopped 1/4 inch into it. The premis is that the roots will eat when they want it, and seeing the roots stop at the KindSoil, is cool. So, when I see the roots take over the entire bottom, i would have to think its out of nutes. Another reason i wanted to use clear container. Keep notes and be able to duplicate if all is good. There is alot of roots to now visible.
Covering the container tomorrow so no light creates any algae or mold in the container.

19 days from seed opened, see the roots stop just into the Kindsoil?
sqiggy9-4-18.png

There seems to be a little water droplet burn on the leaf. Full wingspan is 6.25 inches
squiggy3.png
squiggy4.png

Rockwool cube still moist, so only watered 2 times so far since putting into container. And just the cube gets water. just around 1/2 cup of water is what Ive been giving her.

Ok, give another update in a couple days, or if it jack and the bean stocks on me, lol..

What up people, update for ya today,
36 days from seed popped,
No flower yet. I just started a DWC, so it wont flower till I flower the DWC, which might only be 2 weeks anyways. In a 2x2 i dont have much room.

8.5 inches height, *8th node just starting to open up fully,.

She started off slow because I didnt prenute the rockwool cube, so it had nothing to eat for a while there. Really starting to go now tho.

32 inches from light, @ 31,000 LUX ( cant spare no more room, maybe 3-4 inches )
wanted to add 2 x 50w 6000k floodlights lower on the frame, but havnt been able to yet. This is going to be a great gauge on the production from this light. Not going to cut, lst, trim, nothing to this.

squiggy5-6-1.png
squiggy5-6-2.png
B33.png

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom