McLoadie's Third Grow Journal

I would give em 1/4 strength grow one more time. that should give them enough green energy to bulk up some more. I would be careful of going to heavy with the grow nutes this late though. You don't want the plant to focus on the green but more on the flower size.

Thanks shotta, I had in my mind to do this....and your confirmation is a green light for me. I'll give em one more dose at 25%, after I hit em with half half water and a full dose of molasses. I cut the Epsom off a week ago, I swear I could taste the mag in a grow that I ran the mag til the last week...yucky!

Yup slings a good guy we been talking N swappin a long time,don't get to hang as much as we'd like but we AZ boys gotta stick together! I think the reason I like all organic/high brix is you can have nutes a plenty in the soil right up to harvest and it does not impede flavor at all quite the opposite best flavor I've ever encountered, ,the girls look great MC should be a happy harvest!:thumb:

I have noticed a difference even with pure organic grows.....I don't do hi brix so I have no comment, but my product has changed for the better with a 2 to four week flush..........and I like to watch the nitrogen burn up in photosynthesis and as they die off with nothing to replace it.......it's as pure as I can conceive in my mind.....possibly a slight difference being a slightly muted harvest. This is just what I've found in my limited experience. Thanks!

I know I could've topped these plants......but this is an example of lotsa plants in a small space......with absolutely no manipulation.
I'm on this same journey Mack. The difference is I plan on leaving out the nutes & molasses as RACHEL SUAVAY (White Widow X Skunk) is planted in "PROFESSIONAL GROWERS MIX" which states it's complete with no need to add anything but water. On the other hand LAVERNE (Re-Veg) and STACK A. DOLLAR (Delicious Cotton Candy) or both in NYC compost. LAVERNE appears healthier in re-veg than she did the whole time on her original go round and STACKS just keeps growing, maybe an inch or 2 a day. I'm going to have to drop the shelf in the tent soon. If it aint broke don't fix it.

I have noticed a difference even with pure organic grows.....I don't do hi brix so I have no comment, but my product has changed for the better with a 2 to four week flush..........and I like to watch the nitrogen burn up in photosynthesis and as they die off with nothing to replace it.......it's as pure as I can conceive in my mind.....possibly a slight difference being a slightly muted harvest. This is just what I've found in my limited experience. Thanks!
Hi mcloadie, I never flushed my plants at all (they were fed an organic fish based fert until 10 days before the chop). I accidentally sampled a bud the day after their last feed and let me tell you there is nothing like a fish flavored joint.:whoa: Ugh, I had to toss it.

A week later they only tasted sweet. My plants were pretty starved by the end- lots of yellow leaves. Doesn't the organic ferts lack of salts mean that there is less residue to be washed from the soil? I was under the impression that the organic nutes were more or less digested in the soil to make it adsorbable by the plant. I would hate to think I've been smoking fish guts all this time.
:peace:

I'm on this same journey Mack. The difference is I plan on leaving out the nutes & molasses as RACHEL SUAVAY (White Widow X Skunk) is planted in "PROFESSIONAL GROWERS MIX" which states it's complete with no need to add anything but water. On the other hand LAVERNE (Re-Veg) and STACK A. DOLLAR (Delicious Cotton Candy) or both in NYC compost. LAVERNE appears healthier in re-veg than she did the whole time on her original go round and STACKS just keeps growing, maybe an inch or 2 a day. I'm going to have to drop the shelf in the tent soon. If it aint broke don't fix it.

It's interesting to see these high performance soils in use. I've even seen em used outdoors with varying degrees of success. Droppin the shelf is good news!

Hi mcloadie, I never flushed my plants at all (they were fed an organic fish based fert until 10 days before the chop). I accidentally sampled a bud the day after their last feed and let me tell you there is nothing like a fish flavored joint.:whoa: Ugh, I had to toss it.

A week later they only tasted sweet. My plants were pretty starved by the end- lots of yellow leaves. Doesn't the organic ferts lack of salts mean that there is less residue to be washed from the soil? I was under the impression that the organic nutes were more or less digested in the soil to make it adsorbable by the plant. I would hate to think I've been smoking fish guts all this time.
:peace:

All nutes are salts...........LOL, no, you're not smoking fish guts.....LOL! The soil, roots and microorganisms convert the fish guts to elements that the plants can absorb. If you cut off nutes and continue to feed with plain water, that is in fact a flush!

Ok So I did flush them enough.:phew: I was under the impression that a flush meant gallons of water being rinsed thru the plant.
Thanks Mcloadie.:peace:

Things are lookin good! The problems with this run are still going to have a profound effect on the yield, but I'm still hoping for enough to get us all through til the next run comes in.......which is a full month behind my perpetual rotation which allows for a harvest every two months. I got into my indoor growers bible and George says I don't need no stinking controller for my co2. By a formula that is outlined in the section on co2 supplementation I can calculate the flow rate with a timer to give optimum levels during lights on. An issue in my mind has been my lights on temps. They have been at around 60 F which as it takes the room a while to warm up to around 70 I've been thinking that I want it warmer so the plants will start working as soon as the lights come on. So, last night I set the heater on medium rather than low and was pleased to see the lights on temps at 70 F. When I begin the flush at 2 weeks til harvest I will drop the temps back to the low 60s at dark time to try to induce some color. The plants are starting to really concentrate on the flowers, the calyx are beginning to swell and there seems to be less bud leaf production. Yellowing has begun on the lower fans and I'll give them one more veg nute feeding at 25% strength. I'm excited about the next run and I think I will take the aerocloner to a fellow grower, demonstrate how to take cuts and load the machine. I will say now that I gifted this fellow a dozen F1 mexikush seeds for his majden voyage and am very pleased at his progress. The plants are around 14" tall, super healthy and only one male has appeared as of yesterday. He'll take 18 cuts to fill the cloner ( from the mexikush ) and regardless of any unforeseen circumstances I'll have some plants in a coupla weeks....female mexikush.....rock and roll!

OK, a coupla things.......I'm plenty medicated so bear with me.......LOL. A mini smoke report; On the summer run I had this one plant....well, I could not identify it. I didn't even have any genetics out there that any relative ever remotely resembled. This plant got stuck in the ground later than most of the rest and only got like 5 and a half feet tall. It looked sativa dominant and I didn't top it so it looked like a small Christmas tree....so to the point.....I just burned some with like a sixty day or almost cure and it kicks ass, tastes like fruity and is so smooth...... told ya I was loaded. SOIL for 2014 outdoor season. A special thanks to my friends who so graciously helped me with my soil design, If you're slinkin around; Thank you very much!:Namaste:OK, I got the holes dug...what af'n job! I made seven holes, that measure 36" round, and 16" deep. The top 12 inches is much like a clay/sand mixture that is very hard. I live in an ancient flood plain, and that's where the strata is at this point in time. The bottom 6" is like sandy pea gravel and drains like magic. These holes are 6' apart on center. They are located in an area that gets 6-8 hours of full sun a day, which should be enough light given the intensity of the sun at my location...combined with the fact that the air here is very clear and clean. The soil will be a combination of; soil base...from a local nursery, horse manure- composted for years, humus mix...which I'm not quite sure what that consists of yet, and bat guano.....high N. When I get the stuff made I'll try to get more specific with the amounts. I mean it's a soil that has a description as much as a recipe....how to make it and what to look for when getting the correct texture and pH. I'm also gonna throw a good amount of perlite in. This will be an auto watered rig at least...possibly auto fed, I'm looking at injectors........if it happens it will be a diy setup...low cost. That's all for now, I'm interested to see what you folks think of my plan.....I value your feedback.....really!

Mack, I'd like to hear a more detailed description on your pee technique discussed in Canna's thread. It has my kind of price tag.

The soil will be a combination of; soil base...from a local nursery, horse manure- composted for years, humus mix...

Back in the day we used aged horse manure - had a 5 foot deep pile of it behind the barn - loved that stuff! It has all that wonderful fiber in it, and the N is really safe. We'd harvest our pots, dump 'em in a bin, add a buncha horse poop and run the soil again, all renewed. Of course, ahem, we fed 'em Rapidgro in veg and Miracle grow in flower, every watering. We were just growin' pot.

... back in the day ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom