420 Magazine Background

MCT Coconut Oil: messed up, how long should i rest it?

How long do i let it saturate?

• 1 Week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 Week

• 3 Week

• Total voters

vui7753

Ok so.. last 20+years i've always made cannabutter. A process I know by heart. A friend told me about this beautiful cheap mct/cocnut oil by St. Francis Herb Farms. Stays n a liquid state, both in one bottle and the first ingredient listed is mct. So i wanted to enfuse this high fatty content oil and i looked online for recipe's. I found a few that averaged out to about 18g flower per 1 cup of oil. Recipe's said to store in cool, dark place and shake twice a day for up to 6 weeks!

I figured in Jar #1 that I would use three cups oil and 47g flower. I prepared my material, Decabaroxylated...put it in the jar...went to add 3 cups...and oops...my largest glass jar only fits 2 cups!! Also, i now realize that the recipe's were old. Based on those old cbd strains of a max 8%thc/8%cbd. The flower i just harvested from summer outdoor (woooot Canada. Legal huge ootdoor tree's) is at least 24%thc /19%cbd!!! It's only been 3 days and the oil is more saturated than a everclear rso i had let sit for 1 month.

So, my question is...Just how long up to the 6 weeks do i dare continue the saturation process...and when or if will the oil just not be able to saturate any more various cbd/thc molecules? Oh, i also did a second jar w/only 32g flower into 2 cups oil ( For Science!!). That's the jar on the right.
3 days Saturation:
20191102_095838[1].jpg

Approx. 10 hours saturation:
20191102_071224.jpg

Last edited:

Old Salt

Member of the Month: Apr, Nov 2019
I'm a Johnny-Come-Lately to the party, so I don't know what the saturation point of coconut oil is. I've been extracting with a rosin press, decarbing, and mixing the rosin with coconut oil. For what its worth I pressed 105gms of flower, getting 14.79gms of rosin, which went into a cup of coconut oil. I immediately put it into capsules, so I can't tell you if it was a solution or suspension.

What strain are you growing with 24%THC / 19%CBD? Forty three percent cannabinoids by weight is very high. The highest I've found to date was Cream & Cheese by Seedsman at a claimed 22%CBD /18% THC. I'll find out next week whether those numbers are inflated, as I have an analysis kit coming.

vui7753

I'm a Johnny-Come-Lately to the party, so I don't know what the saturation point of coconut oil is. I've been extracting with a rosin press, decarbing, and mixing the rosin with coconut oil. For what its worth I pressed 105gms of flower, getting 14.79gms of rosin, which went into a cup of coconut oil. I immediately put it into capsules, so I can't tell you if it was a solution or suspension.

What strain are you growing with 24%THC / 19%CBD? Forty three percent cannabinoids by weight is very high. The highest I've found to date was Cream & Cheese by Seedsman at a claimed 22%CBD /18% THC. I'll find out next week whether those numbers are inflated, as I have an analysis kit coming.
Yeah, cream n cheese was nice. The strain is from breeder Garden of Green, Kush n' cookies cbd. They also have a higher % strain super critical cbd..err sumthin close to that name on seedsman. Oops, listed as 21%thc. It hits like a mack truck in the vaporizer, tastes like blueberries n sweet grapes..it's my go 2 for pain relief.

Old Salt

Member of the Month: Apr, Nov 2019
Seedsman no longer lists their CBD Cream & Cheese. I've got six seeds left, so I should grow some more the next time I run them. It was also a high producer with 347gms from a single plant in a 2' X 4' tent it shared with a Candida.

vui7753

Fourth day...and there's a line of keif that's not bein absorbed. Especialy in the bottle that was all kush n' cookies cbd flower. The other one had a oz of low % dinamed - smthin lke 10/10%.
Filtered it today and will refine my recipe. 18g per 1 cup oil..is overkill due to the potency of the flower used. In fact i'm usin the left over material to make .5 lb cannabutter w/an oz of fresh trim! This filtered oil is amazeballs! Got over 500ml of highly potent thc/cbd...and i didn't have to boil or fuss with anything. Aside from decarbox material before insertion. This is fantastic. Now i just have to work out dosage, because 1tbsp. in my coffee put me back to sleep this morning...lol. I'm soo glad that the mess i made of the recipe I was followin didn't ruin the end product. I was very worried. Cheers'
Line of keif :
20191103_054817.jpg

Final filtered product:
20191103_094344.jpg

vui7753

ya know that smell, just before harvest. Once you cut into the stalk of the plant? That's what this oil tastes like, plus coconut! Damn, this is fantastic. I won't ever mess w/alcohol extractions ever again.

Top Bottom