Mazar Afghan 10 and a 1/2 weeks flowering. Pics

I've been trying to remain patient with this healthy Mazar Afghan plant. Second week of flushing with molasses and distilled water. Trichs are about 90 percent milky and 10 percent amber. The plant is still producing new bud, as in new calyxes with white hairs. While Dutch Passion says this is a 7-9 week flowering strain, I believe my low wattage @ 0ne -100w hps and for the last month an additional 2-23w cfls have slowed the process. Also contributing to the lengthy flowering time may be due to low grow temps (with lights on- low seventies and in the dark- low sixties). Thanks to our financial need to lower our household winter heating costs!
The five remaining tops (did a 'too early' harvest of the sixth top-the smallest) are about 16 inches tall and bud laden from the main stem all the way up to the nice fat tops. Each stem has filled out in the last few weeks and as mentioned above is still growing! I wish that it would stop already and 'amber-up' finally, LOL. Enjoy my latest pics.

DSCF00225.JPG

DSCF00204.JPG

DSCF00265.JPG

DSCF00135.JPG

DSCF000811.JPG

DSCF00144.JPG

how tall was this plant when you flowered?
Hey HealingKronic thanks for dropping by. I vegged them 4 weeks and the plants height was at 10 inches. The plant is bowl shaped from topping it. Ended up with 6 equal size tops. Nice bud formation right from the main stem that curves out and up to the tops.

Good lookin plant Woodsman, I would think a 100wHPS and some CFLs would be plenty for that little guy but combined with some cold temps you're probably right on the money with your guess. Hope they amber up soon, nice grow and have a good New Year

Thanks Zodiakgrower, Its now 11 weeks and it seems like every day now there are a few more amber trichs. I'll be topping the plant first as the lower plant is a little behind.

Happy New Year everyone! May the new year bring happiness to all of us. May all our grows be successful and fruitful. May all weed be only great weed. And finally, would the Wisconsin Legislature pass the Medical Marijuana bill this year!

Below are some new photos from today of my mazar/afghan grow. It is exactly 11 weeks today! Not quite amber enough for me. some areas are 30 percent amber and some are still only about 10 percent and that is only the tops. The lower part of the plant reminds me of the Coastal Redwood and Cedar forest fern undergrowth Those of you who've seen this will know what I mean. Wall to wall. I'll add some photos of the undergrowth following some top bud pics:

DSCF00326.JPG

DSCF00337.JPG

DSCF00303.JPG

DSCF0008_-_Copy.JPG

DSCF00206.JPG

DSCF00124.JPG

DSCF00366.JPG

DSCF00356.JPG

Here are some photos of the undergrowth:

DSCF00187.JPG

DSCF000614.JPG

DSCF00393.JPG

DSCF00382.JPG

DSCF00347.JPG

DSCF00275.JPG

DSCF00194.JPG

I've removed most of the yellow fan leaves from above so more light will get to the undergrowth. I removed the leaves today, since they were pretty much devoid of any green. I will be harvesting the tops in the next few days (I hope).

Happy New Years everyone. Well I took this cola off of the shorter of the five remaining tops. It has about 25-30 percent amber trichs. I'll harvest a little at a time so I'll get a little different high off of each one, letting them get progressively more amber as time goes by .
I hung this bud inside a small cardboard box and I'll wait till it drys before i taste it. I will be curing my stuff using the 'jar and sweat' method after the initial hang dry.

DSCF000224.JPG

My strain is part Mazar and part skunk for when I type the name it get's "altered" because it refers to a much different drug. Think Barney's Farm - Timothy Leary. Don't worry about the white hairs and the continued growth in some area. This plant just does that. It's all about the trichs with this strain and you are there!

The Weed, thanks for the good word and stopping in and thanks for the encouragement! 420magazine.com is a great place to be!

And if it smokes like mine you won't know which way is up or down! Smoke too much, crawl to bed!
MostlyCrazy, I sure as heck won't mind if it makes me feel like that, lol. Can't wait!

Velodrone, Thank for the look in and the compliments.

I literally cannot believe how good of a job you have done with that setup... wow, no offense man, but i dont think i could of grown shit with your setup. great job man

Thanks C5Rftw. It's a low power job that's for sure. Pretty low budget homemade getup. Started with some left over PVC pieces and some black lawn bags making a 1.5' x 3' x 5' high enclosure. Bought a couple of solid unit ballasts and wired them up (100w MH and 100w HPS) from eBay. A $9 Wally's Store clamp on light fixture, a Mylar emergency blanket (3 bucks) and later after I put the girl in flower went to Wally's again for a 'y' shaped double outlet for a couple of Wally's 23w cfls. For nutes I used fish emulsion for veg and splurged for some Fox Farm for the last stage along with some good old molasses. I originally had 3 plants but had only one female. Next grow I'll add some more cfls to the equation and try for three plants, 2 NL and I'll regenerate the Mazar. I'll try to keep them short and do a sea of green. Probably suspend the fan from above since there may not be enough room, lol. Thanks for stopping and have a Happy New Year!

Back
Top Bottom