Medical Marijuana Patient's Please Introduce Yourselves

Alohas And welcome Hunny Glo From Stoneyhawaii Good To Hear Youve Found What We He re Have Found Out Also MEDICAL MARIJUAUNA Works Wonders For Our Inflicted Ailments

:cheesygrinsmiley: Welcome Honey Glo....hope you feel comfortable in our forums, there are lot of great poeple here with stories similar to you.........yes, everytime you stop using their system of care, they save big profits and isn't a bit silly that this insurance industry refuses to be more proactive in using alternative medicines that would be cheaper & safer....no more meds for the problem & meds for the problems the meds create & so on. Stay w/MMJ as much as you can, that is what works well for me.:smokin:

Hi, I live in Mississippi and I would love to be a medical marijuana patient. I don't believe we have it here yet though. I have found a few judges and police in my area that have been sympathetic when I hae marijuana and get caught. I have sarcoidosis, fibromyalgia, and am blind in 1 eye due to gluacoma and cataracts. I am only 27. Yes I smoke like a train it is alot better than becoming addicted to the Loratab, soma, and celebrex that I receive. i have been sick now for 4 years I just got my first pain pill precription 2 months ago. Without marijuana all these years I do not believe I would have made it through the pain. We need some awareness in Mississippi.ASAP:allgood:

:smokin: Welcome to the med forum and 420 magazine 228gurl! There are hopeful signs that could eventually lead to more states climbing onboard the move against this rediculous prohibition on MJ. I hope you stay safe & medicated & please feel like family, because you are!!!:smokin:

Thanx tons ZedRules..

You are QUITE the social butterfly aren't you? :allgood:

Thanx so much for the wonderful greeting doll...

Welcome too Hunny Glo, 228gurl, stoney hawaii and everyone else...

I feel at home already... :smokin:

Love and a squish,

Alison
xx

I've been absent from 420times.com for a while, and I see a lot of people who are new to me, so I'll go ahead and introduce myself.
I am a California MMJ patient, have been for about 4 years now. While serving in the Army National Guard, I began having difficulties aiming my rifle. As it turned out, I was diagnosed with a degenerative cornea disease in my left eye that within a year it spread to my right eye as well. I won’t go into the details of how the military fucked me over for over a year; needless to say, the latest "scandals" involving the Walter Reed VA and their poor treatment of injured soldiers was hardly a surprise to me at all. Twice...T W I C E, the military lost my records (they REALLY wanted to send me to Iraq). It took a congressional inquiry from my state congresswoman to get the army to do what it had, so far, taken them over a year to try to accomplish.
I am a strong supporter of MMJ. It prolonged my grandfathers’ life for 6 months when he dying of colon cancer (somewhere on this site, my daily journal of this experience exists). He was literally on the brink of death, having lost almost all of his body weight, and he wouldn’t eat a thing. The doctors were telling us to say our goodbyes because my grandfather would most likely die within a week. Finally, I convinced my family to try using MMJ, I got an oral recommendation from my grandfathers daily practitioner (His exact words: "Well, nothing else is working, so what's the harm?"), and I began administering it to him in liquid form (I broke open an oil capsule and drizzled it into a spoon of liquid). We saw improvement almost immediately. Within a week, my grandfather had gained over 2 pounds. Every week, he got better, healthier, and more like his old self. Eventually, he left the hospital for his home, where he lived another 6 months before succumbing to the cancer. This experience alone dramatically altered my family’s perception of marijuana. My grandmother began administering it (she’s a big fan of Montel Williams too) for her back pains, my mother began using it for headaches, and my sister uses it for stress on occasion. I always get upset when people make the claim that MMJ helps no one, and is a crafty method for people who want ALL drugs legalized to sound off. Well, let me tell you, my grandfather couldn’t give a shit about drug legalization when he was sitting there, skinnier than holocaust survivor, waiting to die. And he sure didn’t give a shit about legalization or ulterior motives when he began eating due to the "munchie" effect of weed. But, I guess I can’t expect people to suddenly snap out of a lifetime of propaganda and brainwashing simply because I had the sad opportunity to witness marijuana truly restore a person to health.
I use MMJ daily, to help offset the constant nausea, pain, and headaches I get from having, essentially, no filter built in to filter out the light. My corneas are pretty much destroyed, and I'm looking at a cornea transplant within the next few years (I'm too young, even at 25, to get one now). I have a successful, fulfilling job in which I help the community and other individuals with disabilities, I have a spotless military record (4 years and not a single article 15!), and I am currently attending courses to earn my Master's. MMJ allows me to do all of these things, and it often amuses, while at the same time frustrates me, to hear people I work with bash MMJ and stereotype all users as dead beats and lowlifes, while one of those "cretins" is sitting right next to them. Oh, and they all drink to the point of passing out on the weekends. Go figure. I smoke a doob to eliminate the feeling of nausia and I’m some sort of scum bag. But it’s perfectly acceptable to get drunk, obnoxious and loud, barf on yourself, and pass out on your driveway for the whole world to see and you are a normal, law abiding citizen.
-PM

Welcome back, Mr. Monkey :) It's good to get to know more about you. It's a crying shame that people can be so mean and close-minded. A couple of years ago I was visiting a new mmj dispensary and a lady from the beauty shop next door started loud-mouthing me about "that place that sells marijuana" and glaring at me with such hatred and disgust. In all my years I've never had anyone hate me until her. There are still way too many people that have closed their minds so tight they can't learn anything new (my birth family, assorted relatives and co-workers lol).
Good luck with the future transplants.

Welcome back PM...Nice to have you back and thanks for sharing that bro...damn Gov. I'm ex Navy/USMC and I am ashamed at the lack of support for our wounded and psychologically traumatized troops...MMJ is a universal healer if everyone could give it a try...or at least be open to allow others to freely use it safely.

ZedRulez, so many people in the past told me I was a whacko or just some bitter ex-soldier when I spouted off how much of a joke the Army is in terms of taking care of their own. There's this mythos, propogated by the ridiculus commercials showing you the most unrealistic view of what military life entails, that the military is some sort of super fraternity and brotherhood, and that everyone is a brother who will not be left behind in any circumstance. HOOAH? While I felt this was an accurate discription for my fellow grunts, good men and god soldiers, this was never the case when it came to the brass or top administrators. They will literaly abandon your ass the minute you are of no more value to them, and they will dump you someplace and forget about you. I felt both sadness and vindication when the Walter Reed story broke out.
If our government is truely dedicated to helping the brave men and women who willingly decide to defend the constitution through the armed forces, then they should leave no option untried, including herbal remedies such as medicinal marijuana for those suffering from PTSD (from what i hear, thats the highest percentage of disability coming back from iraq). But it's much easier for these politicians who have never had to serve their country in a military capacity to dictate what should and should not be tried on people who have seen and experienced horrors no sane human should ever be subjected to, and certainly a selfless service that any fat fuck politican would never be able to handle or cope with, save for the few war veterans already serving. The American government has failed our servicemen in their lax scrutiny and oversight of veterans affairs, the military has failed it's veterans in their dispicable treatment and abandonment of brave war veterans, and the American people have failed it's own sons and daughters serving for our benefit by not demandiung change and rising up in protest for the treatment of our nations heroes. Dispicable on all levels.
-PM

ZedRulez, so many people in the past told me I was a whacko or just some bitter ex-soldier when I spouted off how much of a joke the Army is in terms of taking care of their own. There's this mythos, propogated by the ridiculus commercials showing you the most unrealistic view of what military life entails, that the military is some sort of super fraternity and brotherhood, and that everyone is a brother who will not be left behind in any circumstance. HOOAH? While I felt this was an accurate discription for my fellow grunts, good men and god soldiers, this was never the case when it came to the brass or top administrators. They will literaly abandon your ass the minute you are of no more value to them, and they will dump you someplace and forget about you. I felt both sadness and vindication when the Walter Reed story broke out.
If our government is truely dedicated to helping the brave men and women who willingly decide to defend the constitution through the armed forces, then they should leave no option untried, including herbal remedies such as medicinal marijuana for those suffering from PTSD (from what i hear, thats the highest percentage of disability coming back from iraq). But it's much easier for these politicians who have never had to serve their country in a military capacity to dictate what should and should not be tried on people who have seen and experienced horrors no sane human should ever be subjected to, and certainly a selfless service that any fat fuck politican would never be able to handle or cope with, save for the few war veterans already serving. The American government has failed our servicemen in their lax scrutiny and oversight of veterans affairs, the military has failed it's veterans in their dispicable treatment and abandonment of brave war veterans, and the American people have failed it's own sons and daughters serving for our benefit by not demandiung change and rising up in protest for the treatment of our nations heroes. Dispicable on all levels.
-PM

Well...this is insight that is not widely known...Pres.Bush...we got Beavis & Butt Head running the White House... I can't go into what I think of this whole mess because it would be too obscene & hostile. PM, you went under orders and when I was on So Pac tours we had to be ready at a moments notice...I was off the coast of Australia when Iran took the US Embassy personnel hostage...I was on full alert and we were fueled & supplied to support what Carter started & the whole thing went south fm there...fallen brethren...we could not recover the bodies...The US Gov. has never fully & sufficiently compensated & cared for all wounded vets from all engagements period!!! All the sentimentle flag waving does little to ease your pain brother, but I'm glad you find relief in MJ and I salute YOU as one who served w/ honor.:headbanger:

Hey all,

I got my recommendation last week but I have been smoking Cannabis since I was younger.

Anorexia (symptom), the general symptom of decreased appetite. This was my qualifying diagnosis, along with Depression, Psoriasis, and Insomnia. Such a Versatile medicine! Nothing like it!

Without Marijuana, I would be skin and bones. UGH. I am serious.

Peace!
Jeff

:smokin: Welcome to 420 & the MMJ forum jeffmaica!!! We all enjoy the relief that comes from MMJ. Edibles are a form that you may consider to boost your appetite...the edible MMJ is digested with the benefit of a liver enzyme which increases the original potency of the MJ during metabolism,
and I find my appetite soars when I use edibles like baked goods or candies...glad your one of us.:peace:

:cool::smokin:

Hi all,

I just got my Medical Cannabis Card and am enjoying the benefits of having Cannabis help out my ailments without relying on prescription drugs. I am married & have a daughter 17 years old and live 12 miles from Yosemite National Park in California. I get my cannabis from a dispensary in Tulare, Ca. I have started growing (4) immature plants and hope they all turn female.

Sincerely,

Michael

Oops. forgot to mention that i have a medical condition called Scleroderma & that's why i rely and enjoy the benefits from cannibas to alleviate some annoying symptoms.

Thanks again..!:allgood:

:laughtwo: Glad to have you onboard geoaboy!!! Stay medicated and share your grow experience with us...we have a large grow forum which maybe of help to you...cannabis is a large part of our lives here in the medical forum and I'm on it almost continuously because of chronic pain among other reasons.:smokin:
I hope you have a good selection to choose from up there...stay well:peace:

Hi 420..!

I just got my medicinal cannabis card a couple of months ago and have enjoyed smoking cannabis for many years. I have an auto-immune disease called scleroderma & the cannibas helps relieve some irritating symptoms that comes with this disease. I am currenly growing 4 plants that are starting to bud right now. I currently purchase my weed from a dispensary in Tulare, California. I am married with an 17 year old daughter and live 12 miles from the entrance of Yosemite National Park.

Enjoy your website & proud to be a member of the 'Smoking' nation..!

:cool:

Thanks Zed!

I will also share my Crop pictures as they mature. I got 3 good seeds from some Chronic. Stuck them in Miracle Grow Potting Mix (No Germenation required) and all 3 popped up yesterday. Hopefully, by October it will be ready to Harvest. Love the Summer!

Jeff

Always glad to have an experience user on the Med Forum...Welcome Chron Don! That makes you my neighbor since I live in LA county. MMJ is a good relief for so many things, it should be on the level of extra strength Tylenol...ohh that's too much to hope for.:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom