MedFarmer Goes Perpetual

MedFarmer

As I have a lot of different grows and styles going on, I thought it would be easier to have one journal covering everything.

I am still lumbered(????) with loads of cuttings from the Summer which I just could not bring myself to throw away. I only managed to give away 5 from 70 cuttings. A few have been harvested already and the rest are flowering now inside and out. I say lumbered as they have been keeping me busier than I had hoped and basically getting in the way.

I have another thread with 4 Night Queens and here they are
20150909_141409.jpg
20150909_141430.jpg
20150909_141437.jpg

The vegging tent is full also
20150909_140639.jpg

The vegging tent contains White Kush, NLxBB, Purple Bud, Sugar Black Rose and Nebula at different stages. Three of the plants are Fluxed as can be seen. A couple are being Main-Lined as I deemed them unsuitable for Fluxing and the rest are still seedlings. The 2 black pots are to be Fluxed following Light Addict's Fluxing video series.

My plan up until now has been to soak 2 seeds every Saturday. Only 3 out of the 19 so far soaked have failed to grow. The idea of doing 2 a week was to allow for a failure. As you may be aware now, I cannot dispose of live cannabis plants so I have more than I had planned for at this point. I have just passed week 10 of my perpetual grow and have 16 plants now growing or seeding.

The plan is to have 25 pots of 25cm diameter and basically put one in every week and harvest one every week. I know this won't work as planned so I'm just going to go along with the flow on this grow. If I don't Flux a plant I will Main-Line it but may also do other training depending on the plant. We will work together on that one :cheesygrinsmiley:

I have a full tent containing a lot of the cuttings I had. Some are showing spider-mite damage from when I went away a short while back. I am on top of the problem now.
20150909_160500.jpg

These are last weeks sowings
20150909_160535.jpg

These are seeds being soaked that are from my good friend TheNuttyProfessor's experiment with breeding
20150909_155847.jpg

there's more....

The other plants are in the greenhouse

These are the remainder of the cuttings
Untitled221.jpg

This is a trial that me and Light Addict discussed at the start of the Summer and is doing well. It is in organic soil in a fabric pot that sits on perlite that has an air-stone underneath to aerate any roots that want to swim.
20150909_141401.jpg

I also found a seedling growing inside one of my Fluxed plants
20150909_135251.jpg

This is my current organic soil mix

10 litres compost
5 litres coir
2.5 litres perlite
1 litres rock dust
500 millilitres alfalfa
100 millilitres mycorrhiza
50 millilitres garden lime
80 grams kelp meal
40 grams fish, blood & bone
1/3 cup neem meal
1/3 cup crab meal
8 tbsp eggshells

I get my coco in bricks which when wetted makes approximately 70 litres of coco.

Empty_tank.jpg
Soaking_coco.jpg
Coco_finished.jpg

I make my soil up in around 70 litre batches.

Empty_tank_2.jpg

This is my own home-made compost. I also use bought compost.

My_compost.jpg

Coco added.
Coco_added.jpg

Alfalfa added. I use regular horse-feed alfalfa which has only got molasses added to it.

Alfalfa_added.jpg

Perlite added.

Perlite_added.jpg

I grind my eggshells.

Crushed_eggshells.jpg

All other amendments added.

Other_amendments_added.jpg

I will do the same mix twice over which nearly fills the tank. This will sit in the greenhouse for a couple of months while it cooks.

When planting my cracked seeds, I use a mix of 50% compost to 50% coco and plant the seeds in small propagation bags. Only when the roots have reached out of the bag will the bag go into the organic mix. This has been a successful formula for me so far.

I have 100% on 5 seeds that were grown by TheNuttyProfessor and entrusted to me to grow out to see what he created. TNP is also growing out some now too. The more we grow out the better chance we have of finding something special.

The seeds are Blue Blood regulars that were crossed with an auto THC Bomb female that was reversed for her pollen.

TNP_first_5.jpg

I have also put into soak 5 more of TNP's seeds in the form of auto THC Bomb crossed with an auto THC Bomb female that was reversed for her pollen. So we should be looking at feminized auto THC Bombs.

THC_Bomb_Auto_seeds.jpg
THC_Bomb_Auto_seeds_soaking.jpg

Hey there MedFarmer,
It appears that I've arrived just in time for the germination party.
:party:

I hope you don't mind me stopping by every now and then to take a peek and follow along with your breeding project.
:nomo:

Hey there MedFarmer,
It appears that I've arrived just in time for the germination party.
:party:

I hope you don't mind me stopping by every now and then to take a peek and follow along with your breeding project.
:nomo:

Subbed. I am in the same boat. Perpetual garden lots of things going on at once!!! :peace:

Welcome guys. I am trying different things along the way to see if I can settle on a killer routine.

These shots show that I have put sharp sand on top of some pots as I noticed a couple of gnats in the tent. But when I watered them afterwards it just seemed to wash the sand away. I don't want to put the sand on too thick so I will probably by-pass this idea. Anyway, I have found that my mite spray formula kills gnats too which is handy. I use 8 drops of rosemary oil with a quick squirt of Dr Bronners Peppermint soap in a litre spray bottle. I love this spray :cheesygrinsmiley:

20150915_163703.jpg

An overhead shot of a couple of Fluxed plants.

20150915_163657.jpg

Looking good man!
:thumb:
Good luck with the fungus gnats. I hate those little buggers!
:goodluck:

How did I miss this lol?? Sorry to be late to the party! Damn your gonna be busy :)

Welcome LA, it is great to have you along especially after all the help you have given me on my 420 ride :love: I will be training on some Autos soon so will be in touch more. Loving that MONSTER Flux you have got going. I want that on my 2 big pot Fluxes in the veggie tent.

Hate is an understatement!
Good luck MedFarmer I'll be on the sideline :blunt:

I've got them beat now BP23, the rosemary oil has them fidgeting about before they stiff-it :party:

Back
Top Bottom