Me & The Mars Hydro SP-3000: It's The Cherry On Top

:ciao:
Nice set-up and I'm pretty sure you'll be okay without the exhaust for a bit. Leave the door open even!

I've got the MarsHydro SP250 (250w draw) in a 2x4x6 and I can never run that that at 100%, so keep an eye on your tops in the 5-footer.
Thanks for the heads up. I tested the light / timer last night to make sure it turns off & on at the times I set it for. It's pretty darn bright, that's for sure. I'm glad it has the reddish Hughes I like in this light that makes it look similar to HPS.
The cooling fins look like they'll do a hell of a job. I think I might have a new favorite Mars Hydro light. I'm impressed with it so far. Now let's see how it grows. Planting the seeds as soon as I wake up a little more.

Do any of you guys have one of these inline fans with the controller ? I'm wondering what the cord looks like that goes from the Fan to the Controller. If you have a pic of it please post it. I'm thinking it's just a 2 wire cord with 1/8" male jacks on each end. If it is a computer speaker cord should work & I'll just go buy one today. LMK. Thanks !

Do any of you guys have one of these inline fans with the controller ? I'm wondering what the cord looks like that goes from the Fan to the Controller. If you have a pic of it please post it. I'm thinking it's just a 2 wire cord with 1/8" male jacks on each end. If it is a computer speaker cord should work & I'll just go buy one today.

it's usually a three prong audio type din plug. they're not hard to find if you know what / where to look for

Hmmmm, not sure what's going on but it seems like some of my journal got deleted. Text & pics. I haven't heard anything from staff though, so that's weird. Anyway, Here's some pics of the tent (90% set-up). I have the duct. Waiting on the controller cord & I'll do it all at once. I ordered a 3.5mm male to male auxiliary cable 10' long. Suppose to be here tomorrow so I'll see if that works.
16-10   5-8-22.JPG
16-11   5-8-22.JPG
16-12   5-8-22.JPG
16-13   5-8-22.JPG
16-14   5-8-22.JPG
16-15   5-8-22.JPG

I only have the light on 65% for the pics.

I haven't decided whether 2 do 2 in 5 gal. or 3 in 3 gal. I guess it depends on how many females I get. But I'll go from Solo Cup to 1 gal. & then to either 3 or 5 gal. I'm pretty sure I'm going to use SoHum Super Soil & Fox Farms Ocean Forest with Re-Charge for this grow. That's the plan anyway.

Ready for planting & up-potting !
16-16   5-8-22.JPG

Hmmmm, not sure what's going on but it seems like some of my journal got deleted. Text & pics.
Deleted from the site or from your signature? I checked your list of journals and it runs 3 pages:

And your list of threads listed here:
has all working links.

Deleted from the site or from your signature? I checked your list of journals and it runs 3 pages:

And your list of threads listed here:
has all working links.
From this journal.... I think. Maybe I didn't click POST ? Not really sure.

OK guys, I planted my seeds this morning. Today is: "Day 1" : 5-9-22
Most the time my seeds are above ground in 3-4 days. My method of germination is quite simple & works well for me.

Step 1: Put 5-6 small holes in the bottoms of my clear Solo Cups for drainage. I use a Soldering Iron for this.

Step 2: Put the clear cup in the Red cup & water with 6 oz. Tap water. I let this sit overnight.

Step 3: Next Day - I use a pen a make a hole about 1/4" deep.

Step 4: Drop my seed in & cover it up. I probably wont need to water for about 5 days. When I do water a small sprout I use a Shot Glass. It's too easy to over water using a bigger glass. I only give 1-2 Shot Glasses of water until the plant has it's 2nd set of leaves. By then the roots are at the bottom & you can water about 3-4 oz. at a time.

So this is how I start my seeds.
16-33   5-9-22.JPG
16-34   5-9-22.JPG
16-35   5-9-22.JPG
16-36   5-9-22.JPG

Anybody care to show & tell your method of germination? Might help someone out. Thanks in advance.

So many workable ways to germinate! I soak 15 minutes in a 50/50 distilled water/3% H2O2 mix, then pour that off and use straight distilled in a dark 80ºF box until they split. Then they go in to peak pucks with the bottom split open under a 23w CFL about 3" away (also at 80º). As soon as it breaks ground (what I call day 1), the cover comes off the peat and I plant it in a clear solo cup inside a solid one, and out into the sun it goes.

I water mine down the side with the cup tipped and avoid the peat to prevent the stem from damping off.
It's Day 1 of germination, not the grow cycle. I said it usually takes 3-4 days for them to break ground so just counting those days to see if it happens in 3-4 days as usual.

Smart pad looks very similar so thought maybe.
I ordered a cord with 3.5mm male jacks on each end. They called it a 10' auxiliary cord on zon. Under $8.00.
Suppose to be here today, so I'll see if that works or not. Mars said they'd reimburse me for the cord.... but not going to ask for it.... lol.

OK guys, I planted my seeds this morning. Today is: "Day 1" : 5-9-22
Most the time my seeds are above ground in 3-4 days. My method of germination is quite simple & works well for me.

Step 1: Put 5-6 small holes in the bottoms of my clear Solo Cups for drainage. I use a Soldering Iron for this.

Step 2: Put the clear cup in the Red cup & water with 6 oz. Tap water. I let this sit overnight.

Step 3: Next Day - I use a pen a make a hole about 1/4" deep.

Step 4: Drop my seed in & cover it up. I probably wont need to water for about 5 days. When I do water a small sprout I use a Shot Glass. It's too easy to over water using a bigger glass. I only give 1-2 Shot Glasses of water until the plant has it's 2nd set of leaves. By then the roots are at the bottom & you can water about 3-4 oz. at a time.

So this is how I start my seeds.

Anybody care to show & tell your method of germination? Might help someone out. Thanks in advance.
I start my seeds in dirt too.

Mine go straight into dirt. I always grow in a seed tray which is a much smaller space than your drink cup. It’s the way garden nursery houses start their single seeds, so that’s good enough for me. I also use a dirt seed mix, not the canna mix they will be uppotted into.

I then use a syringe to water them twice a day. They get approx 3mL twice daily till they strike. Just plain tap water.

I uppot after about a week once they strike I think.

Thanks for the tag!!!

Plan to pop some regular seeds soon.

Run a SP 3000 in my 2X4 and it is amazing.

Pretty stoked learn a lot from your grow.

I had some really tall clones. One had to be topped late, because it was pretty much touching the light.
Didn't appear to burn or bleach my top buds. Getting ready to trim them so I'll get to see how the top nugs turned out.

Germinate by soaking in Humic Acid (1:100) for a day or so and then drop them in pre soaked starter soil underneath a heat pad in one gallon pots--the kind that have a lip for ease of transplant/up-potting.

If I don't use a dome till I have seedlings, I'll mist them once or twice a day.

Sorry Guys ! I've been kind of tied up changing up my grow rooms / equipment. Anyways, this is the type of cord I needed to get the Fan Controller to work. I also got the 4" Duct up. I think the cord is working. It lights up the controller, but I haven't programmed it yet. Looking forward to see how the Mars Hydro Fan works as I've never had one like this before.
16-37   5-13-22.JPG
16-38   5-13-22.JPG
16-39   5-13-22.JPG

Yesterday, 5 out of 6 seeds popped. 3 of them you can only see the curled stem so far. 2 are above ground. The 6th one I see the curled stem on today. Another 24 hours & they'll all be above ground.
So it took 3 days on 5 out of 6 & 4 days for the 6th seed to pop. This is about the norm for me. I rarely lose a seed this way. But I have lost a few afterwards by overwatering. That's why I've started using a shot glass while I'm in a Solo Cup. Much easier to control the amount of water I give.
16-40   5-13-22.JPG
16-41   5-13-22.JPG
16-42   5-13-22.JPG
16-43   5-13-22.JPG
16-44   5-13-22.JPG
16-45   5-13-22.JPG

I'll do another update soon. I'm kind of in the middle of switching my Flower Room to a Grow room & my Grow Room to a Flower Room. RH too high in the Flower Room now so this was the best solution I could come up with. I've got about 8-10 plants to defol & LST & a couple others to up-pot. Once I get this done over the weekend I can concentrate more on my journals.

Nobody here willing to post pics of how they germinate :( ?
Darn, I was hoping I didn't have to look up the Shot Glass, Paper Towel, Rapid Rooters, Rockwool, & other methods to show some alternatives in germination. Some might not have luck one way & need to try something different.
Besides, it takes about 2 weeks before we actually have plants to work with so why not fill some time with useful info ?

Back
Top Bottom