Medical Marijuana Services - Looking for a prescription in Canada under new laws?

Re: Medical Marijuana Services - Looking for a prescription in Canada under the new l

First step is to get a disgnoses from your Dr and your fathers Dr if they are unwilling to prescribe it. Then contact one of the Cannabis clinics and send over your/his medical documentation and wait for them to schedule an appointment. But you must get a diagnoses of your condition from your Dr. The clinics Dr will not diagnose you, they will only prescribe it for a prediagnosed condition. Hope that helps.

Re: Medical Marijuana Services - Looking for a prescription in Canada under the new l

First step is to get a disgnoses from your Dr and your fathers Dr if they are unwilling to prescribe it. Then contact one of the Cannabis clinics and send over your/his medical documentation and wait for them to schedule an appointment. But you must get a diagnoses of your condition from your Dr. The clinics Dr will not diagnose you, they will only prescribe it for a prediagnosed condition. Hope that helps.

Thank you, it sure does.

Hey Guys,

I'm part of National Access Cannabis, Ottawa branch. I believe we could help out many people visiting this website, with the Medical Cannabis services we provide :)! Our goal is to help people who need access to Medical Cannabis, gain access as quickly and easily as possible. We achieve this through being a Health Center that can handle, or request from your doctor, your health history. We then create a 'case' with our medical staff, that we present to one of our tele-medicine doctors with you.

Further to this, we aid those that gain their medical declaration. We help clients in choosing an appropriate Licensed Producer, appropriate strain selection for alignment, recommendations in delivery method, & screen for drug interactions to state a few. Overall, we are an information & resource center to help anyone in need navigate the messy Medical Cannabis system.

We have had a high success rate with ailments like PTSD, Multiple Sclerosis, Fibromyalgia, Crohn's, Cancer's, etc. We are also competitively priced, at $250 + tax ($150 for Doctor Fee; $100 for Membership fee), and follow up appointments are covered by OHIP.

Please contact our store for further information, as our ability to monitor posts will be limited. Hope we can help out!

- Matt

Information | National Access Cannabis

1111 Wellington Street West, K17 2Y6
Ottawa, ON, Canada

Phone: +1 (613) 729 8255
Email: info@nationalaccesscannabis.com

After reading the posts on this thread about Green Doctor Network, I decided to submit an application via their website in hopes of using medical marijuana to treat an ongoing anxiety issue.

While the initial signup process is fairly straight forward, I've been left very disappointed with how my application has progressed (or hasn't).

I initially submitted the application on July 31, and promptly received an email asking to send some additional forms (LP registration letter, accompanying medical documents, credit card authorization form). I sent these forms the same day and my credit card was charged almost immediately ($453). I was given an application confirmation number and told a representative would follow up within 48 hours by phone for my initial consultation.

It has now been 13 days since my application was submitted and I have not yet had my initial consultation. I have sent several emails to Green Doctor Network asking about the status of my application and when this initial consultation could be expected (given it's well past the 48 hour time-frame), but have seen no movement so far. I've been told twice that my application is still in process and they would be in touch shortly - yet still no follow up.

I'm hopeful that this does end up working out as expected, especially given the success others in this thread have had. I'm certainly disappointed with the delay and lack of proactive communication though. I see that there is also someone else posting on their Facebook page about a similar issue, so I fear this is widespread right now.

I'm going to give it another day or so and see if this moves forward at all, and if not I will request a refund and seek alternative arrangements to facilitate a medical prescription. Fingers crossed this works out and they get back on track.

That does sound strange. They contacted me right away for my phone consultation. Then a few days later I got an email from the actual dr office to book my skype appt. Have you been checking your junk mail folder? Cause I'm pretty sure I paid after my consultation not before. After I paid the fee I dealt with the actual dr office via email.

I have to add that almost the same thing is happening with my application as Matts. they have everything they need and visa shows they got paid a week ago, but no one answers the phone or returns emails. i hope this isn't a scam, but.

So you guys paid before you had a phone consultation with the nurse from green dr?

Very happy to report I've seen some progress on my application.

Received an email last night from a nurse and will be having an intake appointment today via skype. If all goes well I will likely have my doctors appointment via skype on Friday.

While it's taken considerably longer than the 24-48 hours outlined for my initial follow up, I'm just happy that there is some movement here and I finally have an appointment scheduled. I assume being the summer there may be some doctors/nurses taking vacation at this time, and perhaps there is an influx in application requests as well.

JordanVXX - I paid before speaking to anyone at Green Doctor Network - although I do not think this is mandatory. When I first submitted my application I received a confirmation email and was advised that I would receive a call from Green Dr within 48 hours to follow up - but they also provided links to some forms that you would proactively fill out to move the process along more quickly (LP registration, Credit Card authorization form, etc). I decided to send this information in immediately and was subsequently charged right away. I assume though you could certainly have your initial consultation without doing this and not be billed until after.

I see. I waited to pay until after my phone consultation so I wouldn't have to deal with getting a refund if I got denied by the clinic. Glad it's moving along for you now.

The good news continues!

I just had my intake with the nurse from the physicians clinic which will provide the prescription and forward the documentation to my LP. She was very helpful and a pleasure to deal with - and recommended 3g/day as treatment for my anxiety. Tomorrow I will have a short follow up Skype video call with the doctor and should then be well on my way.

The nurse recommended I use Aphria instead of Tweed (who I selected initially) as my LP, as she suggests they will be better in the short term dealing with supply and have a smaller customer base currently. I'm cool with this - she was fantastic and super helpful during my appointment so I'll go with her recommendation.

For those in a similar situation with Green Doctor Network right now - just sit tight and be diligent with follow up emails if you don't hear from them initially. They came through for me and others here, and I suspect its just a bit of a hectic time with them right now keeping up . All in all, very happy with the outcome and worth the wait.

I'm with Aphria too and they are pretty bad now. It's like they are rookie growers learning as they go along. If you are after connoisseur strains you won't find them at Aphria. More like bush weed with no taste or smell. The good news is you can make one order from Aphria then take your patient label and card to any dispensary in toronto or Vancouver and get proper medicine without the restrictions Aphria has in place....ie 10grams min of each strain. If you don't live near toronto or Vancouver most offer mail order. Plus you can try concentrates, hash, edibles etc.

Hi JordanIVXX,

Appreciate the reply. So they have a 10g min order per strain? I wouldn't be able to order say 5g of a few different strains to try out? That's certainly less than ideal. Any recommendations on strains to go with for my initial order? Some that may be a bit better than the others?

I'm in Toronto so I may end up trying out the dispensary thing as well if its the best route. Maybe I should also consider switching LP's? So many questions. Appreciate you taking the time to chime in.

They do have a few sample kits that come with 3 strains at 5 grams each but you can't pick the strains you want in the sample kits. They are sold like "high thc" and "mid thc" the funny thing is in the high thc kit they don't include their strongest strain lol. You're also paying more per gram with their sample kits. It's a crap shoot ordering from Aphria because you can't see or smell it before you buy. I've been stuck with ounces of sub par bud from them.
I havnt ordered from them since May, the only decent ones at that time were Henik (alien dog) at 20% THC and Teslin (mango) at 24% THC. They were effective but looked, tasted, smelled and burned like garbage. Not flushed properly at all. A few times I received premature buds covered in damp leaves still. Hopefully they have improved in the last few months.
I'm happy to answerany questions you have, this thread helped me out when I was getting started in the mmpr system.
Nothing will ever beat the dispensary model IMO. You can look at it, smell it, feel it and in some cases sample it before you buy it. Plus it's grown by experienced growers who are cannabis connoisseurs themselves. Aphria was/still is a tomatoe and other produce grower who got into the LP business.

Thanks JordanIVXX, I will go with either Henik or Teslin for my first order and then see where to go from there. I do like the idea of a local dispensary - seems like the most transparent way to go about it tbh. Fingers crossed Aphria are a bit better now and everything is as expected. Cheers.

Hi JordanIVXX,

Another quick question if you don't mind. How long did it take after the doctor signed off on your prescription until you were able to place an order with your LP?

It was about a week. If I remember correctly I had my appt on a Wednesday and I placed an order the following thursday. Aphria was really fast at confirming the prescription. I've heard some LP take weeks.

Thank you again, exactly what I was hoping to hear. :)

I love how MMJ costs anywhere from 350 to 500 before you even get started, and then you even have to pay the prescription. It is cheaper just to break the law and it's this kind of thing that is helping us lose the "War on drugs". It's unfortunate we pay more for better medicine with no side effects. It's unfortunate that we are hit from both sides in any situation. We need to stand up and say no to government and corporate mind-control. On a brighter note... At least this company in Ottawa claims to have some kind of coverage going on with OHIP. Most companies don't.

Be careful of medicalmarijuanaservices.ca as they took payment of $500 from me and then informed me that my application was incomplete (missing supporting medical document, which I was not able to get), yet will not refund the money and has stopped responding to my emails. Having to go the route of a bank/credit card charge back...horrible first step into the MMJ arena :(

That sucks, sorry to hear. But I'm curious as to why you would pay first or even submit an application if you're not able to get the supporting medical documents from your Dr. The documents are not hard to get if you have a condition. They don't have to say anything about cannabis. So I'm not sure why you can't get them.
My family dr is against it to and would not mention cannabis in any papers. All he/she has to do is verify your condition. All my document said was " Jordan suffers from x condition since this date."
Hope you're able to get your money or document. Keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom