420 Magazine Background

McRib’s First Grow: Dinachem In Coco

McRib

I’m interested in how often you are watering at this stage and what nutrients you use. Are you in a cold part of Oz or a warm part?
I’m growing in coco so they get watered and fed at least once (usually twice) a day. I currently give them 2.5L each per day.
Nutrients are Cal Mag and half strength Organic+ (Cheapo from Bunnings). Then I add Monsta Bud until it gets to EC 1.4 :nerd-with-glasses:

I’m living in a bloody cold part of Australia

14CA0388-63F5-4ECF-AE4F-B80A3B3C9CED.jpeg

Last edited:

TraLa

I’m growing in coco so they get watered and fed at least once (usually twice) a day. I currently give them 2.5L each per day.
Nutrients are Cal Mag and half strength Organic+ (Cheapo from Bunnings). Then I add Monsta Bud until it gets to EC 1.4 :nerd-with-glasses:

I’m living in a bloody cold part of Australia

14CA0388-63F5-4ECF-AE4F-B80A3B3C9CED.jpeg
Well your plants look like they love it :)

The guy at the hydro shop sold me like a 50/50 type mix. 50% coco and 50% something else. And I bought the nutrients he recommended, four different bottles in total.

I am struggling to work out when they like need water. They never get to droop stage, but they feel light in the pot. I reckon the clone drinks twice as much as the seeds.

I dont think it matters much where you are in Australia tonight! It’s fucking freezing everywhere! BOM tells me it’s 12 here!

McRib

Happy days:ganjamon:. Big smile on my dial when I looked in the letterbox and saw a suspicious looking package that I’ve been waiting for.
BC82A9A5-9757-4EE1-998B-E51803F47896.jpeg

This delivery should keep me sorted for the hootah of the funky buddha for some time.

Blue Dream CBD is a definite starter for my next round. I fell in love with @steffgrowsweed ’s plant and decided to grow it to help out a mate going through chemo. I’m wrapped to say that said mate has successfully completed the course of chemo and has had a “full metabolic response”. He is officially cancer free and in remission:5:. I will still grow BD CBD as I’m curious about the effects of CBD.

In the running for the 2nd and final spot in the tent for round 2 are
  • Dinachem by Dinafem - I though I was already growing this one….
  • Choc Mint OG by HSO - bought this one for it’s terpy reputation as seen on Mr Canucks Grow on YouTube
  • Critical Orange Punch by Dutch Passion - saw this one on Row’s of Green on YouTube
  • Hindu Kush by Sensi - just wanted to grow this one and be like @DutchinAB

Ive got a 1m x 1m tent on the way that I’ll use as a veg tent so I’ll probably be popping some seeds next week. I’ll also need to find a home for the Blue Cheese clones. 7 from 8 cuts have rooted.

Also scored a couple of White Widow auto freebies for paying for my order with Bitcoin. I’ve never really considered growing autos but might stick one in the veg tent when I can afford to upgrade the light.

Oh and my Blue Cheese girls are cracking along 10 days since flip. Seeing some good stretch now. Maybe just a hint of preflower action... I’m probably imagining it though...
35B5BF12-3EE4-4763-B032-7D68E29FDBAA.jpeg

Thanks for stopping by
Rib :Namaste:

Last edited:

syenite

Happy days:ganjamon:. Big smile on my dial when I looked in the letterbox and saw a suspicious looking package that I’ve been waiting for.
BC82A9A5-9757-4EE1-998B-E51803F47896.jpeg

This delivery should keep me sorted for the hootah of the funky buddha for some time.

Blue Dream CBD is a definite starter for my next round. I fell in love with @steffgrowsweed ’s plant and decided to grow it to help out a mate going through chemo. I’m wrapped to say that said mate has successfully completed the course of chemo and has had a “full metabolic response”. He is officially cancer free and in remission:5:. I will still grow BD CBD as I’m curious about the effects of CBD.

In the running for the 2nd and final spot in the tent for round 2 are
  • Dinachem by Dinafem - I though I was already growing this one….
  • Choc Mint OG by HSO - bought this one for it’s terpy reputation as seen on Mr Canucks Grow on YouTube
  • Critical Orange Punch by Dutch Passion - saw this one on Row’s of Green on YouTube
  • Hindu Kush by Sensi - just wanted to grow this one and be like @DutchinAB

Ive got a 1m x 1m tent on the way that I’ll use as a veg tent so I’ll probably be popping some seeds next week. I’ll also need to find a home for the Blue Cheese clones. 7 from 8 cuts have rooted.

Also scored a couple of White Widow auto freebies for paying for my order with Bitcoin. I’ve never really considered growing autos but might stick one in the veg tent when I can afford to upgrade the light.

Oh and my Blue Cheese girls are cracking along 10 days since flip. Seeing some good stretch now. Maybe just a hint of preflower action... I’m probably imagining it though...
35B5BF12-3EE4-4763-B032-7D68E29FDBAA.jpeg

Thanks for stopping by
Rib :Namaste:
You're carrying on like an absolute pro, McRib!! Well done and congrats on getting more seeds/possibilities!

Can I ask how long that order took to arrive? I'm waiting now too..

McRib

You're carrying on like an absolute pro, McRib!! Well done and congrats on getting more seeds/possibilities!

Can I ask how long that order took to arrive? I'm waiting now too..
Hahaha. Far from pro bro! I'm enjoying myself though and can't help but learn along the way... I tend to get balls deep in things pretty quickly. I've come to the realisation that I'm going to way more flower than I can smoke myself and with help from friends so I'm now looking into concentrates. All the cool kids seem to be into squishing their buds in a rosin press. They're bloody pricey though! In the last few month's I've almost spent what I would have spent on weed in a year. I sure hope I can produce some nice buds.

Ordered 24 May they updated my order as "Shipped" 2 June. I was expecting them to be a couple of weeks away still but have been checking the letterbox twice a day for the past week.

syenite

Hahaha. Far from pro bro! I'm enjoying myself though and can't help but learn along the way... I tend to get balls deep in things pretty quickly. I've come to the realisation that I'm going to way more flower than I can smoke myself and with help from friends so I'm now looking into concentrates. All the cool kids seem to be into squishing their buds in a rosin press. They're bloody pricey though! In the last few month's I've almost spent what I would have spent on weed in a year. I sure hope I can produce some nice buds.

Ordered 24 May they updated my order as "Shipped" 2 June. I was expecting them to be a couple of weeks away still but have been checking the letterbox twice a day for the past week.
Mate I'm the same as you going 0-100 in no time LOL! But then I also know when I'm truly committed to something, and this seems like one of those things. A rare thing in life. Yeah I know, I've been side-eyeing rosin making too, but I think I can actually hold off on that one until I've got another grow or two under my belt! Makes sense that you're considering it because of your space/yields. Would love to see that first smoke/dab/whatever report :ganjamon:

OK, a month isn't too bad. I hate that there's no tracking for us. At the same time, I get that it's a possible security risk. At least I assume that's why they don't do it for some places!

P.S. you got me eyeing up those fem dinachem seeds...

aussiebuddy

hah youre on to a veg tent already! im jealous!

your plants are coming along well. how many litres a week do yours drink? im going through around 150L a week atm.. not sure if thats normal nevermind re-read the post and saw 2.5L each a day (yeah, im blazed)

are all those seeds from seedsman? im thinking of ordering some more for variety :)

McRib

Good haul, Rib! Looks like you’re set for a while.

Those blue cheese clones are speaking to me!!
I'll have to stick one in a bottle and launch it into the Pacific for you:p
Glad to hear your friend made it through treatment as well!!
:high-five:

‘Grats on the seeds too!
Thanks guys:Namaste:. Best news in a long time. He's a great bloke with a young family. So happy he's on the mend.
hah youre on to a veg tent already! im jealous!

your plants are coming along well. how many litres a week do yours drink? im going through around 150L a week atm.. not sure if thats normal nevermind re-read the post and saw 2.5L each a day (yeah, im blazed)

are all those seeds from seedsman? im thinking of ordering some more for variety :)
Yeah, I could probably feed them more. I get little to no runoff most of the time. I need to sort out some kind of auto watering setup like yours. I've started following @HunterNitro 's "Capn Style" grow. Check out his setup. Results are very impressive. I reckon I could work with something like that but I really want to grow 2 strains at a time in my 4x4 for the variety. Also haven't been able to find the rockwool cubes that he uses here. Wondering if It'd work with rockwool flock or coco chips???

Yeah Seedsman. They are 2 from 2 on getting seeds to me. I think I'm sorted for variety for a while now. Looks like Southern Star Seeds have shut up shop.

McRib

I think these will be plant of the month material once these colas start forming! Wow so beautiful! Keep up the good work!
Thanks mate. I’m quietly happy with how they are looking. It’s day 12 since flip now and I’m hoping they keep stretching for a good few more days. I don’t know about plant of the month material. I’ll be happy if I can just get them to harvest:)

So you ordered that rosin press yet?

:19:
Hahaha. No, I’ve pumped the brakes on those thoughts. Getting way too far ahead of myself. Bubble hash bags are cheap and @Preston9mm just posted a great half-arsed tutorial on how to use them:laugh: So I’ll get a set of bags if I want to start making concentrates.

I’ve just ordered a dehumidifier. When funds are available next I’m thinking I’ll upgrade my current light and use it for the new veg tent

McRib

What light do you have in mind?
Thinking either Mars Hydro TS3000 or 480W Kingbrite strip lights from Alibaba. I've seen great results from the Mars Hydro but I'm leaning towards the Kingbrite to be honest

McRib

Or you could just spend $150, double your yield (and heat:laugh2:) and join the #HPS crew ? :hmmmm: :laugh2:
I could certainly use the heat at this time of year... you might be onto something... but what would I do with all that extra yield? :48:

Top Bottom