Medicinal marj, /mentally ill /med vs pot

teany_traci

hi, im just feeling around and want to see if anyone shares my view, well duh im sure most will
but im looking to talk to or find out from ppl that have mental illnesses/ ie; bipolar disorder, etc and take presc.,meds. that also smoke pot,
give me your take please, on what you think about the fact that marj, use does in fact help the manic/depressive cycle, and which one do you feel makes you feel better (meaning when on a manic or dep. state.
i find that when im in a manic smoking pot helps me so much, when depressed, i guess that helps to, but tends to depresse me a bit more, unless thats all in my head. i am also curious to know if you ppl out there with and without mental illness, cuz i dont like to be prejudice on this question but im always curious, who out there has a reverse effect when high (meaning, instead of slowing you down, like you should be when high, it hypers you up, with those that want to answer my questions, with this last one, please if you could or would let me know if you are on any meds for any type of mental illness.
i am bipolar, with rapid cycling, and i find that unless im totally baked and beyond movment, therefore being half baked, haha, i get more on the hyper side, there fore pot is having the reverse reaction on me than most normal ppl. anyway i love it, and think it should be legal, it grows in the ground, it was put there by a higher being, etc etc. and is most medicinally (if thats a word, lol) helpful for so many things as well as use for non medicane purpose, and im sorry but ive never had the urge to run out the door and commit any crimes while high, and my driving has not ever suffred, (to which most anti pot ads will claim, i dont agree with it being a gateway drug either, not to say i never went on to anything else to try since the first time i smoked, but cest la vie
anyway if anyone wants to post answers id be most happy
thanks
traci

I'm bi-polar and pot definitly helps me more than any other medication has.

I also do the same thing... Whenever I smoke, I become hyper and talkative. Hell, it's what keeps me awake at work sometimes. LoL

I'd get more into it, but I gotta head out...

I am not bi-polar or anything, and dont use pot medicinally, but i do find that if i smoke a hit or 2 i get hyper, more talkative, and motivated.
keep on smokin
peace :peace:

medicine verses pot

hello, my name is littlejohn and i am schizo-affectively disordered. almost schizophrenic. if i can't sleep at nite i smoke some weed and it helps my mind move to other things instead of obcessing on usually bad stuff. it does make me parinoid some but i just have to tell mysef its the smoke,nobody is really trying to get me. however this is part of my illness and weed does make it worse. when i'm depressed weed does help me buck up and live again, i can think of better days to come and it lifts my outlook to a better level. when i'm manic weed makes me think alot, and usually i'll think myself to sleep after a good smoke session. so in my case weed does better than aqny of the maybe 35 or 40 medicines the shrink put me on, i've taken them all with no notable positive effects. however the meds have caused many bad effects(tremor,sedation) just to mention a few. pot can definately help people with mentall problems it has helped me i know, because now i'm not taking any medicines (against drs advice) and i get by ok. i stillo have problems but with pot they are managable. Iit is not a wonder cure all but it does help. i hope this helps you with your paper.

Back
Top Bottom