These girls are staying very short and bushy. It’s all looking a bit crowded. Should I be removing some fan leaves? So far I’ve just been trying to tuck them under where they are blocking the nodes.
DA1E8C40-4D02-449C-896A-F8F4D13127B0.jpeg

7C7BDBFB-A6B7-442C-AC86-E9B14ADA2CBC.jpeg
When mine get this bushy, sometimes I get sweaty patches on some leaves, which I then remove. Also I mostly remove leaves pointing to the inside of the canopy blocking others I want to grow bigger. But I'm a big leaf-remover and I like everything tidy, so don't take my word for it, I just stunted a clone by removing too many leaves :)

Also I mostly remove leaves pointing to the inside of the canopy blocking others I want to grow bigger.

Agreed, good call on leaves that pointlessly grow inward to the middle only blocking or getting mangled with others, these could go without harm, having said that these girls are still Juvies so not a great deal happening underneath to necessarily expose to light at this point so not critical.

Probably beneficial to clean up the bottom section / lower stem so none of the leaves are in contact with your grow medium, thus decreasing chance of mold / rot. Are you intending to Lollipop the bottom area before flip to 12/12?

That quad LST looks great btw!

End of week 6

They are now in their final 7 gallon fabric pots.

The quad training is starting to really take shape. They are staying quite short and bushy though. I’d like to see the tops get some vertical growth happening. I have no idea how long to go before the flip. Maybe another 2-3 weeks??? I really want to veg these girls enough to fill a 2x4 footprint as best I can.

I finally got around to sorting out my passive intake. Thanks @Amy Gardner I took your suggestion and ran 150mm ducting to bring in warmer air from up high and drop it down low into the tent. The couple of bends in the ducting also solved my light leak problem:)

The carbon filter I’ve ordered should arrive tomorrow. I’m really hoping it slows the fan down. It’s really sucking the walls in...

Really looking forward to flipping these girls into flower.

Thanks for stopping by

Rib:Namaste:

A92D9145-1600-42F3-8EFB-A58CD8DBFD3E.jpeg

0FD7047C-2EA8-4AAD-B1F9-62A8400FE80B.jpeg

bring in warmer air from up high and drop it down low into the tent. The couple of bends in the ducting also solved my light leak problem
Sweet!
:thumb:

Your plants look very happy to me.
I like the perfect dome shaped canopies they’ve formed they’re very pretty.
Mostly, depending on jar stock, space and a million other things a lot of people would flip now and be pretty stoked.
But you want to fill the space and this..
Maybe another 2-3 weeks???
.. tells me you’re a quick study. Bang on. It would take me six, but my veg light is a candle.
If they were here, I’d tie the middles down. Even if they had to lay over each other like the crown knot in a backsplice. Don’t let the plant see one top higher than any other. Then keep it flat like a billiard table across the top.
Once your footprint is where you want it (remember floppy colas will fill the space if they are tall) let it all go up.
Let’s say six inches of vertical growth on four colas equals an ounce in the jar, cured (we don’t know the metric and it doesn’t really matter).
Let’s say it might take two weeks in late veg to get that six.
Every time you top a quad you get exponential differentials, my studious friend. 4, 8, 16, 32 mains..
:surf:
The carbon filter I’ve ordered should arrive tomorrow. I’m really hoping it slows the fan down. It’s really sucking the walls in...
I’d be cycling the fan on and off. It’s trying to move more cubic feet per minute than it can get.
I had a digital timer for a while that I set for 4min20 every 20 because I could.
Have a look at how @candycane ( :ciao: ) dealt with the tent suck issue.

Thanks @Amy Gardner I took your suggestion and ran 150mm ducting to bring in warmer air from up high and drop it down low into the tent. The couple of bends in the ducting also solved my light leak problem:)
:high-five: yes! Added bonus :D Glad it’s working for you too! looking good in here McRib :thumb:

If they were here, I’d tie the middles down. Even if they had to lay over each other like the crown knot in a backsplice. Don’t let the plant see one top higher than any other. Then keep it flat like a billiard table across the top.

Hey donk. I had a crack at flattening the canopy. The middles are still a bit small for my fat hands to tie down. I squeezed the stems and bent them over a bit. I tried to take a pic to show the flatness...

6EBCC26D-E49B-4615-8774-46EB81AF319A.jpeg

I’m hanging on to see that quad explode
Me too man. I’m hanging to see some flowers

End Week 7

I’m happy with how things are looking after the big defoliation a few days ago.

Getting closer to the flip. I’m ordering another light next payday to get a veg tent going. I think I really want to be always flowering.

How much vertical growth am I looking for before I flip? I understand they will stretch quite a bit after flipping.

@OceanicBud will be after some guidance on lollipoping:thanks: I assume we do this after the stretch?

9D9D1DBC-B3C0-474B-AC64-8C92F04FAADB.jpeg

2A69FFDD-A494-49FB-AAFA-76A3484786DF.jpeg

28C55E69-938C-43F3-AE8F-534A17E47667.jpeg

Rib :Namaste:

Looking good in here. Nice sized girls to quadline too. Most plants at least double in veg growth during the stretch. Ideally use the period to get as many mains into a good position for their own light bathing. Buds will form along the stems so lollipopping might not be the best wat to create long colas we need for mainline. Stripping out a little may serve better as they fill out. If you remove any growing tips to create room for another, then try to do it symmetrical around the other limbs too. Remove the same tip on each is what I mean . Where 2 new tips along a branch are trying to go into the same space vertically. You can remove 1 and avoid overcrowding when they are in full flowering growth. I drew this ( badly) and hope it explains a little what I mean. The circles are where the buds will struggle in the same space so 1 needs taking out of the race to let the other flourish. Aim is to create airflow between each growing cola. Hope it makes sense.
20200608_105307.jpg

Back
Top Bottom