Medical

Gob22

Hi im new to this forum or any forum come to that. After a torid 2 years of bad luck or just plain misfortune. Cancer/The loss of a Close family member/ job loss and many more personal issues including heavy debt/ bailffs at the door and friends and Family members turning there back on me due to extreme anxiety and depresion i turned to the drink. (heavy drinking.) I spent a long time under the Dr. I dont know if it was my state of mind that made me feel that the Drs were not taking me seriouse but i felt i was at the end of my rope so i googled self help on anxiety and i happened to come across an article about how weed coulde calm you down. had taking weed in my youth for recreation purposes and i was always under the impression if you had mental health problems then you should not take weed. Any way i bought some weed to try it out and slow down my thoughts( I was at a thousend miles an hour and i could not sleep but the Drs do not prescribe sleeping pills these days.) After buying a small amount of weed i calmed down and relaxed, (better than any pills that i was prescribed and i had the best nights sleep id had for ages. The point im trying to get across is i am now off the drink. im possitive about the future. I doubt i would be here if i had not discovered the possitive side of Marijuana, i was that far gone. I have started to grow my own weed and after losing a lot of plants due to trying to run before i could walk and alot of conflicting advice on the internet im about 4 weeks from my first grow. Marijuana has given me a new lease of life and i dont take that much, i take a small amount when things are bad and i love to have a small amount at night to relaxe me and have good nights sleep. Just thought i would share my thoughts. regards Graeme

Cool bro . I seen a lot of the same things I have been through . I'm glad to see this magical plant has helped up out . It's so much better for you than drinking lol I found that out the hard way too lol

Cheers for that, i have been looking in to the pros and cons of taking weed and the conclusion i keep coming up with is that it is an International discrace that this Herb/ Plant/ weed has not been used for the good benifitts it could do for many people who suffer in there lifes either through mental/emotional ilness or physical pain and the propergander that is put around by the media. I cant even talk about it with my own family and tell them the good it has done for me without the shock on their faces. Im no expert on the long term use of weed and im sure i could be shouted down if i tried to argue the case, i just know that i was looking for something to give me strenghth to go forward and this is where i found it. I would just like to add that after a lot of heartache of spending alot of money that i should not of spent trying to learn the art of growing weed, i am totaly addicted to my new hobby, over the years i stopped being interested in all my interests and it has egnited my interest in something and i have not even cultavated my first crop yet. LOL

Hi Gob22,
I am glad you were lucky enough to discover the truth about marijuana before it was to late. The drink is not a good choice for any problem, in fact more times then not, it only creates bigger problems for you. Most people in America are simply ignorant to the truth about MJ because they have been lied to their whole lives and find it hard to believe that not only would the media lie but our own government lied.

welcome to the 420 community Gob22
Can not remember who said this but it is so true "The truth will set you free"

Welcome Gob22,

My story is similar, except 3/4 of my family were alcoholics and I saw the damage that legal drug does to an individual, a family, and society as a whole. I decided early I'd be a pothead rather that another drunk in a long line of drunks.

It wasn't perfect, I was smart enough to not have to attend all my classes and still pass, so of course i pushed the limit too far a couple of times and had to take an extra year to graduate. But from that "failure" I was put into a summer program that got me into the tv production and gave me a career for a good decade, before the tech improved to the point that I became more interested in the tech than the broadcasting.

I looked old enough to get into the strip club when I was 14, and spent from 16-18 selling hash to strippers. I was on the cusp of moving into coke as once the bikers and the coke showed up, my involvement with the strippers was over for the week until the new set showed up. Thankfully my daughter was born, I took her and moved a thousand miles away from my entire life back to where the majority of our family lived, and it just so happened that little town had a provincial tv station that I started work at within a week of arriving. Incredibly lucky.

Anyway, I digress...

Weed and my daughter saved my life. I completely believe I'd have been a worthless drunken drain on society, or dead, if not for the miracle of Mary Jane.

Back
Top Bottom