Medical Marijuana Patient Daisy Bram To Be Arraigned Feb 20 In Tehama County

Truth Seeker

"Oh, my God! My baby! My baby! My baby!," howled Daisy Bram, 30, as her children were removed by Butte County child welfare officials in a September 29, 2011 raid on the rural Concow, CA home Daisy Bram shared with her partner, medical marijuana cultivator Jayme Walsh.

In California, consumption, possession, and cultivation of marijuana are legal with the medical documentation that Bram and Walsh possess regarding their pain management and mental health conditions, respectively. Despite their medical marijuana patient status, both Bram and Walsh have been charged with felony marijuana possession and possession with intent to sell for the 38-plant medical cannabis garden found at their Butte County home. Child endangerment and child abuse charges stemmed from the marijuana found in the home with children present, as well as Daisy's consumption of cannabis while breastfeeding.

On the 2011 police raid audiotape, the distraught mother wailed: "They took my baby! How is he going to eat? He's only three weeks old!" Daisy Bram's breastfeeding baby was 28 days old at the time. Daisy's newborn and his 18-month-old brother Thor spent six months in foster care before she regained custody. She missed Thor's first haircut and her children were medicated against her will. Shortly after the birth of their third child in late 2012, the family moved out of Butte County to Red Bluff, CA.

In a tragic repeat of the first police raid, on January 22, 2013, Tehama County officials arrested Bram and Walsh and placed two-year-old Thor, 16-month-old Zeus, and 3-month-old Invictus in foster care. As a result of the new raid in a new county, Daisy faces additional criminal charges for marijuana and has lost her children to the state for a second time. Upon her release, Bram pointed out that officials scheduled their raid for the day before a court hearing about the terms of her release for the Butte County medical marijuana case.

On February 20, 2013, Daisy Bram will be arraigned on criminal charges for the 53-plant marijuana garden reportedly found by investigator Eric Clay in the January 2013 raid. Daisy has been without her children as well as any means of transportation since January 29, 2013, when officers seized her 2002 Ford Explorer in the parking lot as she arrived for a family court appearance, alleging that the vehicle was purchased with drug money.

The National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) Women's Alliance has publicly supported Daisy in the media as well as the courts. The NORML Women's Alliance of Butte County filed a lawsuit on March 9, 2012 demanding a Grand Jury investigation into Butte County's child welfare practices last year. Los Angeles NORML Women's Alliance community leader Cheri Sicard has declared, "We are extremely concerned when the state uses a mother's legal status as patient against her in order to rip the children out of her arms and place them in foster care. That is simply not acceptable."

According to Daisy, "The state should not be able to enter anyone's home, abduct the family, severely traumatize the young children, and do so with public tax dollars." She continues, "It defies logic if you think of a mother consuming cannabis and breast-feeding facing a child abuse charge." Joe Grumbine of medical cannabis court support organization The Human Solution (420 MAGAZINE) is concerned that "Butte County and now Tehama County seem determined to not only vilify this young mother of three because of her medical use of cannabis, but seem bent on stripping her children from her for good" by placing them up for adoption. Daisy told The Human Solution, "My children were healthy and happy before they were grabbed from my arms. Now they are bruised, scratched and not clothed appropriately. My son has a black eye and another has a chipped tooth...I need to get my babies back."

Author and cannabis cultivation expert Ed Rosenthal continues to fundraise on Daisy Bram's behalf via his Green Aid legal defense fund (Green Aid: The Medical Marijuana Legal Defense and Education Fund). Criminal defense attorney Michael Levinsohn is representing Daisy Bram pro bono in both Butte County and Tehama County, but funds are required to hire expert witnesses as well as cover potential bail costs. According to Ed Rosenthal, Daisy "is devastated by the loss [of her children] and fully cooperating with Child Protective Services in an effort to have the children placed back in her custody." Daisy no longer uses cannabis and is legally separated from Jayme Walsh, who also faces marijuana charges in both Butte and Tehama counties.

Iconic freedom fighter Daisy "FreeMyBabies" Bram has requested court support at her Wednesday, February 20, 2013 criminal arraignment on ten charges including cultivation of marijuana, possession of marijuana for sale, and child abuse. The arraignment is scheduled for 8:05 AM at the Tehama County Courthouse, 633 Washington St., Red Bluff, CA 96080. Daisy is in jeopardy of being remanded into custody at the February 20th arraignment and her attorney says bail, if granted, could be as high as $100,000.

Daisy_Bram.jpg

News Hawk- TruthSeekr420 420 MAGAZINE
Source: salem-news.com
Author: Salem-News.com
Website: Medical Marijuana Patient Daisy Bram to be Arraigned Feb 20 in Tehama County - Salem-News.Com

Yet another instance of our government's unconstitutional abuse of power to prevent someone from planting a seed and consuming the green leafy (non-toxic) plant that grows out of the soil.

This is a very sad story...Fu#K the government for being able to come and "kidnap" children from there parents. This is completely and utterly wrong and they have no rights what so ever to do so in this circumstance. I can see the need for child services when children are being starved, beaten or abused, but not for medical marijuana. The only danger these kids were in, is when the raid took place and days following after being removed from custody. I am soo sick of hearing how the government continues to abuse power. I see a new American revolt and revolution happening sometime in my lifetime. We need to take the power back!!! A democracy is not one when the power is taken from us!!!!

Back
Top Bottom