McBudz Journel - First grow

Coming out of the closet errr atleast the flowering females are. Just not enough room for my vegging plants in their little basement compartment at the bottom of the closet so I bought a Dark Room. I will setup the HPS lights in the darkroom 2 x 400W. The DR is 4'11" x 2'8" x 6'7". Its one of the newer "Wide" models. I will use my existing closet setup for cloning in the bottom and vegging up top. I will keep the floros in the bottom as is and look to buy some larger brighter fixtures for the top. I thought about getting a 4 foot setup but beleive I may be better off with 2 x 2ft (4-8 tube type fixture) lights to better adjust height for different plants.

It should be here later this week, will post some pics when set up.

Put the new dark room together and shuffled the ladies around.

Top part of my closet is now the veg room. And the dark room (DR150W) by Secret Jardin is the flower room. I added the second 400w HPS so now I have excellent light coverage for the 5ft wide space.

Flowering bag seed ladies in new room:

IMG_1242.JPG

IMG_1243.JPG

Vegging HK and MW ladies:

IMG_1244.JPG

IMG_1245.JPG

IMG_12461.JPG

Day 42-43 of flowering. Ahd to axe one early is it was just not doing very well. I harvested and am drying the buds but don't think they will be very good. Trying to recover from ph issues across the board :(. These 2 have decent size buds for bag schwag. Leaves are yellowing and falling off at a steady rate. trichs are milkyish haven't seen any ambers yet.

HK's got burnt from ph I beleive. They've been flushed and add lime around the soil and tried to rinse down into it to neutralize the ph. I think the peet is breaking down and going acidic. They still look weird since they started to flower and then went back to vegging. Where the coles would be are all sterthced out and have singular leaves growing instead of your typical mj leaf. Put 3 of them back into flower to make room in veg for my next grow attempt. Hopefully I get something from them other than lessons learned. Camera battery died. I'll get pics of them up later.

IMG_1298.JPG

IMG_1299.JPG

IMG_1300.JPG

I'm sorry to hear you had to axe one early. I know that probably wasn't an easy decision for you; however your other plants appear to be doing well. The one is amazing!

Thanks Ms.Fox, BubbaKush, StonerGrower and Harry Red.

Harry Red,

The 4 HK plants and 2 MW are in rough shape. The HK's got pretty dark and twisted up due to soil runoff being in the mid to low 5's or pH. The maui's looked to have serious phosphorous def. which I think is a result of lockout due to bad pH rather there actually being a def. in the soil. I'm trying to repair that situation with dolomite pulverized lime. I initially flush the hell out of everything with straight tap water which actually is about 7.4-8 depending on the day but runoff is still mid to high 5's. I picked up lime and tried adding it to the soil best I could in the top inch or 2 of soil and around the sides between the pot and soil. Then misted the top of the soil and watched the lime sort of dissolve to a milky texture and run down into the soil. I didn't want to run water through it again too much until they dried out from the flush. I'm just sitting tight crossing my fingers waiting for the soil to dry out so I can try to rinse that lime down into the soil and add some pH up if need be.

The Maui's seem to be doing better in terms of the new growth. The growth is coming out looking healthy and straight. Some branches are better than others and that may be due to parts of the soil being more acidic than others.

I just picked up a few bags of ocean forest and ordered a 6 5 gallon buckets. I'd like to transplant these guys to the FF soil not sure if it is worth it at this point. The plants may recover but my yeilds may be considerably stunted.I feel like my mostly peet soil they are in now is my downfall. Never added lime to the mix. Live and learn.

As far as putting them from veg to flower for 2-3 weeks and back to veg has done some weird things.

Imagine what a cola looks like except take away the dense buds. That is what these ladies look like. Wierd singular leafs popping out of a stem.

Ok I just went and took a bunch of pics its easier then trying to describe...

OK this is the one HK I left in the veg room the other 3 were put back into flower. Each of the hk's were top'd which created 2 new tops that probably would have made nice double cola's if I only had the room at the time to actually flower them. I had to 12/12 everything because my 3 bag ladies were going into flower and the veg lights were leaking into the flower room before I got the darkroom. The leaves look like they belong in an organic salad of some type. I hope they will bud correctly now. This particular one actually has seeds growing in it wtf? Guess it may have been a herm or at the very least had a couple male pollen sacs here and there I couldn't see because of the plant density. Or maybe I cross contaminated when I tried to flower my hermie in a different room. It got chopped down and thrown out a while back. I'll try to save the seeds and see what I can get from them. Does anyone know how to properly harvest seeds?

IMG_1309.JPG

Super dense growth

IMG_13101.JPG

IMG_1312.JPG

Maui's. New growth is looking a lot better. You can see the badly curled and thin leaves elsewhere.

IMG_1313.JPG

IMG_13151.JPG

Thinned out pretty bad at the bottom due to leaves shriveling up and falling off.

IMG_1329.JPG

HK's put back into flower 5 days ago. They starting stretching out the last couple of days. Hopefully new buds will grow. They were quick to start growing the last time they went 12/12. I know the leaves look pretty mangled. Does anyone think I should junk them or see what the next 8 weeks will bring me? I've gone this far might as well try right?

IMG_13181.JPG

IMG_13191.JPG

New growth is looking better than it did over the last couple of weeks. Its actually much lighter green too which is not easy to see in the pics due to hps lights.

IMG_1320.JPG

Heres the bunch of em'

IMG_1324.JPG

Recently upgraded my fan to a vortex 6inch at 449 cfm i think. It works very well. I use my 4inch 117 cfm to push are into the bottom through that ceiling opening down the 6 inch duct. I also use a honeywell turbo fan to push cool air into the bottom duct. these 2 fans actually push more into the dark room than the 449 CFM vortex and suck out through the lights. If I zip it up tight it blows up like a balloon. I leave the top unzipped a bit to help the hot air up top get pushed out by the coller dense air coming into through the bottom. Stays about 80 in there now as long as my AC is on. The reflectors are actually cool to the touch! The winter will be better since I can crack the window and use natures cold air to help regulate temps. Cheaper than AC.

It does sound like a datacenter in the room though :)

Upgraded fan:

IMG_1321.JPG

turbo fan for intake. works great actually for 20 bucks.

IMG_1322.JPG

4 inch 117cfm fan just sits up on the ceiling over a 6 inch duct opening pushing air in.

IMG_1323.JPG

The intakes

IMG_1325.JPG

darkroom with the top left cracked opened. You can feel air getting push out. Crazy that a 117cfm fantech fan and unrated turbo fan from target are pushing more are in than a 449 cfm 6 inch vortex is sucking out

IMG_1326.JPG

My babies have more food than I have for myself in my kitchen:

IMG_1327.JPG

IMG_1328.JPG

This should get moved to the "Grow journels - what not to do to your plants" sub forum when I am done :) My next one will be much better. Good seeds. Some experience under my belt and the proper equipment. Actually just sprouted a Northern Light - BigBud seed just for grins. It will be all FF. Soon to come my white widows...

:rollit:

Smoke report on the lady I had to axe early due to issues.

Harvested her last sunday so about 11 or 12 days ago. Hung dry for 5 days in my utility closet 70F / 40%. Put in a glass jar and let breathe once or twice a day. It smelled very green light lawn clippings for a while. Still has a bit of that smell but a deeper sweeter skunky smell is starting to show up and less greeny smell. Buds are fluffy and still a tad on the moist side. Stems still bend rather than snap. They Trichs were basically milky/cloudy when harvested at 36 days but all the hairs were red and the leaves were looking sick. This is why I cut it early.

I wasn't expecting much since it went so early but to my amazement I was high in the sky last night from 1 bowl shared with my gfriend. very heady high which was actually nice. Had a super stressful day yesterday and hadn't smoked in weeks. Spent the night watching "what happens in vegas" and was laughing my ass off. very giddy high.

You could tell the buds were still moist because it was hard to keep lit at first but after a couple of pulls the heat from the lighter dried it nice. taste was rather smooth and sweet. I was expecting it to be harsh since I did not get to flush it and was running tiger bloom for flowering.

The harvest from the 1 plant weighed in at 25 grams so just under an oz. I expect that when its done curing it will be a couple grams lighter at most.

Buds don't look like much but smoke was impressive considering the circumstances. I think my spirit has been renewed. can't wait to see what my 2 flowering ladies produce for me at full maturity.

Now the bad news...

Cut down and threw out my 4 HK's and 2 MW's :'-( They weren't looking to hot. Instead if wasting my efforts and resources on them I just cleaned house and germ'd 4 Northern Light / BB and 5 WW's in rock wool. New journel to follow on those. 3 WW and 1 NLBB have sprouted and been transplanted to pot / soil. Other babies are just starting to show their heads.

And by the way, I will have to agree with all those who say there is just something especially nice about smoking weed that you raised from a little seed. AHhh the fruits of my labor.

:peace:

last lady has been chopped and hung to dry.

IMG_1391.JPG

IMG_1393.JPG

IMG_1394.JPG

harvested some trichs from the second plant. Dried a little too quick and is too dry too smoke so I'm just going to cook with it, make hash, and some trich capsules and see where that takes me.

IMG_1396.JPG

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom