Thanks for popping in @Ganjagrandaddy :Namaste:

Your sketch is great! It makes a lot of sense. Should I start removing the clashing tips now? Also any advice on how much vertical growth I should aim for before flipping them into flower? I’m starting to get a bit antsy:bongrip:
Not the best artist but glad u got what I meant.lol
I made errors doing this method and leaving too much Interior growth that affected the inner buds. Was a fight to keep them from leaning into each other so also risks molds. With the quads idea too , it helps to limit the amount of buds expected to be fed from the same node. To choose which to take off is about the strongest of the pairings that clash. Also the limb they are coming off. If one is pointing towards the soil as it comes out from the stem and the other is facing upwards , the keep the above and upward facing one. It has already headed up and wont need to work to get around the stem before it can go up. While those small ones are starting g to grow up a little , you can keep the other mains moving towards the edges of the grow. For me , as they hit the lights span edge I then let them go vertical and flip them. Hopefully the others will all be roughly a similar height too and will all grow together in stretch as they set up for flowering points.

OMG @McRib Your plants look spectacular!

We started growing at the same time and mine look like homeless inbred cousins in comparison. Though in my defence my seeds were mongrels. It‘s hard to produce a princess from a mongrel, but I’m doing everything I can to make it happen :D :D :D

I look forward to cheering for you from the McSidelines :)

Thanks @TraLa. They are looking alright from above but they are seriously some shortarses. Fingers crossed they have a growth spurt real soon.

Your plants are looking good too. Some special plants have been grown from mongrel bagseed. I grew a couple of mongrels outside over summer while I was learning on here about everything I was doing wrong. Even though I was doing it wrong I had a good time doing it and got there in the end.

Pic of my outdoor mongrel girls :love:

Looking amazing, McRib!
You've obviously done your reading, I'm impressed by your "let's do it" attitude to growing. I'm at the same tentative stage you are where just about everything is still a learning curve.
Beautiful plants, can't wait to see them get nice and fat

Thanks @burdok420. We had a bit of a rough start with me questioning everything I was doing. To be honest I wasn’t quite ready to start this grow but was gifted some nice seeds that had already germinated so had to just go for it. I’ve had a lot of help from the great people here to get to where I am now and I’m sure I’ll need much more before the end of this grow. Love your avatar. I’ll head over to your journal to see what you’ve got going on

Thanks @burdok420. We had a bit of a rough start with me questioning everything I was doing. To be honest I wasn’t quite ready to start this grow but was gifted some nice seeds that had already germinated so had to just go for it. I’ve had a lot of help from the great people here to get to where I am now and I’m sure I’ll need much more before the end of this grow. Love your avatar. I’ll head over to your journal to see what you’ve got going on

Don't worry, bud, I have been the exact same as you. The people on this forum are simply wonderful, they helped me loads and you've obviously received an incredible amount of attention from these lovely folk. Your grow will be incredible, it already is!

Haha, thanks for the comment on the avatar. Shaggy is something I've been called since my preteens by family as a piss take. Sadly he looks a bit like me...

Damn fine looking plants McRib! Really nice job on the training and the canopies :high-five:
Thanks mate. I'm pretty stoked with how they're looking to be honest

I just gave #1 the @Ganjagrandaddy trim job. I told #2 she'll be copping the same treatment later. I'm going to see if I can root some of the better cuts just for practice. I'll need to find homes for them if they don't cark it

Sorry mate, I don't think I've checked out your journal in a while. I'm a bit hopeless at it if I miss a notification. Heading over now to see what you've got crackin

I just gave #1 the @Ganjagrandaddy trim job. I told #2 she'll be copping the same treatment later. I'm going to see if I can root some of the better cuts just for practice. I'll need to find homes for them if they don't cark it

Sorry mate, I don't think I've checked out your journal in a while. I'm a bit hopeless at it if I miss a notification. Heading over now to see what you've got crackin

Hahaha no pressure at all mate! Things will kick off properly next week when the lights arrive. Not a lot going on for now :Namaste:

Don't worry, bud, I have been the exact same as you. The people on this forum are simply wonderful, they helped me loads and you've obviously received an incredible amount of attention from these lovely folk. Your grow will be incredible, it already is!

Haha, thanks for the comment on the avatar. Shaggy is something I've been called since my preteens by family as a piss take. Sadly he looks a bit like me...
Could be worse buddy, scooby is an ugly mofo !. Lol
I think we all have 420 positive vibes. I have learnt so much here and still do each grow.

Hello to you amazing 420ers. I've already learned a lot in my short time here. Time to put some of it into practice. This will be my first indoor grow (well 2nd if you count my failed attempt in 1997).

I apologise if this is all over the place. It's just how my brain works...

Here's where I'm at so far.

Pot Size - 7 gallon fabric
Medium - 80% coco, 15% perlite, 5% worm castings
Lights - 240W Chinese knockoff quantum boards
Tent - 4x4 Gorilla Grow (I only wanted a 2x4 but found this one cheap on Gumtree - I only plan to flower 2 plants and utilise a 2x4 footprint)
Nutrients - Manutec Nitro Plus, Manutec NK Plus, Manutec Organic Plus
Strain(s) - Dinachem
# of Plants: 2

I have placed an online order for some Hindu Kush from Sensi Seeds to be my first grow. However, a friend of a friend popped way too many Dinachem beans and didn't have space for them. So on 18 April I received 10 Dinachem beans already showing taproots. I have potted them all up in small plastic pots and will pick the best two to flower.

I've been following the "Quadlining" thread and I'm really keen on giving this method of training a try.

I plan on starting to feed the plants in a week or so and the nutrient side of things is where I'm a bit unsure on how to go about it. I was thinking I'd mix the nutes at the rates they have on the bottles and then water down the EC to the values @Cultivator has listed in his thread How to grow in Coco: Feed schedule

Please let me know if I have left out any vital information. I'll post some pics when they get their first true leaves.

I welcome any advice, recommendations, critisism. I have much to learn.
I’m tuning in. Good luck with your grow! Give em the love!

Love the threatening logic too mate. Make them quake. Heehee
You wont regret the trim down as they kick into flowering growth. light,food and air will be redistributed better and the removal will be replaced by bigger colas. I always forget this fact when I grow but the space and light ect.. , has a limit to what it can do . working with that in mind if I grow 6 plants or 10 it will produce a similar harvest , within reasonable parameters. The plants fill the space quite happily whether from pot 1 or 4 and WE tend to keep them In THEIR space . I have seen them grow back from major defoliation so many times yet still worry about doing it every grow , not to mentione losing limbs and growing 2 back that catch up with the others very quickly. Good luck mate. Looks healthy and well

Could be worse buddy, scooby is an ugly mofo !. Lol
I think we all have 420 positive vibes. I have learnt so much here and still do each grow.

Hahaha! Thankfully I'm a better looking Shaggy.
My auntie called me Rodney for long enough, too. Tall and thin haha

Back
Top Bottom