So........ then there were three Dinachem...

So my mate who gave me these seeds popped over to re-home a couple of the plants. There was a bit of miscommunication and it turns out that I’m not growing Dinachem. They are in fact Blue Cheese by Dinafem. This would explain the funky smell in the tent...

It’s all good. Blue Cheese looks nice. The pics on the Dinafem website show some really nice colours.

I am keen to grow Dinachem in the near future though. It’s already been added to my @SeedsMan cart :p

Quad training is coming along nicely I think. The plant still in the smaller pot (on the right in the pic) appears it might be a different pheno. It's much stretchier than the others. It might not make the cut.

5AFD0765-F1EE-4026-B952-0A6B47787CE4.jpeg

Rib:Namaste:

So........ then there were three Dinachem...

So my mate who gave me these seeds popped over to re-home a couple of the plants. There was a bit of miscommunication and it turns out that I’m not growing Dinachem. They are in fact Blue Cheese by Dinafem. This would explain the funky smell in the tent...

It’s all good. Blue Cheese looks nice. The pics on the Dinafem website show some really nice colours.

I am keen to grow Dinachem in the near future though. It’s already been added to my @SeedsMan cart :p

Quad training is coming along nicely I think. The plant still in the smaller pot (on the right in the pic) appears it might be a different pheno. It much stretchier than the others. It might not make the cut.

5AFD0765-F1EE-4026-B952-0A6B47787CE4.jpeg

shiiit rofl! That expains wide leaves i guess. I’d still go with the organic route tho. I’m sure they are gonna love it.

It sure does. I've checked out a few Blue Cheese grow diaries and the leaves look identical. Should still be very nice plants. I will grow Dinachem soon enough though

by the way i got their blue kush which is the shit! It’s blueberry x og kush. so their blueberry must be good. I’m very optimistic about the quality of the finished product. Good luck.

Quad line training is looking right on point!

Inspired by @DonkeyDick 's chance dog walk meeting good deed I'd like to see if I can help a work colleague and friend who is currently undergoing chemotherapy for lymphoma and having some very challenging side effects.

We caught up over a webchat cup of tea (I has a cheeky glass of red) last night and after he was telling me about the side effects and the heavy doses of opiates he has been prescribed I tactfully steered the conversation toward medical cannabis. He said he had actually discussed the option with his haematologist who was very supportive of it. It turns out that medical cannabis here is so expensive that it just wasn't an affordable option for him. How absurd is it that medical cannabis is not affordable but extremely high dosage of opiates are? :(

We're talking 60mg of Endone (oxycodone)! There is something seriously wrong with this system...At least medical cannabis is an option now I guess...

I have done some research and it seems to be common for 1:1 CBD:THC strains to be used to help with chemo side effects. Inspired by @steffgrowsweed 's utterly gorgeous Blue Dream CBD I will order some of these seeds.

My 420mag friends are very inspiring:circle-of-love:

Obviously it is going to take quite some time from ordering seeds to harvest and processing the oil (still need to research that part). Would my Blue Cheese (or even some bagseed sativa I have ready in jars) be beneficial to him in the meantime? Blue Cheese is listed as 15-20% THC and only 0-1% CBD.

Yes! Cannabinoids vs cancers are a numbers game. Get’em in there.
Good on you, Rib. It’s hard not to help when you know you can.
:thanks: for the shout out and kind words.
Kudos to @Amy Gardner for this tutorial on infusions.
I’ve had quite a few runs at that one now. One of them is a montage in the first post of the Stable in my sig. (skip the next ten pages though - and then, only when you’ve read the entire rest of the internet and everything available on interloan at your local library too).
I’ll come back and check out your recommendation on steff’s garden too.
It’s funny. I was walking the dogs (really) when I saw your post. That’s why I couldn’t reply straight away. Now I’m making rosin for my ‘next gen’ canna caps (and to try in some of Amy’s Liquid Light as well).

:420:For the win! :love::green_heart:

Kudos to @Amy Gardner for this tutorial on infusions.
Thanks Donk:Namaste:. I'll be sure to check out @Amy Gardner 's tutorial and your montage

I’ll come back and check out your recommendation on steff’s garden too.
Her Blue Dream CBD is absolutely gorgeous. I expect we will see a harvest update of this girl very soon.

Now I’m making rosin
Look at you go! Another thing added to my must try that one day soon list. I'm getting ahead of myself though. I really just need to concentrate on getting the Blue Cheese to harvest at the moment.

I'm quietly confident that I'll have excess flower for my own needs/wants so it will be nice to help out a friend who is having a bit of a rough trot. In fact, I'd be happy to go without if it helps him cope during this tought time :hug:

I have done some research and it seems to be common for 1:1 CBD:THC strains to be used to help with chemo side effects. Inspired by @steffgrowsweed 's utterly gorgeous Blue Dream CBD I will order some of these seeds.
My 420mag friends are very inspiring:circle-of-love:
Thank you McRib, that's very kind of you to say :love:

Her Blue Dream CBD is absolutely gorgeous. I expect we will see a harvest update of this girl very soon.
Currently processing and waiting for regular and fridge/lowslow dry to finish. It is sooooo fullfilling and beautiful.
I did my first fresh cut oil with some of the fresh harvest. It is currently sitting in the fridge and will be processed into capsules for my mom. She suffers from neuropathic pain and bad arthritis. That's why I chose a 1:1 strain. She is very open to being my test subject and will document how she feels at which dose. I will report back, once we have collected some data. Thank you again dear McRib :Namaste:

Yep, sad how big pharma was able to push their products as safe for so long when they can do more harm and have worse side effects than a natural plant. Have your friend try a variety of strains and find what works for him, everybody's canabinoid system is different so what works well for someone, might give taxing anxiety to the next. I find a steady dose of cbd works well for daily consumption to keep things controlled, then a high thc for immediate relief if having a tough pain day.

End of week 5

It’s all going ok here with the Blue Cheese. Started feeding them the Organic+ nutes with a small amount Seasol and Great White. I’ve been adjusting the quad training every couple of days. I think it’s looking pretty good.

I hung up and tested my 150mm exhaust fan and man does it suck? Or does it blow? Haha. Wish I had have got one with a speed control... it sucks in the walls of the tent. So I’m pretty sure it sucks :p

Carbon filter is next on my list of equipment to purchase. With a name like Blue Cheese I reckon these girls are going to have an odour to them. Hoping the filter slows the fan down a bit.

Ive also been planning a veg tent so that I can turn around my grows a bit quicker. There are just far too many strains I want to grow that I probably won’t fit them in this lifetime... I should have started this years ago!

Anyway here are the girls. We are down to just the two keepers. Roots are just starting to peak out the bottom of these pots. I’m thinking maybe another week or so before potting them up to their final 7 gallon homes. I’ll then be looking to you all to guide me on when to flip them.
DCE5A692-C409-4641-97AE-FB57491CF454.jpeg

The cuttings are still green...
9D21292C-250D-4550-BB97-F446BC1B8AD0.jpeg

Thanks for popping over

I'll saddle in for the ride @McRib, looking good and for sure that carbon filter will be much needed, I ended up having to get a second to deal with the portable A/C outlet. Also good call on the veg tent if you want perpetual cycles or constant occupancy in the flower tent for your lifetime of varieties :p

Back
Top Bottom