Medical vs Recreational

Damien102

My brother in-law was just issued a medical marijuana script/card (he presently does not use cannabis) in NJ. I asked him why he needed a card if dispensaries sell recreationally without one. He said his Doc told him Medical has different THC/CBD levels/ratio's than recreational. I find it hard to believe this explanation. Is this true?

Each State makes their own rules, but they have different strength limits for edibles, but Flower no restrictions other than the amount you can buy at once, but that is here in Oregon.....find the State page online for both Rec and Med and see if any differences where you are at as like I said every State has their own rules (and some don't make sense too ;) :rofl: ).

In California you can possess more weed or concentrate for medical than you can for Rec, also you pay less tax with a medical recommendation.

Each State makes their own rules, but they have different strength limits for edibles, but Flower no restrictions other than the amount you can buy at once, but that is here in Oregon.....find the State page online for both Rec and Med and see if any differences where you are at as like I said every State has their own rules (and some don't make sense too ;) :rofl: ).
You probably hit on the reason he got a script with the gummies thing. Like I said, he doesn't smoke weed and probably told his Doc that. Here in Jersey (don't ask why?) dispensaries can sell lozenges, but not gummies to recreational customers. Maybe to Med customers gummies are G2G, I don't know. Personally I wouldn't set foot in a Jersey dispensary. Every one sells same way, same price. You can buy up to an oz, BUT bud is all pre-packed in 3.5G packages and is $60 per 3.5G. That's $480 an oz. And they say people selling on the street are criminals?

My brother in-law was just issued a medical marijuana script/card (he presently does not use cannabis) in NJ. I asked him why he needed a card if dispensaries sell recreationally without one. He said his Doc told him Medical has different THC/CBD levels/ratio's than recreational. I find it hard to believe this explanation. Is this true?

You know why they call it practicing medicine? Because doctors haven't gotten it right yet, lol.

The only reason a "recreational dispensary" wouldn't carry a particular "medical" strain... is if it wouldn't be profitable. Which, if your BiL is looking for a strain that has high CBD and almost no THC, might actually be the case. It would depend on the market. However, considering the fact that THC has several health benefits...

I did read that the average adult in NJ can have an ounce of cannabis - but a medicinal-use cardholder is allowed to have three ounces. (Those who are terminally ill and/or in hospice can have however much they want / can afford, which is as it should be, I suppose.)

Also, it looks like the state sales tax on cannabis products is 6.625%. Unless you can get someone to call it medical maryjoowanna - that makes it 4% (and it's reportedly going to 0% in July).

Basically, it's merely a form of sophistry. Cannabis is cannabis. Cannabinoid percentages will differ by strain - not because someone decided to classify a certain one a certain way.

Back
Top Bottom