Medical ramifications from Colorado legal pot

Vegas flower

We just relocated to a non mmj state from one that supports medical use. My son who lived in Denver was on fistfuls of prescription pills for back pain. I talked him into quitting prescribed narcotics and ingesting only medicinal use marijuana. In my opinon the side effects from the pills were and are so harmful that they far out weigh any benifit he was getting from them. He hadnt slept in over 30 days. He was picking his face like some kind of tweaker. All prescribed and lawfully used of course.

His move to using legal weed in place of pills for pain maganement was not without hurdles. He attempted to make creams, edibles, and grow his own. These are not easy for the best of us and he struggled to not only provide for his own needs but also to find dosage and techniques to actually relive his pain. But it worked. He slowly de toxed from the prescribed narcotocs and began to see a reduction in pain, regular sleeping patterns and no side effects.

With our move his insurance changed and he attempted to set up pain management appointment in the new state. After testing positive for marijuana he has been denied access to any prescription relief in this state. So honesty to a doctor about his current healthy medical situation has resulted in refusal to treat a legal us citizen.

Shame shame

Back
Top Bottom