The girls are looking good brutha! Good catch on the high EC, I’m sure it’ll be fine after some plain water and reset, I don’t know anything about coco but I think it’s takes a reset really well and quick.

PS next time do a good defoliation before flipping then you don’t have to wait 21 days! You’d be surprised how much they grow back and how fast. I have been doing a good trim a few days before flip then after stretch is done 3-4 weeks later. My theory has always been to think the biggest and bushiest parts but always stop before you can see through the plant.

the ec and ph of runoff means nothing. don't go chasing it, you can follow it right in to a load of trouble. the inputs are what should be monitored. keep those in line and keep a read on the plants and you'll be fine.

Bit of an update. Day 14 of flower

There’s a lot of conflicting information out there on measuring runoff EC and flushing coco. Rather than flushing the coco as such I decided to give them a good drink of their usual nutes so I’d get a good amount of runoff. Plants looked happy enough...

They’re now under a 600W HPS... not convinced it’s an upgrade from the quantum boards. It’s more horsepower though and it generates enough heat that the heater is not required during lights on. Hope I don’t stress the plants too much with the new light... my timing probably wasn’t great

Seeing some nice stretch now and the very start of buds. Plucked a few leaves for a bit of a defol to open them up a bit. Probably took a bit too much...

Veg tent has arrived. Just need time to set it up. Blue cheese clones are still kicking. I’ll only keep one or two to grow outdoors this summer. Might have a crack at making seeds.

Put some seeds for next round in paper towel last night. Decided on Blue Dream CBD and Dinachem plus a White Widow auto freebie to utilise spare space in the veg tent.

04E4353D-80ED-4AFD-8BF9-698CCC394CD1.jpeg

pop one of the qbs back in the tent with the hps if you're worried about light. it won't draw much, and you'll definitely have enough light. you get to keep the hps heat benefit that way.

i know what it's like to use the light heat as a crucial part of the grow. winter was always indoor grow season here for a reason. i use a heater in the veg space for most of my grows.

Im so glad you have a 600 watt on those girls. Dont worry about stressing them due to light, worry about running out of room from crazy growth.

should be more than enough for the space.

Well... I dont know about more than enough... Can you ever really have enough wattage? ;) :laughtwo:

Yes... if you're a prick like me with 1.5 - 2 cubic feet to work with :laughtwo:

But McRib's plants look like they're ready to eat the world, so..

Well... I dont know about more than enough... Can you ever really have enough wattage?

guilty. i'm running 600 watt true draw worth of cob in a space under 4 x 4. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Seed making sounds fun.
It does:). I've mucked around with crossing different peppers and tomatoes (not together:p) over the years. Never ended up with anything too successfull. I do have a pale mildly hot pepper that's F8 now i'm reasonably happy with. It's had a few names over the years I've grown it. Most recently I've been liking White Wuss. My GA3 arrived yesterday. I've got some research to do...:nerd-with-glasses:

i know what it's like to use the light heat as a crucial part of the grow. winter was always indoor grow season here for a reason. i use a heater in the veg space for most of my grows.
I'll be using the quantum boards in the veg tent. I'm hoping not to have to heat it by venting the flower tent into it. We'll see how it goes... I think I'll still order the 480W Kingbrite for summer grows

*Edit to add: What 600 did you go with? Hood? Cooltube?
I did go for the cooltube:cool:. I'm not venting it straight out though. I just have a clip fan pointed at it. Temps look good so far

Yes... if you're a prick like me with 1.5 - 2 cubic feet to work with :laughtwo:
I got a freebie in my last Seedsman order named Holy Punch that would go great in your little cathedral. One of it's parents is named The Church:laugh:

looking good under the hps!

i saw your earlier post about high run off EC. coco needs a fair bit of run off or the salt will accumulate in it, driving up the run off EC which is what you saw.

this can drive down the pH in the coco and lock out magnesium and nitrogen, can also cause your plants to burn a bit. i had this happen to me recently. took me 50 liters of pH'ed water until the output ec was in range and the leaf tips got happy :)

if it starts to be an issue for you, hit it with 1/4 strength nutes until the runoff ec is close to the input then immediately feed at full strength so you dont starve them

looking good under the hps!

i saw your earlier post about high run off EC. coco needs a fair bit of run off or the salt will accumulate in it, driving up the run off EC which is what you saw.

this can drive down the pH in the coco and lock out magnesium and nitrogen, can also cause your plants to burn a bit. i had this happen to me recently. took me 50 liters of pH'ed water until the output ec was in range and the leaf tips got happy :)

if it starts to be an issue for you, hit it with 1/4 strength nutes until the runoff ec is close to the input then immediately feed at full strength so you dont starve them

may want to incorporate a f f w or f f f w schedule. i ran f f w on AN bottle nutes in hempy. coco generally gets fed more frequent so i'd try f f f w.

may want to incorporate a f f w or f f f w schedule. i ran f f w on AN bottle nutes in hempy. coco generally gets fed more frequent so i'd try f f f w.
everything i read says not to do that in coco. i tend to agree based on experience. i fed at 1/4 strength while flushing - my plants were obviously starved until a full feed.

Cheers mate. Thanks for dropping in. Going alright here. Had a bit of a freak out about my runoff EC. Not going to measure it again but I am watering till i get a bit more runoff. Girls are looking pretty good I reckon. 18 days since flip now. Looking forward to starting to defol to open them up a bit.

What's all this hempy talk? I thought country boys grew shit in dirt?

Back
Top Bottom