Medicann Blue Blood & Medicann Trainwreck

re: Medicann - Blue Blood & Medicann Trainwreck

Here is the latest pics of the plants. They are definitely starting to thrive.

20141104_071303_resized.jpg

Supergroomer

Subbed:goodjob:

I've kept a Blue Blood mother in veg for 4 months to harvest tea leaves. She's very bushy from all the pruning and harvesting. I also have clones vegging.

She clones best after switching to 12/12 when she just starts to produce pistils. I've tried hydro cloning and jiffy peat pellet cloning, and have not had great results in veg mode. But when she is switched to flowering, she produces more hormones to encourage rooting. 100% cloning success in jiffy peat pellets within 10 days. The clones were popping roots through the pellets in 5 days. Transplanted at day 10. Thriving now in 1 gallon pots. When momma Blue gets harvested in another month, I'll start a grow journal on the clones. I'm keeping the clones in veg stasis till I can move them into the flowering area.

If you clone when they are flowering, they can grow right along side their mom and flower with her. It's dependent on your available flowering space.:goodluck:

I've kept a Blue Blood mother in veg for 4 months to harvest tea leaves. She's very bushy from all the pruning and harvesting. I also have clones vegging.

She clones best after switching to 12/12 when she just starts to produce pistils. I've tried hydro cloning and jiffy peat pellet cloning, and have not had great results in veg mode. But when she is switched to flowering, she produces more hormones to encourage rooting. 100% cloning success in jiffy peat pellets within 10 days. The clones were popping roots through the pellets in 5 days. Transplanted at day 10. Thriving now in 1 gallon pots. When momma Blue gets harvested in another month, I'll start a grow journal on the clones. I'm keeping the clones in veg stasis till I can move them into the flowering area.

If you clone when they are flowering, they can grow right along side their mom and flower with her. It's dependent on your available flowering space.:goodluck:

Thanks so much for your input. I was figuring on doing it about a week into flower. My only successful clone so far was an ak48 that I cut about that time. I really want this plant to do well for my MS. Do you think the CBD is as high as they say? 10%?

Thanks

Supergroomer

Do you think the CBD is as high as they say? 10%?

Yes. I was getting the CBD and myrcene effect from veg leaves rendered into cannabutter for tea biscuits. 1 biscuit, nice floaty euphoria for several hours. 3+ biscuits and twitch free sleep. I get multiple myoclonic seizures which make it difficult to get any restful sleep. I'm more alert, creative and active on Blue Blood meds. I may need to eat less biscuits made from cannabutter rendered from fully mature Blue Blood buds, or use less cannabutter in the dough.

:goodluck::hug:

Awesome job!:high-five:

Just curious what kind of yield you have gotten from your Blue Bloods? I am thinking about going from CFLs to LED. I am hoping to get 2 oz per plant. I figure that is what I need to supply 2 of us with medicine. What is your setup and how much are you getting?

Thanks

Supergroomer

Along with pot size and general care, yield depends on how bushy you allow your indica dominant strains to get. If you allow your indica to veg for a couple of months while you top and prune for tea leaves and clones every 2 weeks in a 5 gallon pot, you'll likely exceed 2 ounces of bud per plant. Blue Blood is super bushy and bud laden.

I can't tell you how much my bud yield is, because I'm not growing to smoke. I can't smoke. I take what I need to make fresh cooked teas and oils. Whatever undergrowth I take from a flowering Blue Blood bush, she grows back more young, tasty, minty, flower laden undergrowth for tea. She must be related to Cerberus or Hydra. :hmmmm:

I took 4 clones this AM. 2 from each. We will see how these go. I am trying something a little different then my last cloning attempts.

I cut the clones at 45 degree angle, scraped the out side, dipped in cloning gel then planted in soil mix of 1 part FFOF, 1 part Pro Mix, and 1 part perlite. They are in 10oz Styrofoam cups under a dome.

I will post pics later.

Supergroomer

I switched my veg closet from 18/6 to 12/1 or The gas lantern routine. It is 12 on, 5.5 off, 1 on, 5.5 off. I have read that (depending on who you listen too) it produces as well or better and saves on electricity. That was the reason I went to LEDs , to save on electric. I will post some pictures later and we will see how they look over the next week. :peace:

Supergroomer

Back
Top Bottom