McCrackin's - O/Berry - Afgoo/Kush - Soil - Heavy Defoliation - 400HPS - Stealth

McCrackin

McCrackin’s, O-BERRY-AFGOO-KUSH , SOIL, Heavy Defoliation (at start) , 400HPS, Stealth Cab, 2011
What strain is it? Private Breed, O-BERRY-AFGOO-KUSH, (Mother Clone ^5th (generation))
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? INDICA HYBRID with Sativa from the past.
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? START OF FLOWER
If in Veg... For how long? THESE WERE CLONES IN VEG FOR APPROX 2 MONTHS THEN I BUTCHERED THEM FOR THIS GROW.
If in Flower stage... For how long? Journal started day 1 of flowering
Indoor or outdoor? Probably a mix
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? FFOF and perlite with a bit of Costco Miracle grow soil.
If soil... What size pot? ¼ gal and one in the basket
Size of light? 400 W HPS Hydrofarm, AIO
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 60-70
RH of Room/cab? Less than 50%
PH of media or res? 6.9
Any Pests ? none
How often are you watering? When necessary
Type and strength of ferts used? MIX mainly bloom nutes.
McCrackin here with a project I wanted to share. Because we talk a lot about trimming the plants, I wanted to try a little science project so that we can see the results of something extreme.
[History]
OK, so the strain… O-BERRY-AFGOO-Kush, “Hereinafter BOB (Berry oh Berry) or Pink Panther” is a private strain. What happened was in 1996 the custodian of a very nice crop went on vacation for 2 weeks and when he got back the entire room had been seeded by a confirmed African Sativa X Goo-Berry MALE. The room had been growing female Berry flavored strains all kush denominates in an attempt to get other fruity smell and flavors to come out and play.
The resulting seed-fest was then played / experimented with for approximately 4 years with a group of 5 experienced growers.
In 2002 Grower A called Grower B and told him he had been working with some seeds from the 1996 debacle, and had found something interesting in 5 seeds labeled 1-5 of the 2002-SEED-1996-BK-4, cloned sexing female) that came from the 1996-BK-4 seed stock.( I believe that is YEAR, Berry-Kush, Plant #), all of these females had pushed pink pistils and smelled like fruit-punch. 3 Clones were taken and sent for all 5 of these plants. 3X5=15 total.
I was given clones of all 5. (I use the ^ to show cloning and the # for generation)
Clone ^1(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #1)
Clone ^1(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #2)
Clone ^1(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #3)
Clone ^1(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #4)
Clone ^1(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #5)
Everyone promised that this strain was private… (We had a friend that did clones in LA in 2001-2005, so he promised that he would not propagate this strain into the clubs and not distribute any clones or allow the seeds from these to get out. He got 5 also and a friend in Northern Cali got 5.
The originals seeds stock and the whole original op where the seed came from was shut down in 2003 by some law enforcement action resulting in confiscation and no charges, leaving the 15 clones provided to 3 peeps the only remaining “pink Pistol berry private reserve.”
The guy in LA had flowered all of them thinking he could call Grower A and get more anytime.
My friend in Northern Cali turned one into a mother and flowered all other 4. I checked with him and he is sure the one he mothered was [Clone ^1(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #4)].
I mothered [Clone ^1(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #5)] and flowered the rest.
This is where it gets interesting…
Before I got married, my buddy from Northern Cali and I lived together for approx 2 years from 2003-2005. When we lived together, we shared the space in the basement of this house for our “hobby”. So we didn’t need 2 mothers of basically the same origin so we flowered mine but not before I took a clone to keep in veg. This plant was called [Clone^2(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #5), noting second generational cloning= Clone^2).
Anyways we smoked the shit out of [Clone^2(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #4] plants, and eventually got to liking [Clone^4(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #4] more than all others.
From 2004-2007… the pink bud was a hit, it was tested 2 times and determined to be 14-18% THC depending on the efficiency of the grow. At the same time I had perpetuated a continual clone of my pink pistol #5. So I had a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of the original clone.
When I moved out of the house I took my laptop and 3 plants leaving everything else. My bedroom is still setup the way I left it except for some other roommate lives in there now but the furniture is the same…Anyways I took.
1. [Clone^2(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #4]
2. [Clone^4(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #4]
3. [Clone ^6(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #5]
Fast forward to 2011, my buddy no longer grows and he flowered everything he had in one final bang in 2008. He still has bud from back in the day in his freezer for when I visit. Thus, I am the final holder of the “pink panther” as he calls it.
Pink Panther= [Clone^5(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #4] is an extremely short indicia dominant hybrid that features pink pistols and a berry flavor. This plant gets so bushy it is scary. It might be the bushiest plant I have ever seen. Thus it is perfect for the heavy defoliation experiment. It smokes smooth and it is a heavy hitter. The body thing is a buzz and you get face-lifted every time.
So I ended up running some clones and keeping mothers and other stuff in my days…
I still have in my possession,
1. ONE [Clone ^11(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #5)]
clone_11_example.jpg

2. FOUR [Clone^5(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #4)]
BOB_Photo.jpg

3. ONE Multi-harvested- 2010 Seed Big Buddah Cheese 2009-BBC-2
Multi_Harvested.jpg

This grow features 4 “pink panther” clones all [Clone^5(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #4]. I am going to call them:
BOB 1 [Clone^5(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #4]
BOB 2 [Clone^5(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #4]
BOB 3 [Clone^5(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #4]
BOB 4 [Clone^5(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #4]
BOB_Photo.jpg

In the back there you can see I am working the final phase of a (Multi-harvested- 2010 Seed Big Buddah Cheese 2009-BBC-2). Another experiment… I am hoping I can keep her going long enough for her to push some balls so that I can get pollen from her late in the game. I am working a superthrive hormone thing right now. This BBC tested as 21% THC. So I would like to have her propagate for me.
Multi_Harvested.jpg

THE EXPERIMENT:
So these girls looked identical to this [Clone ^11(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #5)] ,before I butchered them as hard as I can before putting them directly into bud.
I am going to go12/12 for 60-70 days to see what the product looks like when you have well established roots but you cut out the fan leaves at mass for one of the bushiest plants I know. I will also be able to see if the harvest is seriously affected by the extreme defoliation at the start. I plan to use a little bit higher N ratios at the start to make sure the plants don’t get a def from having to push leaves…
I also plan to have a heavy trim done at day 20 and 40 and then on day 60 harvest at day 70.
OUT_SHOT.jpg

Hope everyone will come along for the ride. I am excited to do a journal and I think something a little more experimental will spark off the conversation.

Re: McCrackin's, O-BERRY-AFGOO-KUSH , SOIL, Heavy Defoliation (at start),400HPS,STEAL

McCrackin's, O-BERRY-AFGOO-KUSH , SOIL, Heavy Defoliation (at start) , 400HPS, Stealth Cab, 2011
What strain is it? Private Breed, O-BERRY-AFGOO-KUSH, (Mother Clone ^5th (generation))
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? INDICA HYBRID with Sativa from the past.
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? START OF FLOWER
If in Veg... For how long? THESE WERE CLONES IN VEG FOR APPROX 2 MONTHS THEN I BUTCHERED THEM FOR THIS GROW.
If in Flower stage... For how long? Journal started day 1 of flowering
Indoor or outdoor? Probably a mix
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? FFOF and perlite with a bit of Costco Miracle grow soil.
If soil... What size pot? ¼ gal and one in the basket
Size of light? 400 W HPS Hydrofarm, AIO
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 60-70
RH of Room/cab? Less than 50%
PH of media or res? 6.9
Any Pests ? none
How often are you watering? When necessary
Type and strength of ferts used? MIX mainly bloom nutes.
McCrackin here with a project I wanted to share. Because we talk a lot about trimming the plants, I wanted to try a little science project so that we can see the results of something extreme.
[History]
OK, so the strain... O-BERRY-AFGOO-Kush, "Hereinafter BOB (Berry oh Berry) or Pink Panther" is a private strain. What happened was in 1996 the custodian of a very nice crop went on vacation for 2 weeks and when he got back the entire room had been seeded by a confirmed African Sativa X Goo-Berry MALE. The room had been growing female Berry flavored strains all kush denominates in an attempt to get other fruity smell and flavors to come out and play.
The resulting seed-fest was then played / experimented with for approximately 4 years with a group of 5 experienced growers.
In 2002 Grower A called Grower B and told him he had been working with some seeds from the 1996 debacle, and had found something interesting in 5 seeds labeled 1-5 of the 2002-SEED-1996-BK-4, cloned sexing female) that came from the 1996-BK-4 seed stock.( I believe that is YEAR, Berry-Kush, Plant #), all of these females had pushed pink pistils and smelled like fruit-punch. 3 Clones were taken and sent for all 5 of these plants. 3X5=15 total.
I was given clones of all 5. (I use the ^ to show cloning and the # for generation)
Clone ^1(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #1)
Clone ^1(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #2)
Clone ^1(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #3)
Clone ^1(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #4)
Clone ^1(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #5)
Everyone promised that this strain was private... (We had a friend that did clones in LA in 2001-2005, so he promised that he would not propagate this strain into the clubs and not distribute any clones or allow the seeds from these to get out. He got 5 also and a friend in Northern Cali got 5.
The originals seeds stock and the whole original op where the seed came from was shut down in 2003 by some law enforcement action resulting in confiscation and no charges, leaving the 15 clones provided to 3 peeps the only remaining "pink Pistol berry private reserve."
The guy in LA had flowered all of them thinking he could call Grower A and get more anytime.
My friend in Northern Cali turned one into a mother and flowered all other 4. I checked with him and he is sure the one he mothered was [Clone ^1(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #4)].
I mothered [Clone ^1(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #5)] and flowered the rest.
This is where it gets interesting...
Before I got married, my buddy from Northern Cali and I lived together for approx 2 years from 2003-2005. When we lived together, we shared the space in the basement of this house for our "hobby". So we didn't need 2 mothers of basically the same origin so we flowered mine but not before I took a clone to keep in veg. This plant was called [Clone^2(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #5), noting second generational cloning= Clone^2).
Anyways we smoked the shit out of [Clone^2(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #4] plants, and eventually got to liking [Clone^4(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #4] more than all others.
From 2004-2007... the pink bud was a hit, it was tested 2 times and determined to be 14-18% THC depending on the efficiency of the grow. At the same time I had perpetuated a continual clone of my pink pistol #5. So I had a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of the original clone.
When I moved out of the house I took my laptop and 3 plants leaving everything else. My bedroom is still setup the way I left it except for some other roommate lives in there now but the furniture is the same...Anyways I took.
1. [Clone^2(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #4]
2. [Clone^4(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #4]
3. [Clone ^6(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #5]
Fast forward to 2011, my buddy no longer grows and he flowered everything he had in one final bang in 2008. He still has bud from back in the day in his freezer for when I visit. Thus, I am the final holder of the "pink panther" as he calls it.
Pink Panther= [Clone^5(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #4] is an extremely short indicia dominant hybrid that features pink pistols and a berry flavor. This plant gets so bushy it is scary. It might be the bushiest plant I have ever seen. Thus it is perfect for the heavy defoliation experiment. It smokes smooth and it is a heavy hitter. The body thing is a buzz and you get face-lifted every time.
So I ended up running some clones and keeping mothers and other stuff in my days...
I still have in my possession,
1. ONE [Clone ^11(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #5)]
clone_11_example.jpg

2. FOUR [Clone^5(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #4)]
BOB_Photo.jpg

3. ONE Multi-harvested- 2010 Seed Big Buddah Cheese 2009-BBC-2
Multi_Harvested.jpg

This grow features 4 "pink panther" clones all [Clone^5(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #4]. I am going to call them:
BOB 1 [Clone^5(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #4]
BOB 2 [Clone^5(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #4]
BOB 3 [Clone^5(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #4]
BOB 4 [Clone^5(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #4]
BOB_Photo.jpg

In the back there you can see I am working the final phase of a (Multi-harvested- 2010 Seed Big Buddah Cheese 2009-BBC-2). Another experiment... I am hoping I can keep her going long enough for her to push some balls so that I can get pollen from her late in the game. I am working a superthrive hormone thing right now. This BBC tested as 21% THC. So I would like to have her propagate for me.
Multi_Harvested.jpg

THE EXPERIMENT:
So these girls looked identical to this [Clone ^11(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #5)] ,before I butchered them as hard as I can before putting them directly into bud.
I am going to go12/12 for 60-70 days to see what the product looks like when you have well established roots but you cut out the fan leaves at mass for one of the bushiest plants I know. I will also be able to see if the harvest is seriously affected by the extreme defoliation at the start. I plan to use a little bit higher N ratios at the start to make sure the plants don't get a def from having to push leaves...
I also plan to have a heavy trim done at day 20 and 40 and then on day 60 harvest at day 70.
OUT_SHOT.jpg

Hope everyone will come along for the ride. I am excited to do a journal and I think something a little more experimental will spark off the conversation.

Looking good brotha:cheer: I like the lady in the back she looks like a little Bud Banzai tree:tokin: Need to get some white covering for those walls or some mylar then you good.:Namaste:

Re: McCrackin's, O-BERRY-AFGOO-KUSH , SOIL, Heavy Defoliation (at start),400HPS,STEAL

Looking good brotha:cheer: I like the lady in the back she looks like a little Bud Banzai tree:tokin: Need to get some white covering for those walls or some mylar then you good.:Namaste:

thanks for that this is the seconday box in progress I am thinking the wallyworld emergency blanket. Lol I am adding that to my list. :slide:

I was hoping you would start a journal and from what I've seen so far it should be fantastic.

Hope you don't mind a rookie tagging along :)

:popcorn:

Re: McCrackin's, O-Berry-Afgoo-Kush , Soil, Heavy Defoliation (at start),400HPS,Steal

Heavy Defoliation, I would love to learn more about this if you don't mind I'll be subbed for this one.

I was hoping you would start a journal and from what I've seen so far it should be fantastic.

Hope you don't mind a rookie tagging along :)

Welcome its going to be interesting. It will take me about a week to get rolling with this because the rain is swampin Northern Cali right now.

You had me at defoliation :geek:

That's my favorite line. Bluedog used it regarding the Bomb Shelter grow the other day, had me in stiches.

Heavy Defoliation, I would love to learn more about this if you don't mind I'll be subbed for this one.

Great looking forward to it. :high-five:

Re: McCrackin’s, O-Berry-Afgoo-Kush , Soil, Heavy Defoliation (at start),400HPS,Steal

I'm doing almost the same thing with my bb plant but she just started week two. Can't wait to see how yours turns out good luck man.

Re: McCrackin's, O-Berry-Afgoo-Kush , Soil, Heavy Defoliation (at start),400HPS,Steal

Hay McCrackin,

I'm in, looks great... but shouldn't those Bobs be named Roberta?:grinjoint:

Re: McCrackin’s, O-Berry-Afgoo-Kush , Soil, Heavy Defoliation (at start),400HPS,Steal

OK, so I had a little "timing mix-up" that has delayed my progress. I was going to use the 400W HPS to do this journal but then my lady was not excited about what I had in the garage so in an effort to make sure my lady was happy, "happy wife, happy life," I had to stick these babe in my greenhouse for the last 5 days.

I find the greenhouse to be a great fall back position for me in times of need. First it requires no electricity and because i run 12 from 6am to 6 pm, the lighting is similar so I can avoid shock if I have to go natural for a few days. the light timing is of the same caliber so I can avoid a ton of trouble this way... If life gets in the way, I just unplug, and set everything in the greenhouse, wham a few days later, I am still
OK. So after I took these pix, the girls went into the green-house. They have been healing in their, the light is perfect right now for a transition from veg to bloom.

The 400W cab is completed yet I am having trouble getting the light-block in the way I want. When the cab was in the garage, the escaping light from the intake air-vents was nothing... But in my current zone, I prefer to go 100% stealth so I have to add a lightblock on the rear vents...

Yesterday I put everyone into my floro-light-box... I will take pix today and post them later tonight...

I will utilize this cab for the next week or so until I am ready... I also spoke to a friend that said I need to utilize the [Clone ^11(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #5)] i have which is basically a F-1 for the bushiness and pinkness, as my control so I put her into the floro-cab to go 12 with these ladies.

[Clone ^11(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #5)] is going to get almost no trimming and she will be on the same timing as the BOBS, as a control... That way we can see the difference in the "Pink Panther" from the reference of heavy defoliation. Pictures tonight of the curret setup...

From this point on, no matter what happens, [Clone ^11(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #5)] is getting the same exact treatment as the BOB'S except for the heavy trimming.....

I will also be leaving the multi-harvested BBC in the cab also, because she is like 6 months on 12/12 light and it is a cool backdrop for this journal... then I can mention her on her as an ancillary...

Hay McCrackin,

I'm in, looks great... but shouldn't those Bobs be named Roberta?:grinjoint:

BOB= Berry oh Berry, I have a history of giving male names to everything, like a turtle I had named tom that layed eggs 4 years after I got him... or her... lol

Hey McCrackin, just popping in for a looksie.... I thouhgt I was hard on my plants...I guess not. :popcorn:

Wish you all the Green Mojo man :smokin: Check ya' out laiters!

Honored and excited to have you bro... Po in anytime for any reason...

I'm doing almost the same thing with my bb plant but she just started week two. Can't wait to see how yours turns out good luck man.

same timing so it will be nice to compare as things progress... welcome...

OH, and finally, I had a friend stop in yesterday and he had pix of and outdoor grow I did in 2010... Anyways he has this series on a AK plant, needless to say, I had some bugs problems...... I will post these pix too. Maybe one of these is worthy enough to get me an award... lol... Followup later today after work...

:Namaste:

This looks to be a great journal in the making McC! :welldone:

I hope you don't mind if I tag along for the ride. I'm looking forward to learning on this one!

Best wishes for a healthy harvest!
:cheer:

OK so 2010 I did this thing outdoors...
It was AK47XBBC, they grew like x-mas trees and got huge, one was 15 feet tall.
I forgot I had these picture of this huge bug that was caught making a home... CHECK IT.
DSCF1087_2_.JPG

DSCF1086_2_.JPG

DSCF1083_2_.JPG

DSCF1082_2_.JPG

DSCF1081_2_.JPG

DSCF1078_2_.JPG

IS THAT A BUG OR WHAT!!!! IT WAS LIKE I WOKE UP ON ANOTHER PLANET... I said, go get my shotgun... And I was serious.:cool:

OK Pix Update.
DSC06436.JPG

First check the BOBS

DSC06437.JPG

Notice how the trimmed sites have dried out and browned up on a littel nub. I plan to do a whole thing on the healing nub... but I digress...

DSC06433.JPG

Now our control. [Clone ^11(2002 Seed 1996-BK-4 #5)] she has history I tell you what... I could tell some stories... but i digress...

DSC064351.JPG

Finally, (Multi-harvested- 2010 Seed Big Buddah Cheese 2009-BBC-2) this girl has been dosed with super thrive and I await her growing some nuts... nut up girl...nut up...

DSC064341.JPG

As you see the box has the same idea setup and i propose the T-5 on vert to be better than a T-5 horizontally...

DSC064301.JPG

If I was allowed to buy anything I want, I would put 2 500S LED in this box as added light accents.

PEACE TO EVERYONE HERE AND OUT THERE... :)

u trim all the gigger fan leaf?
flat white paint will last a lot longer than mylar. loads less expensive and the flat white is only 2 or 3 % less reflective than mylar. all around a great idea!
bonsi plants you have! never seen such a thing!
peace

u trim all the gigger fan leaf?
flat white paint will last a lot longer than mylar. loads less expensive and the flat white is only 2 or 3 % less reflective than mylar. all around a great idea!
bonsi plants you have! never seen such a thing!
peace

THE EXPERIMENT:
I am going to go12/12 for 60-70 days to see what the product looks like when you have well established roots but you cut out the fan leaves at mass for one of the bushiest plants I know. I will also be able to see if the harvest is seriously affected by the extreme defoliation at the start. I plan to use a little bit higher N ratios at the start to make sure the plants don't get a def from having to push leaves...

Drop by anytime bro... we are experiencing extreme trimming./ What you learn might shock you.:slide:

That is a purple tail dragon fly he is good to have around .Heats eats the little bad bugs.:Namaste:

Howdy McCrackin - hope you don't mind another tag-along. Love the Dragonfly pictures!
:thumb:

Howdy McCrackin - hope you don't mind another tag-along. -Love the Dragonfly pictures!
:thumb:

Welcome.

That is a purple tail dragon fly he is good to have around .Heats eats the little bad bugs.:Namaste:

Well there were a lot of those bugs too. It was all bout the trimming on that one.

Back
Top Bottom