Medicann = Costco Card?

Jenny, if the card is a representation of a script. How do law enforcement view the prescription card (same as docs script)? If we still need to carry our paper prescription what's the point? If i'm wrong please correct me where I'm wrong. I don't want to spread the wrong info. Looks like a costco card if all it can do is get u into the club. A doc's prescription comes from a doc. So basically they copy it to fit a card. Medicann sounds like healthy competition to the OCBC card. Neither is like the state issued card which I believe offers more protection.
I see a lot of people using the word "prescription" when discussing medical cannabis. In california there is no such thing as a doctors prescription for cannabis. Prescriptions are taken to federally overseen pharmacies and filled. With cannabis you get a doctors "recommendation". According to the MPP there are only 4 people left out of 34 original in america with an actual "federal prescription" to use marijuana through the federal government's Compassionate IND program. These people are:
Barbara Douglass, who has MS;
George McMahon, who has Nail Patella Syndrome;
Elvy Musikka, who has Glaucoma;
Irvin Rosenfeld, who has Multiple Congenital Cartilaginous Exostoses.

Recommnedations in CA, Not Prescriptions

I see a lot of people using the word "prescription" when discussing medical cannabis. In california there is no such thing as a doctors prescription for cannabis. Prescriptions are taken to federally overseen pharmacies and filled. With cannabis you get a doctors "recommendation". According to the MPP there are only 4 people left out of 34 original in america
I stand corrected. Maybe this is why my doctor was trippin when I asked him to prescribe it. Thanks. LOL :peace:

Hey good evening Jenny. I had a quick question I was hoping you might be able to help me out. I was recently planning on making an appt at the Medicann in Elk Grove, but I read that the I.D. card is mailed out. My problem is that i live with people who I do not wish to find out about my privacy and I work late so they usually grab the mail before I get home. I was wondering if there was any way to pick the card up from the clinic instead or have it mailed to a separate location to someone I tust with knowing of my medical issues.

Dear Tony,

I apologize for this late reply. In fact, if you would like, you can pick up your card at the clinic itself. Just let the Clinic Manager know and she will put it in her notes that the card will be picked up at the clinic---we will mail it there instead of to your home. Hope this is convenient :)

I think they use recommendation over prescription as the latter refers to a drug of known quantity and strength. Cannabis is more of an herbal supplement that seems to help patients, so doctor's can in their opinion now legally recommend that a patient be allowed to consume it. If the cannabis product gets turned into something like Marinol, then it could be prescribed.

EDIT: BWC BayArea did point out that Marinol is a synthetic and not naturally derived cannabis product. A better product to use in the analogy would be Sativex. I was trying to show how western medicine likes controlled levels of known substances when they are dispensed as a prescribed drug. Sativex is one as well but is derived from "botanical material".

Nabiximols - Wikipedia

Dear Tony,

I apologize for this late reply. In fact, if you would like, you can pick up your card at the clinic itself. Just let the Clinic Manager know and she will put it in her notes that the card will be picked up at the clinic---we will mail it there instead of to your home. Hope this is convenient :)

Yeah that is great news Jenny. Thanks for the response it really helped me out. Oh and another quick question there is no information or anything mailed out to the address that I would provide at my appointment?

Yeah that is great news Jenny. Thanks for the response it really helped me out. Oh and another quick question there is no information or anything mailed out to the address that I would provide at my appointment?

Dear Tony,

When you make an appointment over the phone, just tell one of our call center staff that you would like to pick up the ID card. If you say this, they will not ask you for an address. Be assured that we never mail anything out without your consent--for this reason, giving an address is optional.

Dear Tony,

When you make an appointment over the phone, just tell one of our call center staff that you would like to pick up the ID card. If you say this, they will not ask you for an address. Be assured that we never mail anything out without your consent--for this reason, giving an address is optional.

Why would you lie to a patient like that? You asked for my address when I made my appointment 2 years ago...... What are you a liar or just stoned?

Why would you lie to a patient like that? You asked for my address when I made my appointment 2 years ago...... What are you a liar or just stoned?

MediCann always asks for an address but it is completely optional if the patient wants to hand over that information. I work at MediCann but was a patient before, and I have been aware of this option--you just have to ask. Also, if you would like to be sent the card in an unmarked envelope, that is possible as well.

MediCann always asks for an address but it is completely optional if the patient wants to hand over that information. I work at MediCann but was a patient before, and I have been aware of this option--you just have to ask. Also, if you would like to be sent the card in an unmarked envelope, that is possible as well.

Maybe the policy can be changed to instruct staff to tell patients over the phone while registering that the address is optional. It would clear up the confusion and can help calm the nerves of potential clientele.

Maybe the policy can be changed to instruct staff to tell patients over the phone while registering that the address is optional. It would clear up the confusion and can help calm the nerves of potential clientele.

Usually most of our patients have no issue with giving us an address, but if they do, most comment on their unease about giving out their address. In those cases, the appointment staff offers the option of picking it up or mailing in an unmarked envelope. MediCann is hear to listen to you, so just please let us know when there is a concern when you have one.

I live in Wa state. We have to carry the signed Dr.'s Authorization form as well as the card. Even then, it's at the sole discretion of the officer to accept the documentation if found in posession of marijuana.

hey every one just a thing too rember is that once you register for your state card every goverment agency has your info state, city, police, sherrif ,hiway potrol and any one else that needs to find out about you... cause you are registering to the state!

Hipaa

hey every one just a thing too rember is that once you register for your state card every goverment agency has your info state, city, police, sherrif ,hiway potrol and any one else that needs to find out about you... cause you are registering to the state!

If you believe that, google HIPAA.

Excellent point about HIPPA. I wasn't even thinking along those lines. To my knowledge all card programs are voluntary or optional. As of now to my understanding, the cards get u into most clubs and the docs prescription is our legal protection under prop 215. Can we agree on that much Jenny? I also noticed u didn't respond to the competition portion of the post, lol.

I think everyone forgets that prop 215 doesn't allow doctors to prescribe MJ. It's a doctor's recommendation and by having the proper paperwork, whether it's a state card or a card produced by the recommending doctor, it protects us from the normal state marijuana laws.

For example; I have a medicann card. I get into must places except the two in Oakland that requires an extra card (OCBC). To me it seems like an extra cost that isn't worth the money. I have never had a problem with verification.

Back
Top Bottom