Medicine Cabinet Medicine

Pinch

Tape this inside medicine cabinet.

Did You Know That? Drinking two glasses of Gatorade can relieve headache pain almost immediately -- without the unpleasant side effects caused by traditional "pain relievers."

Did you know that Colgate toothpaste makes an excellent salve for burns.

Before you head to the drugstore for a high-priced inhaler filled with mysterious chemicals, try chewing on a couple of curiously strong Altoids peppermints. They'll clear up your stuffed nose.

Achy muscles from a bout of the flu? Mix 1 Tablespoon of horseradish in 1 cup of olive oil. Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes, then apply it as a massage oil, for instant relief for aching muscles.

Sore throat? Just mix 1/4 cup of vinegar with 1/4 cup of honey and take 1 tablespoon six times a day. The vinegar kills the bacteria.

Cure urinary tract infections with Alka-Seltzer Just dissolve two tablets in a glass of water and drink it at the onset of the symptoms. Alka-Seltzer begins eliminating urinary tract infections almost instantly -- even though the product was never advertised for this use. ( Note : Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold Medicine is not the same..and contains aspirin, which can cause stomach bleeding if you have ulcers.)

Honey remedy for skin blemishes . Cover the blemish with a! dab of honey and place a Band-Aid over it. Honey kills the bacteria, keeps the skin sterile, and speeds healing. Works overnight.

Listerine therapy for toenail fungus ... Get rid of unsightly toenail fungus by soaking your toes in Listerine mouthwash. The powerful antiseptic leaves your toenails looking healthy again.

Easy eyeglass protection ... To prevent the screws in eyeglasses from loosening, apply a small drop of Maybelline Crystal Clear nail polish to the threads of the screws before tightening them.

Coca-Cola cure for rust ... Forget those expensive rust removers. Just saturate an abrasive sponge with Coca Cola and scrub the rust stain. The phosphoric acid in the coke is what gets the job done.

Cleaning liquid that doubles as bug killer ... If menacing bees, wasps, hornets, or yellow jackets get in your home and you can't find the insecticide, try a spray of Formula 409 . Insects drop to the ground instantly.

Smart splinter remover ...just pour a drop of Elmer's Glue-All over the splinter, let dry, and peel the dried glue off the skin. The splinter sticks to the dried glue.

Hunt's tomato paste boil cure ....cover the boil with Hunt's tomato paste as a compress. The acids from the tomatoes soothe the pain and bring the boil to a head.

Balm for broken blisters ...To disinfect a broken blister, dab on a few drops of Listerine ... a powerful antiseptic.

Heinz vinegar to heal bruises ... Soak a cotton ball in white vinegar and apply it to the bruise for 1 hour. The vinegar reduces the blueness and speeds up the healing process.

Kills fleas instantly . Dawn dish washing liquid does the trick. Add a few drops to your dog's bath and shampoo the animal thoroughly. Rinse well to avoid skin irritations. Goodbye fleas

Rainy day cure for dog odor ... Next time your dog comes in from the rain, simply wipe down the animal with Bounce or any dryer sheet, instantly making your dog smell springtime fresh.

Eliminate ear mites ... All it takes is a few drops of Wesson corn oil in your cat's ear. Massage it in, then clean with a cotton ball. Repeat daily for 3 days. The oil soothes the cat's skin, smothers the mites, and accelerates healing.

Quaker Oats for fast pain relief ....It's not for breakfast anymore! Mix 2 cups of Quaker Oats and 1 cup of water in a bowl and warm in the microwave for 1 minute, cool slightly, and apply the mixture to your hands for soothing relief from arthritis pain.

Here's one my Mom taught.. for allergies, red, itchy, burning eyes.. normal tea bags, moistened applied to eyes sooths and cools.

For cough, gargle with hydrogen peroxide.

IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHERS PLEASE ADD!

I wonder if most or any of the stuff on that list actually works. Vinegar for a sore throat, and listerine for toenail fungus, I am calling bullshit on however.

I can finally get rid of those pesky ear mites!

I can attest to Dawn being good for fleas. Our cat got infested once and we had them all over the apartment, so we put some soapy water in a pan and put it on the floor with a lamp over it. The fleas jump towards the heat of the lamp, fall in the soapy water, done. Only took a couple of nights of that before our place was flea-clean. Of course you gotta get 'em off your pet too.

Good one Mr Dun.. I put vinegar in our cat's drinking water for ticks and fleas.. have not seen any sign of the buggers on the cat since we began his new drink.

The two I can swear by are 1) gargling with hydrogen peroxide did stop my cough.

2) Tea bags(moistened) work for itchy, swollen, red eyes form allergies.. you won't believe how well it works.

woo I wrote some of these down

anyone have anymore? :D

Most of the suggestions listed seem very good to me. You might be careful, though, when using Alka-Seltzer. Each regular Alka-Seltzer tablet contains 325 mg of aspirin.

not sure about putting elmers glue on broken skin, dont want that stuff in my blood, but the rest seem good.

Hey Bradd, no offence taken. You are so right about vinegar. Northern Australia has the box jellyfish. It's sting is fatal. It is so bad in fact that beaches north of Townsville close during stinger season. Also, lifeguards have white vinegar in their firstaid kits to deal with the stings. The vinegar kills the unexploded nematocysts that are on the skin. Vinegar has saved the lives of a lot of Australians.
+rep for the vinegar

This sounds crazy, but it works! You can use Listerine in your hair to cure mild cases of dandruff. I had dandruff in high school and I tried all of the over the counter products which never worked. My barber told me that Listerine would help, so...I tried it, and it actually worked! Took about 2 weeks, Listerine once a day and then a shower right afterwards.

more about it:
Listerine Is Old-Fashioned Dandruff Remedy

Apparently back in WW2 Listerine was actually advertised as a dandruff solution.

looks like bradds a critic..whod of thought a newb?...but really most of these DO work...ive done several of them because im flat out broke...and my mom is wierd..she likes to do that kind of stuff , home remedies or whatever you want to make out of it

Hey Bradd, no offence taken. You are so right about vinegar. Northern Australia has the box jellyfish. It's sting is fatal. It is so bad in fact that beaches north of Townsville close during stinger season. Also, lifeguards have white vinegar in their firstaid kits to deal with the stings. The vinegar kills the unexploded nematocysts that are on the skin. Vinegar has saved the lives of a lot of Australians.
+rep for the vinegar

just seen this moose...but dude i think you didnt give them enough credit...i believe the box jellyfish is the most poisoness jellyfish. if not its up there

You're right about the box jellyfish being the deadliest. It is such a problem that most folks won't go in the water for about 4 or 5 months of the year. Most beaches north of Townsville are closed during stinger season. I met an aboriginal last summer who survived a stinger attack (only cos he had vinegar in his kit bag). No joke, but the welts on his body looked like he had been horsewhipped! His legs were a mass of red scar tissue, some of which were still healing after 6 months. We actually talked about the vinegar and he swears it saved his life.

Honey could save diabetics from amputation..

Honey could save diabetics from amputation - Yahoo! News

Good info for diabetics and other potential candidates for amputation.

Yeah Pinch, honey is amazing. The link you gave mentions the honey in New Zealand. This honey is called Manuka Honey, and it has proven active ingredients to help healing. It's important to note that not all honey is "active". If peeps are looking to use honey in healing, make sure it is active honey, or just import the New Zealand honey. My brother used Manuka Honey to treat an ulcer caused by Deep Vein Thrombosis. Cleared it up in a month when all else had failed.

Back
Top Bottom