Medical Marijuana Temp Permit for Travlers

SkinnyChef

let's say my wife and I wanted to go to Calif or Arizona or any other state that has medical marijuana for vacation/ visit family etc.
Our Colorado medical marijuana license is only valid here in Colorado. Traveling with marijuana out of state can be very risky.
What if anything can be done?? I would not want to be busted or deal with police over it anywhere!
I guess medical marijuana patients don't get to travel with their meds like other people.

There should be a way for a valid, current card holder to purchase and use medical marijuana for up to 14 days in other states that allow it. A temp card issued in the host state would allow people to travel and safely use the meds they need. I would gladly pay $15 or $20 for a two week temp medical marijuana card.

Montana honors other states' medicinal cannabis cards (quantity limits not to exceed Montana maximums).

There was at least one other state, I believe.

Montana....shit who's going there...?....it would be awesome if it where everywhere....maybe someday...maybe someday...word

Michigan, Montana, and Rhode Island will honor your card. The Oregon law does not include a reciprocity provision. However, the Oregon Court of Appeals has ruled (and the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program has confirmed) that patients from out of state are permitted to register with the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program to obtain a registry identification card, the same as an Oregon resident, which will protect them from arrest or prosecution while in Oregon. These out of state patients are required to obtain a recommendation for the medical use of marijuana from an Oregon licensed physician. State v. Berringer, 229 P3d 615 (2010).

:peace:

Yes aberration.....great info thanx for the info.....word

Michigan, Montana, and Rhode Island will honor your card. The Oregon law does not include a reciprocity provision. However, the Oregon Court of Appeals has ruled (and the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program has confirmed) that patients from out of state are permitted to register with the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program to obtain a registry identification card, the same as an Oregon resident, which will protect them from arrest or prosecution while in Oregon. These out of state patients are required to obtain a recommendation for the medical use of marijuana from an Oregon licensed physician. State v. Berringer, 229 P3d 615 (2010).

:peace:

That's great info!! Thank you, what about California? Does anyone one know? Will they honor our cards there too?

While RI has Reciprocity compact with Montana, Maine, Michigan and I think Colorado, there are no provisions for an out of State Cardholder to purchase in any State. If I go to CO I have to obtain a CO MMJ Rec and Card, same for every State. Hawaii has introduced a Bill that would allow MMJ Users from any other State to pay a $100 fee for the right to purchase Medicine in their State while on Vacation. In RI and every other MMJ State you can possess, but not buy, Medicine.

+ Rep great question, and post. We need to straighten this out as it is a Federal jigsaw puzzle of where we can, and cannot, obtain Safe Access to Medication. I am all for a Nationwide repeal of this foolish Prohibition.

While RI has Reciprocity compact with Montana, Maine, Michigan and I think Colorado, there are no provisions for an out of State Cardholder to purchase in any State. If I go to CO I have to obtain a CO MMJ Rec and Card, same for every State. Hawaii has introduced a Bill that would allow MMJ Users from any other State to pay a $100 fee for the right to purchase Medicine in their State while on Vacation. In RI and every other MMJ State you can possess, but not buy, Medicine.

Shame. You can get married in Cleveland, Ohio and you'll still be married in HI. But if you want to actually participate in "married activities" (I know, I'm just making a point... and badly) while you are vacationing in HI... you've got to cough up $100.

Not really what I would consider reciprocity.

Back
Top Bottom