Medical Marijuana Activists Get 5 Years Each

Herb Fellow

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - An El Dorado County couple were sentenced to five years in federal prison Wednesday for growing and selling marijuana, U.S. Attorney McGregor Scott said.

Dr. Marion "Mollie" Fry, and her husband, Dale Schafer, were convicted in August.

Fry and Schafer were charged with growing and selling in their hometown of Cool.

They claim they were acting under state law.

Schafer said his wife was targeted by the federal government after she prescribed marijuana to patients under the Compassionate Use Act of 1996.

Fry, who was diagnosed with breast cancer, said she used marijuana to treat the side effects that were a result of her chemotherapy sessions.

Can anyone who has breath in them honestly say this is justice? I am sick over this! We need to unite to help these people out of this crap!
We need to organize a protest and ask the president of the USA to reduce their sentance to probation or dismissed better yet! How can the people of the state of california allow what we have been told by our own law enforcement is legal, to let fellow californians go to prison? This is not just punishment people, this is severe for anyone that is not a hardened crimanal. How could our president allow this to happen?
How can we get our message to the president so he can know this is not what the people of this country want? If we dont do this for them, who will and how can we as fellow humans live with ourselves while they sit in prison.
Does anyone even know what prison is and how bad it is?
I am telling you they are not the type people that do well in the joint.
We need to pray for them and continue fighting for them untill they are free, or at least out of prison because it seems you really can not be free out here any ways! This reminds me of communisom. can anyone else see it?
This is not justice by a long shot people!:thedoubletake:

Hey Herbfellow, do you think our govenator will do anything? If we got enough signatures he would have to or face public humiliation . This guy is the govenator that terminates very much needed school programs while he cummutes back and forth in a private jet from LA to his office in sacramento at the peoples exspense! I don't know where he stands on MMJ but anyone who takes away from kids while feeding their fat ass needes to be terminated.
I don't think he will do squat on his own so it will take a lot of people yelling at his doorstep night and day to make it happen.
Who is going to head this off? I will need some support so my family can eat and survive while I am out doing whats needed to be done.

This is something that needs Californians to generate the pressure on the governor. After all, it is Californians that put the governor in office and can take him out. Arnold needs to be challenged on whether he represents the citizens of his state or Bush. Start your petition; make copies and send to other mmj patients and pro cannabis activist; get people to sign a petition at public events; organize a rally; begin a letter writing campaign; write letters to the editor. I will help you with what I can, but I don't know how much weight someone who doesn't live in California will carry. Keep us informed on your progress.

I am gonna sit down in the morning and write a letter asking the govenator to reduce the dr and her hubbys sentance to probation, maximum because it is state law that gave them the rights to do this and since our govenator is in stewardship over the people of california and has the right to commute their sentance he should do so imediately in the name of justice to show the people of california that he is our govenator, not bush's termanator!
Don't worry it wont quite be worded that way!
I need support for this. anyone want to help?
Timmothy Shamblin
3129 trussel way 37
sacramento, ca. 95864
I will write the letter and post it here tomorrow so you guys can proof read it, make comments, edit etc. etc.
I have not done this before but then doctor fry and her hubby has never been to the joint either so I can do this for them the best I can do!
Let Freedom Rule!

Back
Top Bottom