Medic Grow Fold 8 - The Power From Above

Sorry, I took the wrong turn, at the U-turn. :rofl:

I apologize @MedicGrow for the lack of attention to this journal. I was doing a test with some very acidic soil and the effect of the grow on auto's and photo's.

The test when for about 35 days, use a very cheap soil with lots of sticks and bark chips. The problem it causes is bark chip can be very acidic during the decomposition in the soil. Even with more than ample amount of useable PPE and feeding light nutrient they remain very short in statue. Recently, starting to show light signs of calcium deficient.

Conclusion is you can grow a plant in acidic soil, but it hamper the plants overall ability to produce roots. Organic soil or so call organic soil with an abundance of bark will have a direct effect in the plants ability to product roots and overall performances.

The photoperiod was 50/50 one ready struggled to say alive, and the fun thinks is the auto's had the same results. Now I will see if holding back the development on the auto's for 35 days will effect their overall outcome.

This concludes my observation; except for the development of the auto's.

So moving forward with this grow on all four plants have been transplants in a pro-mix given a touch of @DYNOMYCO mycorrhizal inoculants too start rapid generation of the roots mass.
On a side note I also just started four more different strains. That means that my 4x4 will end up with 6 - 5gallon pots, and my 2x2 will have two more in the same pots.

Here are some of my test images and the unboxing and setup of the @MedicGrow Fold 8.

The unboxing.

Let the journey begin.

Stay safe, and grow well my friends,
Tok..

Sorry, just noticed the dates are on the images but they may not be in order?
:kiss:

Well I am back from Ragbrai in Iowa, if you don't know what it is check it out. Unless riding a pedal bike for a 100 miles in one day interest you. Oh yes, I don't think I can handle another one; to hot and to long.

Any way this is a update to show the progress of my little ones and not a advertisement for Ragbrai.

So, I changed out the cheap organic soil, for a brand I bought at the nursery, and it is working out well but I don't remember the name. The only thing is I played to long and the auto's are in flower. I really got to stop playing during my grows and stick to the busy at hand.

First my short auto's

I don't expect a very large yield for the auto's, but I think I can make it up on the photoperiod. I normally grow photo's so I have a few extra one's in.
Next up is the photo's with a Bruce Banger and a OGKZ these are personnel seeds I made a couple years ago.

Now for the new additions to the group.

I had an accident with the WW, I managed to break of the tap root off while changing the soil. What I did was place the stem as far down as I could and treated with Rapid Root. Needless to say she is back and doing well.

So, if you accidentally break off the tap root off on one of your ladies, remember she can be saved.

Tok..

edit: Damn spell check.

Well I am back from Ragbrai in Iowa, if you don't know what it is check it out. Unless riding a pedal bike for a 100 miles in one day interest you. Oh yes, I don't think I can handle another one; to hot and to long.

Any way this is a update to show the progress of my little ones and not a advertisement for Ragbrai.

So, I changed out the cheap organic soil, for a brand I bought at the nursery, and it is working out well but I don't remember the name. The only thing is I played to long and the auto's are in flower. I really got to stop playing during my grows and stick to the busy at hand.

First my short auto's

I don't expect a very large yield for the auto's, but I think I can make it up on the photoperiod. I normally grow photo's so I have a few extra one's in.
Next up is the photo's with a Bruce Banger and a OGKZ these are personnel seeds I made a couple years ago.

Now for the new additions to the group.

So, if you accidentally break off the tap root on one of your ladies, remember she can be saved.

Tok..

edit: Damn spell check.
Last time I sat on a bike it ate my ass off.
Those seats aren't as soft as I remembered. :rofl:
Garden survived, how did you do?

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Well, I am back from the land of Field of Dreams and the Children of the Corn, and now it's time for me to focus on my own Field of Dreams. Now that my schedule has clear up I can get back to growing. So you ask what have I been up to, besides talking to my self? :rofl: Playing? :nerd-with-glasses:

I recently topped my pots off again, it seems like I add soil every time I water, oh well. All the ladies are doing excellent and starting to stake their place in the tent. Photoperiod's are coming into their own getting bigger daily now. I also added another photoperiod with Amnesia; her speed of growth is impressive, she waits for no one.

The auto's are another story they are both short shits, due to my neglect the month of July. They are both are of a darker green shade, which tells me to back of some on the Nitrogen, they are still growing good and transited into flower without a change in the light schedule; which currently is 18/6 @ 60% of the @MedicGrow Fold 8. The height of the Fold -8 is currently at about 32 inches, this will change once I get my current light readings.

To catch everyone up, after I changed the soil out I started using G H nutrient line with the Lucas feed schedule. I have used the formula before and always had excellent results. I currently have so many nutrient lines that I am using all my old stuff up first. I will say that every nutrient line I received from 420 Magazine contest have been superior in quality and performance, and I still have more. :woohoo:

So, watered to run off with a ppm of 660 for the current growth stage. This will change once they tell me what each of them want.

If you are wondering I don't track day's until they are in flower; veg is normally my play time.

Now for the White Widow that had the taproot broke off. She has surprised me with her come back and doing well.

If you noticed Snoop Dog needs some attention, not to worry I will bring her back.

That's about it for now.
I need to make some PH'd 6.0 RO water to get better nutrient uptake.

Tok..

Well, I am back from the land of Field of Dreams and the Children of the Corn, and now it's time for me to focus on my own Field of Dreams. Now that my schedule has clear up I can get back to growing. So you ask what have I been up to, besides talking to my self? :rofl: Playing? :nerd-with-glasses:

I recently topped my pots off again, it seems like I add soil every time I water, oh well. All the ladies are doing excellent and starting to stake their place in the tent. Photoperiod's are coming into their own getting bigger daily now. I also added another photoperiod with Amnesia; her speed of growth is impressive, she waits for no one.

The auto's are another story they are both short shits, due to my neglect the month of July. They are both are of a darker green shade, which tells me to back of some on the Nitrogen, they are still growing good and transited into flower without a change in the light schedule; which currently is 18/6 @ 60% of the @MedicGrow Fold 8. The height of the Fold -8 is currently at about 32 inches, this will change once I get my current light readings.

To catch everyone up, after I changed the soil out I started using G H nutrient line with the Lucas feed schedule. I have used the formula before and always had excellent results. I currently have so many nutrient lines that I am using all my old stuff up first. I will say that every nutrient line I received from 420 Magazine contest have been superior in quality and performance, and I still have more. :woohoo:

So, watered to run off with a ppm of 660 for the current growth stage. This will change once they tell me what each of them want.

If you are wondering I don't track day's until they are in flower; veg is normally my play time.

Now for the White Widow that had the taproot broke off. She has surprised me with her come back and doing well.

If you noticed Snoop Dog needs some attention, not to worry I will bring her back.

That's about it for now.
I need to make some PH'd 6.0 RO water to get better nutrient uptake.

Tok..
If you grow it they will come. :rofl:
Looking good, glad your back.

Stay safe
Bill284

A quick update:

I received my @VIVOSUN clip on fan the other day and it is now install and operating in the tent. Thank you Vivosun the fan is fantastic and the pleasant surprise was it oscillate also. This fan is going to workout great in my tent sending a cool breeze over my ladies.

I water yesterday with plain water till run off and everyone is enjoying life in the tent.

The @MedicGrow Fold -8 is pumping these ladies up, so flowering may not be to far away.
Here's some current images.

Thank you again @VIVOSUN for the clip-on fan, I will put it to good use.

That's all for now, folks.

Tok..

A quick update:

I received my @VIVOSUN clip on fan the other day and it is now install and operating in the tent. Thank you Vivosun the fan is fantastic and the pleasant surprise was it oscillate also. This fan is going to workout great in my tent sending a cool breeze over my ladies.

I water yesterday with plain water till run off and everyone is enjoying life in the tent.

The @MedicGrow Fold -8 is pumping these ladies up, so flowering may not be to far away.
Here's some current images.

Thank you again @VIVOSUN for the clip-on fan, I will put it to good use.

That's all for now, folks.

Tok..
Hey Tok :ciao: hope your well Amigo.
Vivosun looks great.
Garden is wonderful my friend.
Have a great weekend. :thumb:

Stay safe

Time for another update.
The White Widow came back strong after breaking off her tap root. All, I did was to treat it with @DYNOMYCO and planted it deep to get roots established.

The @MedicGrow Fold 8 has been preforming great, even thou she is only on 60% of power. So now my tent had 4 photo's Bruce Banger, Amnesia, OGKZ, White Widow and two auto's a Dosi and Fruit Candy.

That's all for now, I need to go water the auto's

Tok..

Time for another update.
The White Widow came back strong after breaking off her tap root. All, I did was to treat it with @DYNOMYCO and planted it deep to get roots established.

The @MedicGrow Fold 8 has been preforming great, even thou she is only on 60% of power. So now my tent had 4 photo's Bruce Banger, Amnesia, OGKZ, White Widow and two auto's a Dosi and Fruit Candy.

That's all for now, I need to go water the auto's

Tok..
They are really loving that @MedicGrow :yahoo:
Everyone is really happy and healthy. :welldone:
That's coco right?
Take care.

Stay safe

Thanks for stopping by @Bill284 and @HappyHazmat88

No Bill it is not coco, it soil I bought at a nursery.
I did not like how fast the soil was going hydrophobic on me.
So I used wetting agent to break the surface tension.

Surfactants / Wetting Agent

Have you ever watered your plants only to notice that the water does not seem to absorb readily into your soil? Or have you noticed that water tends to pool or puddle in some parts of the soil while other areas remain dry? These are common issues associated with the hydrophobic – or “water-repelling” – aspects of many soils. It may seem counterintuitive to think of soil repelling water, but if you’ve noticed any of the above issues, this is likely to be contributing to the cause.

What is it?

Hydrophobic soils repel water, and the water runs off the surface or simply pools and does not absorb water. It is a common problem with sandy soils, but it can affect other types of soil that are not watered regularly or are compacted. If there has been a dry spell and your plant has not been watered, you can carry out an experiment to check whether the soil is water repellent. Try pouring water on the surface of the soil. If the soil does not suck in water quickly, it may be hydrophobic.

Hydrophobic soils are caused by the decomposition of organic materials forming a waxy substance that clogs the soil particles. Hydrophobic soils are common in Australia. The hot climate and unreliable rainfall cause damage to the soil. After long periods of dry weather, the soil can become dehydrated, which exposes the hydrophobic surface that makes it difficult for water to penetrate. Luckily, this issue is easy to fix. Instead of wasting water or nutrients, you need to correct this problem with the use of a wetting agent.

Why do we need it?

Thankfully, this is one watering problem that has a very simple solution! “Wetting Agents” are natural surfactants, which are substances that lower the surface tension of water molecules, allowing them to spread more evenly and to be absorbed more efficiently. Wetting Agent also acts as an emulsifier, helping those same water molecules to carry and distribute your fertilizers and other soil additives more effectively.

I normally only do this when there is a need, about once or twice a grow. Pay attention to your soil and you will know if you need one.

Benefits of Using Wetting Agent

Adding Wetting Agent Natural Emulsifier + Surfactant to a foliar IPM or fertilizer routine has a number of benefits for your soil, including:

Increased soil absorption rate

Reduction of soil’s hydrophobic tendencies.

Reduced likelihood of liquid pooling or channeling unevenly across your soil.

Improved air-to-water ratio within your soil, ensuring adequate oxygenation for beneficial microbial development.

Improving your soil’s absorption rate ensures the entirety of your soil is optimally nourished for root development. This results in a number of benefits to plant development, including:

Plants are able to access and utilize vital nutrients most effectively, further strengthening their roots.

Strong plants are happy plants! Plants with robust root development are less stressed…

And finally, an overall reduction in plants’ stress is associated with these additional benefits to crop production:

Increased crop quantity

Improved crop quality

Increased resiliency to the elements, and

Increased protection from detrimental bacteria and invasive organisms!

Tok..

Thanks for stopping by @Bill284 and @HappyHazmat88

No Bill it is not coco, it soil I bought at a nursery.
I did not like how fast the soil was going hydrophobic on me.
So I used wetting agent to break the surface tension.

Surfactants / Wetting Agent

Have you ever watered your plants only to notice that the water does not seem to absorb readily into your soil? Or have you noticed that water tends to pool or puddle in some parts of the soil while other areas remain dry? These are common issues associated with the hydrophobic – or “water-repelling” – aspects of many soils. It may seem counterintuitive to think of soil repelling water, but if you’ve noticed any of the above issues, this is likely to be contributing to the cause.

What is it?

Hydrophobic soils repel water, and the water runs off the surface or simply pools and does not absorb water. It is a common problem with sandy soils, but it can affect other types of soil that are not watered regularly or are compacted. If there has been a dry spell and your plant has not been watered, you can carry out an experiment to check whether the soil is water repellent. Try pouring water on the surface of the soil. If the soil does not suck in water quickly, it may be hydrophobic.

Hydrophobic soils are caused by the decomposition of organic materials forming a waxy substance that clogs the soil particles. Hydrophobic soils are common in Australia. The hot climate and unreliable rainfall cause damage to the soil. After long periods of dry weather, the soil can become dehydrated, which exposes the hydrophobic surface that makes it difficult for water to penetrate. Luckily, this issue is easy to fix. Instead of wasting water or nutrients, you need to correct this problem with the use of a wetting agent.

Why do we need it?

Thankfully, this is one watering problem that has a very simple solution! “Wetting Agents” are natural surfactants, which are substances that lower the surface tension of water molecules, allowing them to spread more evenly and to be absorbed more efficiently. Wetting Agent also acts as an emulsifier, helping those same water molecules to carry and distribute your fertilizers and other soil additives more effectively.

I normally only do this when there is a need, about once or twice a grow. Pay attention to your soil and you will know if you need one.

Benefits of Using Wetting Agent

Adding Wetting Agent Natural Emulsifier + Surfactant to a foliar IPM or fertilizer routine has a number of benefits for your soil, including:

Increased soil absorption rate

Reduction of soil’s hydrophobic tendencies.

Reduced likelihood of liquid pooling or channeling unevenly across your soil.

Improved air-to-water ratio within your soil, ensuring adequate oxygenation for beneficial microbial development.

Improving your soil’s absorption rate ensures the entirety of your soil is optimally nourished for root development. This results in a number of benefits to plant development, including:

Plants are able to access and utilize vital nutrients most effectively, further strengthening their roots.

Strong plants are happy plants! Plants with robust root development are less stressed…

And finally, an overall reduction in plants’ stress is associated with these additional benefits to crop production:

Increased crop quantity

Improved crop quality

Increased resiliency to the elements, and

Increased protection from detrimental bacteria and invasive organisms!

Tok..
I use this every couple weeks.
Any good?
It's from a sponsor.

Stay safe

20220817_144929.jpg

20220817_144919.jpg

@Bill284 I have not used this brand, but I am sure there is scientific research behind it.

I do old school, KIS.

I use a two gallon sprayer (I have two) when I do soil and when I notices the water retaining on the surface; I add about 4 or 5 drops of Dawn dish soap to the water or nutrients solution.
How do you add 4 or 5 drops; good question; just turn the bottle upside down for a moment is normally enough. Don't force it just let it follow.

Just keep an eye on the Ph.

@Bill284 I have not used this brand, but I am sure there is scientific research behind it.

I do old school, KIS.

I use a two gallon sprayer (I have two) when I do soil and when I notices the water retaining on the surface; I add about 4 or 5 drops of Dawn dish soap to the water or nutrients solution.
How do you add 4 or 5 drops; good question; just turn the bottle upside down for a moment is normally enough. Don't force it just let it follow.

Just keep an eye on the Ph.
Old school as it gets. :thumb:
It was a sponsored product so I've been using it.;)
Thanks Tok.
Have a good evening.

Stay safe

I was just checking on my current ladies and 5 of them will be going into flower this weekend. I will be watering again this weekend and I will make the change. The only one that is not ready for flower is the White Widow. Which, is understandable since I broke off the tap root, but she will be ready in a couple of weeks by herself.

I started training the OGKZ the other day and and today I started training on the Amnesia. It's going to get busy in there real soon. I feel like I am in my element, when the ladies have my full attention.

Here are some current images:

Time to clean her up for the show.

The fun is about to begin.

Tok..

I was just checking on my current ladies and 5 of them will be going into flower this weekend. I will be watering again this weekend and I will make the change. The only one that is not ready for flower is the White Widow. Which, is understandable since I broke off the tap root, but she will be ready in a couple of weeks by herself.

I started training the OGKZ the other day and and today I started training on the Amnesia. It's going to get busy in there real soon. I feel like I am in my element, when the ladies have my full attention.

Here are some current images:

Time to clean her up for the show.

The fun is about to begin.

Tok..
Hey Tok :ciao: garden looks great today.
Hope your having a good day.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Thanks for stopping by @Bill284

I need to move this grow along, so I can get ready for a 4x4 scrog net. I plan on trying for a maximum yield in my 4x4. I will be selecting and dropping a seed for this soon. I figure I would go with a 7 week veg to fill the tent to it's max. Hopefully, she will be ready for the New Year eve.
4x4 1 plant, 7 weeks I'm intrigued.
I've always wanted to do a single and just see what I could get.
Never had the room though.
Hope it goes well, I'll be here new years eve for a smoke report. ;)
Take care my friend.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom