Medical Grow

I guess the DEA has to do something with that 70 billion $ a year budget. And that's with a "B" folks....

BTW Doc Bud, nice Medical Grow!

Well, if nothing else, the United States Drug Enforcement Administration is predictable.

DEA says it will make ‘fake pot’ products illegal
via The Fort Worth Star Telegram

Within 30 days, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration will criminalize the possession and sale of “fake pot” products and the chemicals they contain for at least a year while it considers whether to ban them permanently.

The DEA announced Wednesday that it will temporarily control five chemicals used in products such as “K2″ and “Spice,” as well as the products themselves, according to a press release from the agency.

In 30 days the agency will publish a final notice making the products illegal for at least one year, with the possibility of a six-month extension while the Department of Health and Human Services studies whether the chemicals should be permanently controlled, according to the release.

And from the DEA’s official press release: The United States Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) is using its emergency scheduling authority to temporarily control five chemicals (JWH-018, JWH-073, JWH-200, CP-47,497, and cannabicyclohexanol) used to make “fake pot” products. Except as authorized by law, this action will make possessing and selling these chemicals or the products that contain them illegal in the U.S. for at least one year while the DEA and the United States Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) further study whether these chemicals and products should be permanently controlled.

That said, the growing popularity of products are a predictable outgrowth of criminal marijuana prohibition. As prohibition is apt to do, it has driven the production of a commodity into the hands of unregulated, unknown dealers, driven up the potency of the commodity, and in doing so created a scenario where the consumer is faced with a potentially greater health risks than they would be had they simply had the legal choice to use the product they actually desired, in this case cannabis.

Given that most manufacturers of these products are overseas and not subject to U.S. laws and regulations, it is unlikely that the DEA’s action will in any way halt the dissemination, use, or misuse of these products by the public. Most likely, the DEA’s clamp down will likely only make the situation more dangerous — from both a legal standpoint and from a health standpoint — to the consumer.

I guess the DEA just never learns.

That said, the growing popularity of products are a predictable outgrowth of criminal marijuana prohibition. As prohibition is apt to do, it has driven the production of a commodity into the hands of unregulated, unknown dealers, driven up the potency of the commodity, and in doing so created a scenario where the consumer is faced with a potentially greater health risks than they would be had they simply had the legal choice to use the product they actually desired, in this case cannabis.

This paragraph gives the astute observer a road map to the future.
Because of prohibition and the artificial bubble in the price of pot it entails, the following has happened:

1.)growing for yield first, quality second
2.)growing for potency first, taste second
3.)breeding for yield and potency first....taste second

Of course, the way forward is quite clear....taste first, potency a distant second, and yield being inconsequential! When it's legal, we don't really care about yield, do we? Just grow a dozen more plants to increase the yield.

Potency? Who wants to fall down after one hit when you can enjoy a whole joint with friends and the very act of smoking it is nothing but a pleasure to the senses?

Delicious, aromatic pot that can be enjoyed like fine wine is the future people! No one buys a wine based on how much alcohol percentage it features....it's all about the subtle tastes and pairing it with food, etc.

Would you rather drink Everclear or a 100 year old single malt scotch?

Old English Malt liquor or a superb ale?

These government fuckers have ruined our product! Time to take it back.

acehardware.com, on the front page, has a 50% off coupon for 11/27 for in-store purchases under $30.

However, $9.99 for a 4 lb. bag of Bio-Tone starter plus is more expensive than I've seen it at every store around here, even with the 15% off...

The OC+ at 17.99 with the 15% discount is still only slightly less than I pay for it in stores around here too.

I've been pimping Acehardware.com but I hope nobody thinks I'm claiming they're the cheapest. However if you can't find stuff locally and they have it, when you factor in the free shipping they can be a good deal.

Hey, Doc. I've seen you on here recommending hempy buckets and OC+ a bunch so I've been thumbing through your threads. There's a Ton of information but it's spread out all over the place. My wife's treating to F*** me up if I don't stop hogging the computer soon, so my question is: What is your feeding regimen like. I'm guessing you just put your OC in the bottom 2" of the bucket before you add your plant. Is this right? Also, how much OC do you add? Do you just add the amount recommended on the box/bag?

Hey, Doc. I've seen you on here recommending hempy buckets and OC+ a bunch so I've been thumbing through your threads. There's a Ton of information but it's spread out all over the place. My wife's treating to F*** me up if I don't stop hogging the computer soon, so my question is: What is your feeding regimen like. I'm guessing you just put your OC in the bottom 2" of the bucket before you add your plant. Is this right? Also, how much OC do you add? Do you just add the amount recommended on the box/bag?

Hey Air In researching OC+ I found this page Osmocote Plus - Standard - 903206

Click on product sheet to get dosage info

you should mix it throughout the medium is what I have read from others as well as Doc

Just add more than you need to. Double the amount recommended is fine. You'll really only have trouble if you have too little.

Of course, this is assuming that your grow environment is dialed in.

I'm guessing you just put your OC in the bottom 2" of the bucket before you add your plant. Is this right?

Welcome to hempyworld airavata!

The bottom of the bucket should be 2 inches of perlite, nothing else. Then the hole. Above the hole is where you want to mix in all or most of your oc+. I put a bunch just above the hole, more in the middle where I was expecting the transplanted roots to be, and some top dressed in one small area which is where I water. Hope this helps.

Welcome to hempyworld airavata!

The bottom of the bucket should be 2 inches of perlite, nothing else. Then the hole. Above the hole is where you want to mix in all or most of your oc+. I put a bunch just above the hole, more in the middle where I was expecting the transplanted roots to be, and some top dressed in one small area which is where I water. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the pointer, Bluedog. What's the reason for not putting fertilizer below the hole though?

Thanks for the pointer, Bluedog. What's the reason for not putting fertilizer below the hole though?

Well I know one good reason is that the prills may get smashed and then release all of their nutes. Also, below the hole is where the water will be sitting, I believe you want the water to flow over the prills instead of having them sit in it.

Good place to post this though, Doc is the man when it comes to OC+ (among other things)!

:peace:

Marley

RE prill in the bottom of the hempy bucket. It's ok....many of them will find their way down there eventually....but you want your roots to get some food before they lick the bottom of the bucket! Put em in the moist zone just above the hole. (that sounds funny) :ganjamon:

this will be one of the last photo updates in this journal!

The Jack Herer is dried and is curing. Same with the OG, ATF and all but two of the Blackberry. I gave some samples to a handful of local pro growers and they were all very complimentary....said it made my previous grows look like shit. They kept smoking it, one hit after the other.....they liked it! That's a good sign.

So, I've got 2 Blackberries, 3 Blue Cheese, 2 Bubba Kush and 1 Violator Kush left to harvest. Here are some pics:

I should have let the whole lot of blackberries go 2 weeks longer. The triches keep forming, they keep getting purple, and keep getting fatter! Still at about 10% amber.

IMG_13175.JPG

IMG_13186.JPG

IMG_13213.JPG

This Blue Cheese was started on 12/12 one month after the one below, which was vegged for 3 weeks. They are finishing together.
IMG_13206.JPG

IMG_13194.JPG

I've never let them go yellow like this before. It's because the temps are down to about 72 with the lights on and as low as 59 with the lights out. I am certain it's decreasing my yield....but I'm also thinking the buds are tastier and have better bag appeal.

Anyhow, things are getting weighed out cured for medical use. New seeds coming online soon!

Very sex buds Doc, Bag appeal for sure, i would buy some:welldone:

hey whats ur thoughts on the Jack Herer? i am about to pic up some clones soon of it i think? Ive grown jack crosses before but not pure Jack Herer. but i think its either that or blue Dream, how the yield on these since u have grown them before? also how long did it take for the jack to finish? any info or pics would be bad ass.

great job on the smoke, that purple is off the hook, very nice :bravo:

Defently looks nice man!
Thanks!

Very sex buds Doc, Bag appeal for sure, i would buy some:welldone:

hey whats ur thoughts on the Jack Herer? i am about to pic up some clones soon of it i think? Ive grown jack crosses before but not pure Jack Herer. but i think its either that or blue Dream, how the yield on these since u have grown them before? also how long did it take for the jack to finish? any info or pics would be bad ass.

great job on the smoke, that purple is off the hook, very nice :bravo:

Both yield pretty well....the Blue Dream I think a little more. But I grew the BD in hempy and the Jack in soil....so maybe they're pretty close in yield.

Anyhow, thanks for stopping by.

Great grows man!

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom