Medical Marijuana: Dangerous and Addicting? No Medical Evidence!

Weedpipe

420 Member
Readers maybe startled to read this title as I was when it was scathingly thrown at me at a Kangaroo Court by the Oregon Medical Board – FBI (Foolish Beyond Ignorance). I couldn’t believe my ears.

I couldn’t believe my eyes either as I saw some ten members of the Oregon Medical Board sit there like dunces with their pointy hats ostensibly believing and agreeing with every word of the Board Chairman Dr. Frank Spokas of Ontario, Oregon. Other members of the board seemed to be sitting there dumbly taking this all in.

Dr. Spokas was just starting on me. The Medical Board had been harassing me for about 20 years. First of all I was taking care of Chronic Pain patients.

I thought that’s what doctors were supposed to do. I earlier was a protégé of two internationally known & respected “pain doctors”. Both of whom lectured that a doctors first priority was relieving pain. The Board said no, “give them anti-depressants”. It will make them so goofy they may not feel pain. (Besides that, “the pain is just in their heads”.)

At any rate, they called me on the carpet for mistreatment and negligence of 6 patients:
The first was a 55-year old lady employee of the Fish & Wildlife Department (FWD) where she had worked 20 years at a fish hatchery doing all sorts of hard work. She had injured her back in an auto accident and had been prescribed Oxycodone, Valium, Vicodin, Trazadone, etc.

She found cannabis/marijuana gave better relief and she used it only at night to sleep. The FWD just started urine testing and of course she was positive. She did have a State M.J. permit/card.

The FWD went up in smoke. How dare she use cannabis/marijuana? They sent me a long questionnaire inquiring if it were safe for her and fellow employees to work with her if she were “intoxicated” with MJ on the job. She had been doing it 20 years with no problems so I said Yes, Yes, Yes. The Medical Board went into high dudgen – “we’re going to get Leveque for this outrageous negligence and harming patients”. I was further accused of “letting the patients tell me how much & how often they used it”. In medical terms THAT IS CALLED PATIENTS HISTORY which is a requirement for good practice.

The next patient was most probably a 34-year old VA PTSD patient with a history “of psychosis, hallucinations, multiple admissions to the VA Hospital with non-compliance with their drug regimen’s”.

He had been given Oxycontin, Oxycodone, Vicodin, Morphine, Percocet, Ambien, Elavil, Trazadone & NSAIDS. He had used MJ for three years and found it better than the other VA junk.

The Board went into orbit on this one. How dare I mistreat a Veteran VA patient whom they were trying to make into an opiate addict.

The third patient, a 45-year old male, had been prescribed Oxycontin, Oxycodone, Percodan, Percocet, Valium, Vicodin, Trazadone and Lateron Prozac, Paxil, etc.

His primary care doctor, a G.P. but not a psychiatrist said he had “schizo-attective disorder”, mood disorders, alcohol dependence, polysubstance abuse, dependency history, Hepatitis C, high blood pressure, hypo-thyroidism, emphysema, degenerative disc disease and asthma. He had been admitted to Lake District Hospital with suicidal ideations, major depression, anxiety, organic brain syndrome with psychosis chronic pain syndrome.

His primary care doctor would not help him get an MJ permit because he didn’t “have a debilitating illness or terminal illness and he didn’t need marijuana for his problems”.

The patient found me and told me he had used MJ with good relief for 3 years and his probation officer told him to get a MJ permit. I had no hesitation about this. His doctor complained to the Board that “I was stealing his patient and doping him up and costing him money”. Obviously, the junk he was prescribed didn’t do him any good.

The Board went into the stratosphere and repeated “lets get Leveque” three times on this one.

This will give readers an idea of how dangerous and addicting cannabis/marijuana is and how misinformed and schizophrenic the Oregon Medical Board is. They are PROUD of their ignorance OBVIOUSLY.

Three thousand doctors are signing up patients. I am the ONLY dangerous one.

Dr. Phillip Leveque has degrees in chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology, toxicology and minors in physiology and biochemistry. He was a Professor of Pharmacology, employed by the University of London for 20 years, during which time he trained the first doctors in Tanzania. After training doctors, he became an Osteopathic Physician, as well as a Forensic Toxicologist.

Before any of that, Phil Leveque was a Combat Infantryman in the U.S. Army in WWII. He suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder more than 60 years after the war, and specialized in treating Veterans with PTSD during his years as a doctor in Molalla, Oregon.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Salem-News.com
Author: Dr. Phil Leveque
Contact: Salem-News.Com News from Salem Oregon and the surrounding region.
Copyright: Copyright © 2009 Salem-News.com
Website:Medical Marijuana: Dangerous and Addicting? No Medical Evidence! - Salem-News.Com

This is ridiculous..what a bunch of jerks, especially the doctor complaining about losing money on all those prescriptions

we all know that is the one and only reason the doctors are afraid of pot. They will lose money ( and prestige) because they will no longer be looked upon as gods, but now they are seen as greedy pill pushers (a legal drug dealer)(and not even good drugs at that) which is just one more slap in the face.

Back
Top Bottom