I've kinda lost track - how many plants you got going now??

Thanks mate, I'll be more gentle on them next time for sure.

In flower I've just got the 2 Blue Cheese.

In veg I have 2 Blue Cheese clones, the stump of the White Widow Auto. Seedlings are Dinachem and Chocolate Mint OG and they're only just hanging in there...

Here’s the veg tent before I snapped the top off the auto
95E1A2F3-9F73-49E2-ACE0-96037BC97150.jpeg

Seems like not much is going right here at the moment. Have been wondering why the Blue Cheese had stopped stacking and calyxes were starting to swell. They are full of seed. I never saw any nanners. Maybe I've got a light leak or maybe I stressed them out when I switched to HPS?.... dunno... disappointing

I'll take some pictures tomorrow and give an update on my veg tent.

I'll just let them finish now. They'll finish a few weeks before I have anything ready to flower because of my earlier seedling killing spree. I'll probably just chuck the clones I took of these too

Rib:Namaste:

Well sucks for the stash jar cabinet but that shitload of seeds is now doable
Luckily I still have a good pile from my outdoor grow. But will the seeds I collect from these be prone to hermie? The seeds were gifted to me so not 100% on the genetics. They may have come from a hermd plant for all I know

Yup, been there, Rib. Keep ya head up. I’ve been told the clones don’t as easily hermie as the moms.

So we’ve got that going for us, which is nice.
I know dude. It sucks but we have to learn from it and move on. Still not sure if I want to chance putting my clones into flower

@McRib Sorry to hear about the seeds man. If those clones were taken before the stress induced seeding, they may be salvageable. Just keep an eye on em if they make it into the next flower rotation.
Cheers mate. I’m not feeling that I will flower them but you can bet I’ll be scrutinising them daily if I do.

Took a couple of quick shots of some of the seeded bud.
EF830010-61D5-40B3-A899-78DAE62BDDE6.jpeg

In the veg tent I’ve got Dinachem and Choc Mint OG started in DWC buckets. I’m really excited about growing these strains. I got the seeds from a reputable seed bank so if they herm it’s all on me.

The White Widow auto plant I broke is fighting for life after I tried to kill it. I repotted it into a smaller pot and really disturbed its roots. The new growth is very light green almost yellow. I still plan on hitting it with CS or GA3 to see if I can intentionally make some pollen. Leaning towards CS after following @Canadadoes journal. I popped another WW auto that I’ll selectively hit a few branches to make seeds if the pollen pans iut

Job for today is lightproofIng my buckets

5A6D1095-F3D5-4B88-A87B-FA889C8D38DA.jpeg

Ive been meaning to start a journal for the next round so I’ll probably wind this one up soon. Will keep it alive to update on the seedy bud harvest.

Thanks to all of you for your advice and guidance and for coming along for the ride.

I’ve made many mistakes on this grow so hopefully I learn from them and can grow some fat buds like you all some day

Rib
:Namaste:

Luckily I still have a good pile from my outdoor grow. But will the seeds I collect from these be prone to hermie? The seeds were gifted to me so not 100% on the genetics. They may have come from a hermd plant for all I know

I know dude. It sucks but we have to learn from it and move on. Still not sure if I want to chance putting my clones into flower

Cheers mate. I’m not feeling that I will flower them but you can bet I’ll be scrutinising them daily if I do.

Took a couple of quick shots of some of the seeded bud.
EF830010-61D5-40B3-A899-78DAE62BDDE6.jpeg

In the veg tent I’ve got Dinachem and Choc Mint OG started in DWC buckets. I’m really excited about growing these strains. I got the seeds from a reputable seed bank so if they herm it’s all on me.

The White Widow auto plant I broke is fighting for life after I tried to kill it. I repotted it into a smaller pot and really disturbed its roots. The new growth is very light green almost yellow. I still plan on hitting it with CS or GA3 to see if I can intentionally make some pollen. Leaning towards CS after following @Canadadoes journal. I popped another WW auto that I’ll selectively hit a few branches to make seeds if the pollen pans iut

Job for today is lightproofIng my buckets

5A6D1095-F3D5-4B88-A87B-FA889C8D38DA.jpeg

Ive been meaning to start a journal for the next round so I’ll probably wind this one up soon. Will keep it alive to update on the seedy bud harvest.

Thanks to all of you for your advice and guidance and for coming along for the ride.

I’ve made many mistakes on this grow so hopefully I learn from them and can grow some fat buds like you all some day

Rib
:Namaste:
Fully sick setup maaaaaaaaate ;)

I McFucking love how neat your grow is!

Order gives me life!

Hey @McRib! Sorry to hear about the the seeded bud. It happens though from time to time. I’m stoked you’ve enjoyed the following along with the journal. Also that you’ve been somewhat inspired to try the CS. This was a first for me but if you have any questions feel free to give me a shout and I’ll do my best to help you find the answers.

I hear you. I’m on the lookout for a method that’ll let me leave the grow to look after itself if I want to head off camping with the kids for a few days. It also needs to be not too complex so a knucklehead like me can work it out. Been looking at RDWC a bit but I’ve figured that it doesn’t fit the knucklehead criteria...
I'm following your thread mcrib. You've got some great stuff going on in here mate. I've got a buddy down in Benalla I send tobacco care packages too. We both love growing and making our own pipe tobacco.
Anyway, ever think about a bottom feeding peat grow with a ebb n flow? That would free up time. Peat isn't as labor intensive as Coco but damn near the same medium. A ebb n flow could feed during your absence. Control bucket should be stable enough for days freeing up time to play with the kids n camp. Just a thought.

I'm following your thread mcrib. You've got some great stuff going on in here mate. I've got a buddy down in Benalla I send tobacco care packages too. We both love growing and making our own pipe tobacco.
Anyway, ever think about a bottom feeding peat grow with a ebb n flow? That would free up time. Peat isn't as labor intensive as Coco but damn near the same medium. A ebb n flow could feed during your absence. Control bucket should be stable enough for days freeing up time to play with the kids n camp. Just a thought.
Welcome triplej :passitleft:
Thanks mate. I'm having a crack anyway
I haven't considered ebb n flow. I'll have a look into it. So many different ways to grow. I kinda want to try them all. I just need to find the one that works for me. To be honest a few big outdoor plants a year is looking like a pretty easy way to keep myself having to buy bud

Welcome triplej :passitleft:
Thanks mate. I'm having a crack anyway
I haven't considered ebb n flow. I'll have a look into it. So many different ways to grow. I kinda want to try them all. I just need to find the one that works for me. To be honest a few big outdoor plants a year is looking like a pretty easy way to keep myself having to buy bud
We all find our way and we all experiment with shit till we find what works for us. Outdoor grows have their pros and cons as well. One important one is environment control but that fire all in the sky makes some awesome bud.

My new light for my 4x4 arrived. It draws 498W from the wall going full bore. I really like the light distribution.

I set it up over the Blue Cheese to let them finish the seeds with it. The seeds are still immature. Just want them to finish now and get this grow behind me.

1796FCD2-5AAC-4EB5-8578-C21EE07BDE4E.jpeg

D92C4D46-4094-4B4E-A5FA-E37C45BE2B0E.jpeg

03324272-04D0-43A6-AC45-EA3F42387BD0.jpeg

The DWC grow is going very slowly. It’s probably a little cold in there. I’ve also been fighting algae in the buckets. I was going to get some proper black DWC buckets but we are in Stage 4 lockdown and I’m afraid the Gestapo won’t consider a trip to the hydro shop as essential travel. So I’m stuck with white buckets painted black.... Hoping it’s not a failure. The Dinachem is looking better than CMOG.
95CAAF8D-F3F5-4623-9500-3B60625F97FB.jpeg

C13F46C6-70B9-4B29-9F04-202CF908BA53.jpeg

Nice looking light you got there. No wonder you’re happy with it - there won’t be a shadow anywhere.
I hope the lockdown goes well for you mate. Ours is just ramping up again.
Congrats on the home made beans btw. Gotta be worth a run.

Nice looking light you got there. No wonder you’re happy with it - there won’t be a shadow anywhere.
Thanks mate. I'm very happy with it. Cant wait to see what it can do.
I hope the lockdown goes well for you mate. Ours is just ramping up again.
Cheers. It's very strange going down to the local shops and seeing everyone wearing masks. Hopefully we see new infections start to decrease over the coming days/weeks.... At least NZ is fast to react to the new infections
Congrats on the home made beans btw. Gotta be worth a run.
I'll add you to my Christmas card list :yummy:

I wasn’t trying to hustle you mate. Nice of you to think of a donkey at Xmas time though! It’s only one of the things that annoys me about Xmas is that no-one casts a thought to the blooming donkey! Don’t get me started :laugh:
:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom