Medic Grow Fold 8 - The Power From Above

As you may know and if you don't know; I was the lucky member to win the Medic Grow Fold 8.

This journal will come into play as soon as my other two grows are finished. Which will be soon.

This is the largest LED I have had the opportunity to play with. But, first the important detail about this amazing light and what it can do for me in my 4x4 tent.

Fold-8 Medic Grow Full Spectrum 720W LED Grow Lights for Indoor Plants - 110-277V

Providing 4 x 4 ft. for both vegetative and flower, our Fold 8 LED grow light for indoor plants supports all stages of the plant's growing lifecycle, whether used in a tent for personal growers or chained together with up to 75 pcs of fixtures in a large commercial operation.

This indoor plant grow light has the popular design of 8 lighting bars focused on distributing more light as even as possible across the plant canopy. Plus, this LED grow light offers V1 fully programmable spectrum to adapt to each phase of the plant cycle. High efficacy of 2.7 µmol/j and up to 720 wattage power consumption contribute to higher efficiency growing operation.

The PPFD for this light is also quite impressive, 1385 µmol/s at 12” distance and 1056 µmol/s at 24”. That's enough to boost your plant's yield according to a 20-40 mole of light per day requirement. Besides that, it is dimmable from 100% to 40% so you may easily adjust the intensity of the light for the veg and flowering phases.

Our latest LED grow lights for indoor plants suit many kinds of growing operations. If you're looking for full-spectrum LED lights to use indoors or for commercial growing, this is one of the most cost-effective and efficient products on the market.

Features:​

4X4 Coverage​

Full Spectrum - from seed to harvest.
High PPF - 1944μmol/s
Daisy Chainable - up to 75 lights
Dimmable - OFF- 40%-60%-80%-100%
180°Foldable Easy Installation - plug & play
True 720w Power Consumption

1653665051621.png

1653665352380.png

1653665389251.png

1653665413676.png

Needless to say, but I will anyways, this light has a lot of power so it may be awhile before I crack her up to 720 watts.
I can already get over a pound a plant from 300 watt; so I guess this is going to be a fair yield. This reason why I said that is because I will be using my own seeds.

I am planning on two in California super soil and organic w/compost (black cow) in the other two. I want to see how super soil competes with an organic soil. No LOS this grow but it is coming.

I have also, upgrade my ventilation from 4" to 6" for the additional heat expected from the light.

The seeds I selected from my seed boxes are as follows:

1. OGKZ from HSO Fem F/F 58-63

2. G-13 Labs Seeds - Auto Dosi 65-75

3. Bruce Banger Seedsman Fem 65-70

4. V Elementum Candy Fruit Auto. 49-63

I am not going to give a lot of detail on the strains expect, I have grown OGKZ and Bruce Banger and thought I would throw in some auto's also. One auto will be in super soil and the other in the organic/compost mix. The intent is to grow these without nutrients. More detail on this to come.

1653665301937.png

As you may know and if you don't know; I was the lucky member to win the Medic Grow Fold 8.

This journal will come into play as soon as my other two grows are finished. Which will be soon.

This is the largest LED I have had the opportunity to play with. But, first the important detail about this amazing light and what it can do for me in my 4x4 tent.

Fold-8 Medic Grow Full Spectrum 720W LED Grow Lights for Indoor Plants - 110-277V

Providing 4 x 4 ft. for both vegetative and flower, our Fold 8 LED grow light for indoor plants supports all stages of the plant's growing lifecycle, whether used in a tent for personal growers or chained together with up to 75 pcs of fixtures in a large commercial operation.

This indoor plant grow light has the popular design of 8 lighting bars focused on distributing more light as even as possible across the plant canopy. Plus, this LED grow light offers V1 fully programmable spectrum to adapt to each phase of the plant cycle. High efficacy of 2.7 µmol/j and up to 720 wattage power consumption contribute to higher efficiency growing operation.

The PPFD for this light is also quite impressive, 1385 µmol/s at 12” distance and 1056 µmol/s at 24”. That's enough to boost your plant's yield according to a 20-40 mole of light per day requirement. Besides that, it is dimmable from 100% to 40% so you may easily adjust the intensity of the light for the veg and flowering phases.

Our latest LED grow lights for indoor plants suit many kinds of growing operations. If you're looking for full-spectrum LED lights to use indoors or for commercial growing, this is one of the most cost-effective and efficient products on the market.

4X4 Coverage​

High PPF - 1944μmol/s

1653665051621.png

1653665352380.png

1653665389251.png

1653665413676.png

Needless to say, but I will anyways, this light has a lot of power so it may be awhile before I crack her up to 720 watts.
I can already get over a pound a plant from 300 watt; so I guess this is going to be a fair yield. This reason why I said that is because I will be using my own seeds.

I am planning on two in California super soil and organic w/compost (black cow) in the other two. I want to see how super soil competes with an organic soil. No LOS this grow but it is coming.

I have also, upgrade my ventilation from 4" to 6" for the additional heat expected from the light.

I am not going to give a lot of detail on the strains expect, I have grown OGKZ and Bruce Banger and thought I would throw in some auto's also. One auto will be in super soil and the other in the organic/compost mix. The intent is to grow these without nutrients. More detail on this to come.

1653665301937.png
Good morning Tok :ciao: hope your having a great weekend.
I'm in.:popcorn:

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do with that light.

First, I want to thank everyone that stopped by @Growings , @Bill284 , @Buds Buddy , @LKABudMan, and @Skunksta

I thought you had one of these lights.
Hanging it and using the dimmer was my thoughts also.

Did you ever use the full 720 watts of power?
Yes, after the stretch I did. until then it was on about 80% - 85% most the grow. I did 9 plants in 3 gal. pots with it.

I placed the two fem's in water and have been playing in the dirt. Two 5 gallon pots filled with organic soil mixed with cow manure compost (Black Cow) at about a 20 to 25% ratio and One 5 gallon pot with California Super soil (1 pound per pot), I need to make one more up.

I bought 5lbs of Neem Seeds Meal incase there is a need for some tea; otherwise this is a water grow.

Just a little update.

All four seeds have germinated and are placed it root cubies.
I will take some images when they sprout from the cubies.

Bags are prep'ed, filled and ready to receive a new occupant
I think it is going to be interesting to see how they compare to each other.
I am sure that this has been done before, but I want to know.

The California super soil is appose to be close to LOS, we will see.

I expect all 4 to break thought their respective cubies in the next couple days.

Stay safe, and grow well my friends,
Tok..

I really did not get in to detail about the soil, I will be using for this grow.

Let's get the painful part out of the way first. The soil is less than 3.00 dollars for a 40 lbs. bag, cheap organic. I want to know if the two ways I am growing makes a difference in what I added to the soil.

Two 5 gallons bags have the soil and a compost/manure mixture (Black Cow) mixed in. Just water for three months.

Two bags with have the same cheap soil with 2 cup of California Super soil layered 1/3 the way up the pot, and will also get nothing but water for three months.

After 3 month, I have Neem Seed Meal for tea, to finish her up.

So that's the current plan and subject to change. :rofl:

Wow, I have been busy and have neglected this grow journal. I apologize for that.

With my new @MedicGrow 8 fold, 720 watts of goodness I received from Medic Grow (Thank You, again), I had to upgrade my ventilation to a 6" inch system. I finally got everything together, so it's time to move forward with this grow.

The ventilation is installed and the light is hung. The light is tight in a 4x4 tent, but what can I say, I wanted full coverage and now I have it. I believe this LED will take a little time, to be able to get the full efficiency from it, and I dough I will have a need any time soon to push her up to full power. I think about 80% or 640 watts or so, is excellent for a 4x4 tent. Time/buds will tell.

I mistakenly let my wife water the girls one time when I was gone and now I am dealing with a slight over watering issue, but nothing that can't be corrected.

I will try to get some images up shortly.

Tok..

4X4 Coverage​

High PPF - 1944μmol/s

1653665051621.png

1653665352380.png

1653665389251.png

1653665413676.png

1653665301937.png
Looking forward to see your harvest

Sorry, I took the wrong turn, at the U-turn. :rofl:

I apologize @MedicGrow for the lack of attention to this journal. I was doing a test with some very acidic soil and the effect of the grow on auto's and photo's.

The test when for about 35 days, use a very cheap soil with lots of sticks and bark chips. The problem it causes is bark chip can be very acidic during the decomposition in the soil. Even with more than ample amount of useable PPE and feeding light nutrient they remain very short in statue. Recently, starting to show light signs of calcium deficient.

Conclusion is you can grow a plant in acidic soil, but it hamper the plants overall ability to produce roots. Organic soil or so call organic soil with an abundance of bark will have a direct effect in the plants ability to product roots and overall performances.

The photoperiod was 50/50 one ready struggled to say alive, and the fun thinks is the auto's had the same results. Now I will see if holding back the development on the auto's for 35 days will effect their overall outcome.

This concludes my observation; except for the development of the auto's.

So moving forward with this grow on all four plants have been transplants in a pro-mix given a touch of @DYNOMYCO mycorrhizal inoculants too start rapid generation of the roots mass.
On a side note I also just started four more different strains. That means that my 4x4 will end up with 6 - 5gallon pots, and my 2x2 will have two more in the same pots.

Here are some of my test images and the unboxing and setup of the @MedicGrow Fold 8.

The unboxing.

Let the journey begin.

Tok..

Sorry, just noticed the dates are on the images but they may not be in order?

Great setup my friend.
BUT cant lie myself im not a fan of any sort of dome on a seedling.
Soon as its broken ground.
Expecting to see some monster buds with this light ;)

Back
Top Bottom