Mdlroad Outdoor Desert Grow

Mdlroad

I'm still a newbie 1st grow indoors in 4th week of flower. I decided I'm gonna try an outdoor grow in the desert. Running autos so they will harvest before it gets too hot. Dropped the seeds to soak this morning. Gorilla glue autos and cream autos from Growers Choice. I have more seeds on the way. Amnesia from Home grown Cannabis. I'll post updates on soil etc when the beans pop. I'm going to run as many as possible. Hopefully outdoors will bring higher yields but desert conditions will be a big challenge. We will see.

IMG_20210303_093007418.jpg

I decided I'm only gonna put 2 outside I don't want to lose too many if things go wrong. It's for the learning anyway. These are the 2 when they get big enough to kick outta the house. One sprouted with only 1 cotyledon but she's growing we'll see if she makes it.

IMG_20210310_113252012_HDR.jpg
I’m trying to pick 2 to go out this summer. They already 2 months old.

I decided I'm only gonna put 2 outside I don't want to lose too many if things go wrong. It's for the learning anyway. These are the 2 when they get big enough to kick outta the house. One sprouted with only 1 cotyledon but she's growing we'll see if she makes it.

Wow those leafed out fast! My second batch of 3 were super slow but they’ve been outside the whole time so the cooler nights probably didn’t help.

My 2 baby girls for outdoor grow looking good. Even the baby with 1 cotyledon is alive and well progressing a little slower but looks good. I'll probably move them outdoors next weekend. I'll be growing in 7 gallon fabric pots. Soil will be 2/3 FFOF 1/3 FFHP + added perlite. Geoflora nutes have been ordered should be here in time for 1st use. The girls are autos 1 is gorilla glue. The other is gorilla glue or cream IDK. My shakey hands.

IMG_20210313_092653782_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210313_092649365_HDR.jpg

Oh at's a lemon

IMG_20210303_102427499.jpg
Its so nice to see the sun shining on an outdoor plant, any plant.
I'm still growing icicles. :thumb: Good luck with your gorillas. I'll enjoy seeing them grow.

Its so nice to see the sun shining on an outdoor plant, any plant.
I'm still growing icicles. :thumb: Good luck with your gorillas. I'll enjoy seeing them grow.
That's one advantage here. Yuma is literally the sunniest city in the world. After March no rain till maybe July. So no natural rain on the girls. I'll need to keep a close eye. They will dry out fast in the low humidity. The lack of humidity creates another problem. We get extreme temp changes from dawn till afternoon. It can be 60f in the morning 95f in the afternoon

That's one advantage here. Yuma is literally the sunniest city in the world. After March no rain till maybe July. So no natural rain on the girls. I'll need to keep a close eye. They will dry out fast in the low humidity. The lack of humidity creates another problem. We get extreme temp changes from dawn till afternoon. It can be 60f in the morning 95f in the afternoon
Your teasing me with the description of sun and heat .June can't come fast enough for me. That heat wow hope the grow well for you.

Your teasing me with the description of sun and heat .June can't come fast enough for me. That heat wow hope the grow well for you.
I'm on the opposite end from you from early June till late Sept 100+ everyday. It eats on you. 2020 was brutal broke the record for 100+ days in a year and latest 100 degree day it was 105 in early Nov. If it goes below 70 we feel cold. If it gets too hot I can bring em in. Soon the night temps won't be a problem

Back
Top Bottom