Medical Marijuana Works Miracles, Says Smoking Granny

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
An elderly Montana woman says medical marijuana has given her a second chance at life.

"Oh! It's a miracle, I was almost helpless," said Mabel Macer.

Macer is 82-years-old and at one point was taking as many as 17 prescription drugs for pain, but now she just takes her heart medicine and a medical marijuana cocktail twice daily.

Mabel didn't like the idea of medical marijuana, but after seeing media reports she thought it might keep her out of the nursing home.

"If I can find something that can make me quit hurting and that's just what I'm doing," said Macer.

She said she's far more lucid now that she's off the narcotics.

Before she could barely walk to her door, now she walks around the block but Macer's primary care physician expressed concern that medical marijuana would complicate her conditions.

In a letter to Macer, he said if she continued marijuana use, he would have no choice but to dismiss her from his practice.

"It is a major challenge for patients around the state to find a physician willing to recommend unfortunately a number of physicians within the state are restricted from providing a recommendation to their normal patients because of where they're currently employed," said Jim Gingery with the Medical Marijuana Growers Association.

Macer said she's just happy to be herself again and because of a lung condition, she said she does not smoke marijuana, she drinks it.

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: nbc-2.com
Copyright: 2010 WorldNow and WBBH
Contact: NBC-2.com WBBH News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida - Home
Website: Medical marijuana works miracles, says smoking granny - NBC-2.com WBBH News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida

• Thanks to MedicalNeed for submitting this article

Back
Top Bottom