Medijuana - DIY Cabinet, Perpetual Grow, Airpots, Soil w/LST

Ok, so I ordered some medijuana seeds from ams earlier this year...my choice was based on the pain relieving qualities, indica with high thc content, high yield, good for indoors and easyish to grow (this is all new to me).
I have 6 prolapsed discs caused by a dodgy chiropractor which leaves me in pain ALL THE TIME... The government would rather I become addicted to morphine through their authorized prescriptions of dangerous manufactured pharmaceuticals, which I have been taking for almost a year with little real effect...I prefer a more organic approach...I'll take Medijuana over morphine any and everyday...absolutely no contest. :thumb:

I grew one out already, germinated 3 seeds, 2 were male and i lovely lady. All my plants (pic below) are descendants from this one. I have 2 that have been flowering 30 days, 3 flowering for 2 days, 4 in veg for 4 weeks more, 1 clone hopefully to be a bonsai mother.

So...

Strain : Medijuana (ams seeds).+´
Indica/Sativa : Mostly Indica.
Indoor/Outdoor : Indoor, DIY Cabinet.
Pot Size : 1ltr(clones) 3ltr(veg/flower) Airpots.
Medium : Biobizz Allmix.
Lights : Veg - 2x125w cfl 6500, 2x 45w cfl 6500, 4x 23w cfl 2700.
Flower - 400w Flower Spectre Xtreme Output HPS, w/Sonlight
Electronic hps/mh 400w ballast.
Ventilation : 175m3/h carbon filter extracter, oscillating fans, 120mm cpu fan to cool veg cab when
sealed.
Water Schedule : 2-3 times p/w in veg,
Daily during flower.
Nutrients : Biobizz Root Juice, BioGrow, BioBloom, Topmax, (Biobizz feeding schedule)
Molasses (Tate n Lyles Black Treacle).
CO2 : Yeast/Sugar Mix, 2 litre bottle per plant in flower.
Pests : Look like fungus gnats, I use neem oil and yellow bug strips.
DSC_0643.jpg

Re: Medijuana.- DIY Cabinet, Perpetual Grow, Airpots, Soil w/LST

Veg room last night before lst
DSC_0648.jpg

Veg room last night after lst
DSC_0649.jpg

Complete cabinet, just before end of 12 hours last night.
DSC_0643.jpg

DSC_06441.jpg

Flower chamber, back 2 are at 30 days, front 3 are at 2 days
DSC_0641.jpg

DSC_0642.jpg

Very nice, I have 4 that sprouted just the other day and i am growing them with els and cfl's, Im rather interested to see what they will end up like, I wanna know what I'm looking forward too :) good luck with the grow, I'm in.

Thanks Thawk, If you want a better preview I have grown one already...its in "plant of month" thread, and theres more pics of the grow and harvest in my gallery...its a great plant to grow I think, Im a beginner, and im havin more fun than I am stressin :slide:

Thanks for takin a look Tmac12;)

Ok so heres some update pics from just after I fed the girls, (about an hour after) on day 32...
DSC_0652.jpg

DSC_0636.jpg

DSC_0627.jpg

DSC_06281.jpg

DSC_06291.jpg

DSC_0633.jpg

DSC_06461.jpg

DSC_06411.jpg

DSC_0660.jpg

The veg room is also filling out nicely now theres a bit more room in there...I did some more lst and topping tonight, also topped my baby thats hopefully gonna be a good bonsai mum...I'll get some pics of veg side of things up 2mro...:peacetwo: bp

They look fantastic, I hope they work as well with LEDs, if they don't look like I'm gonna get a great turnout about halfway through I'm going to add an hps to it even though I have no idea how I will ventilate it. But you look like a smart grower, do you know why my over two week old seedlings have barely grown and are starting to turn yellow at the bottom and move up and die? I think It was the ph creating nute lockout (it was around 8, now at 6.5) so I phed the water and still do, and added some very weak grow big, this was two days ago, seen very little change... But I think it's supposed to take a few days, any other ideas?

Very nice setup, are you going to go for continual harvest? :tokin:
Another question, when did you notice first N deficiencies on the leaves? Are you cutting down on your N-rich organic juices in the middle of flowering switching to something else or you're going with the same stuff all along the line?

Thanks Dude...yep, Im gonna try n keep it rolling, have one set aside for a bonsai mum.
As for nutes, im following biobizz schedule, root juice, grow, bloom, topmax, I use tate n lyles black treacle for my molasses all the way through flower and occassionly add it to veg feedings. Soil is allmix with 25% extra perlite added and I have my CO2 yeast machines:)

My first plant did not get any topmax and was only put under hps for last 4 weeks of flower, I had only cfls before then...

Thanks for stoppin by basementdwell...heres a closer look at my CO2 machine....
DSC_0629.jpg

its just a 2 litre bottle with sugar water and yeast, hole in the bottle cap, attach airlock (buy from any home brewing store) push 6mm airline into outlet of airlock, attach sprinkler head to other end, dangle over plants...I took my lead from this link here Stickydank's Basic CO2 Method and then modified it slightly...really easy really cheap really works:) bp

They look fantastic, I hope they work as well with LEDs, if they don't look like I'm gonna get a great turnout about halfway through I'm going to add an hps to it even though I have no idea how I will ventilate it. But you look like a smart grower, do you know why my over two week old seedlings have barely grown and are starting to turn yellow at the bottom and move up and die? I think It was the ph creating nute lockout (it was around 8, now at 6.5) so I phed the water and still do, and added some very weak grow big, this was two days ago, seen very little change... But I think it's supposed to take a few days, any other ideas?

Hi Thawk, not sure how smart I am when it comes to this, all I know I learned from here and try to replicate. As for your clones I would say they are just takin time to establish roots before growing...some of mine sound like they were in a similar condition to yours, but they all came through it, the bottom leaves might not recover but new growth should happen around them, when you see some then you can prune away the weak/dying/disformed growth that will be in the middle(the leaves you say are yello now)...i would lay of the nutes for a week maybe, just give water and not to strong light...patience is the best advice I can give....it wants to grow and therefore it will, nature has her own way:goodluck::peacetwo: bp

Ok, so heres how things look in the veg chamber so far...
DSC_0700.jpg
DSC_0701.jpg
DSC_0702.jpg

did more lst today and bending today, the girls are spreading out nicely:)

this one (2nd from right in main pic)...
DSC_0703.jpg

is being trained in a line to the available width.

this one (right in main pic)...
DSC_0704.jpg

...is being trained in a semi-circle.

when put together they look like this...
DSC_0706.jpg

...which is of course reflected by the 2 girls to the left in the main pic.
I will then put them to flower, hopefully they will hold the shape and then bloom into a dense green rectangle of awsome sticky bud.:lot-o-toke:

Heres a few of my bonsai mum to be....i never tried to keep a mother before, but she was a cutting I just couldnt throw away...I actually treated her with les care than my other clones, she was cut, dipped in clonex and shoved straight into the pot (allmix)...i usually use root riot blocks but i didnt bother, no reduced light, no humidity dome, she had plain water for 2 weeks then i just feed her a 50% diluted veg feed...what Im taking a long time to say is...shes a fighter and I hope will continue and be a strong long surviving mum:slide:
DSC_06941.jpg
DSC_0697.jpg
DSC_0698.jpg
DSC_0695.jpg

And so its end of day 35 of flower for the big 2, and and of day 7 for the 3 youngsters at the front...

DSC_06931.jpg

the youngest all together...
DSC_0672.jpg

left...
DSC_0671.jpg

center...
DSC_0670.jpg

right...
DSC_0669.jpg

...and now the beautiful twins, at 35 days into bud...
DSC_0684.jpg

...lady on the left...
DSC_0681.jpg
DSC_0676.jpg

...lady to the right...
DSC_0682.jpg
DSC_0679.jpg

...and a few general bud shots to finish for today...
DSC_0692.jpg
DSC_0687.jpg
DSC_06911.jpg
DSC_0688.jpg
DSC_0690.jpg

:peacetwo: bp

Looking really good man! I remember reading about this strain and wanting to get ahold of some one day, meanwhile I am subscribed and gonna drool over yours! :goodjob:

Thanks for the comments Van...nice to have you along...also you got a nice setup yourself i see :thumb:
:peacetwo: bp

Bassplayer,

Really enjoyed your entries. It looks a bit like a custom fabricated version of the venerable Bloombox. We do appear to have at least some similarities in terms of a bansai mum, restricted height concerns, continuous grows, etc. Looking forward to following it. Don't be afraid to pass on some advice if you stop by the journal below. Take care.

Back
Top Bottom