Meffa's Fall 2021 Organic Grow

It's Sunday 10-Oct and the crew is 43 days young. I watered all this morning with Cal/Mag, Silica, Fulvic, and some Organic Plant Magic. They're a little water logged from their drink and will perk up a bit throughout the day.

I'm planning to mainline vs manifold and their next haircut is right around the corner, likely Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. They didn't really skip a beat with their first topping and overall I'm happy with what's going on. What I'm not so happy about is seeing some fungus gnats. I cooked the soil prior but apparently that didn't kill all of the larvae. I put down some yellow stickies to deal with them for now and will turn up the heat with SNS and Gnatrol if needed.

GodFather OG
DSC_0068.JPG

Pink Kush
DSC_0071.JPG

Purple Punch
DSC_0075.JPG

L.A. Confidential
DSC_0077.JPG

Super OG
DSC_0078.JPG

Indica Cream
DSC_0080.JPG

DSC_0082.JPG

DSC_0083.JPG

DSC_0084.JPG
Hi over there! Found your new grow cause I was trolling @Tokin Roll. If I can suggest anything here it's follow people and then check in on what they are checking in on. You may find some wonderful information, you may meet a fellow new grower at the same stage to befriend, you may just like to look at pictures or follow the knowledge in the commentary.

Grow looks good so far!! Have a nice set up there! I really like your dual cup and spacer for the seedlings.

Only thing I would add is that you probably could have just skipped over that 1gl straight to a 3-especially since you plan on jumping 2 more times, try to transplant as least as possible to lower the stress on your plants.

How are they responding to your training and topping? It's kind of dark in the last picture. Glad I found you though, happy growing!! I'll be around again to check in! Good luck!!

Hi over there! Found your new grow cause I was trolling @Tokin Roll. If I can suggest anything here it's follow people and then check in on what they are checking in on. You may find some wonderful information, you may meet a fellow new grower at the same stage to befriend, you may just like to look at pictures or follow the knowledge in the commentary.

Grow looks good so far!! Have a nice set up there! I really like your dual cup and spacer for the seedlings.

Only thing I would add is that you probably could have just skipped over that 1gl straight to a 3-especially since you plan on jumping 2 more times, try to transplant as least as possible to lower the stress on your plants.

How are they responding to your training and topping? It's kind of dark in the last picture. Glad I found you though, happy growing!! I'll be around again to check in! Good luck!!
Good idea with following people not just posts. Light dawns on marble rock! Sometimes it takes a knock on the head for me to see what should be obvious.

I went from 1gl to 3gl to 7gl last time out and they didn't complain at all. Me on the other hand did complain, I get no pleasure in repotting in my basement. The concern going from a solo cup to a 3gl pot is watering and knowing how to water a small plant in a large pot, I haven't studied up on that yet but if it's not hard or bad for the plant in the long run then I'm in. I'm always looking to become more efficient.

Yeah I've been shooting pics through my grow glasses and some haven't been that great. They're all picking back up after their first top and bottom clean-up and I'm not seeing any signs of stress. They did slow for one or two days as expected but they're right on schedule with what I had laid out timing wise. I'm planning to be done training and have their final repot done by the end of this month, then have Nov/Dec for flowering, meanwhile I'll have started another crop in the veg tent that'll be ready for flower when the first crop is done. That crop will finish early March which works well with the seasons around here. I went into June my first time out and last year I went to April 25th, which was a lot less stressful but if I can finish up in March that's even better.

IMG_6416.JPG

IMG_6417.JPG

IMG_6418.JPG

Good idea with following people not just posts. Light dawns on marble rock! Sometimes it takes a knock on the head for me to see what should be obvious.

I went from 1gl to 3gl to 7gl last time out and they didn't complain at all. Me on the other hand did complain, I get no pleasure in repotting in my basement. The concern going from a solo cup to a 3gl pot is watering and knowing how to water a small plant in a large pot, I haven't studied up on that yet but if it's not hard or bad for the plant in the long run then I'm in. I'm always looking to become more efficient.

Yeah I've been shooting pics through my grow glasses and some haven't been that great. They're all picking back up after their first top and bottom clean-up and I'm not seeing any signs of stress. They did slow for one or two days as expected but they're right on schedule with what I had laid out timing wise. I'm planning to be done training and have their final repot done by the end of this month, then have Nov/Dec for flowering, meanwhile I'll have started another crop in the veg tent that'll be ready for flower when the first crop is done. That crop will finish early March which works well with the seasons around here. I went into June my first time out and last year I went to April 25th, which was a lot less stressful but if I can finish up in March that's even better.

IMG_6416.JPG

IMG_6417.JPG

IMG_6418.JPG
So we agree, less work for you and them with less pot changes! I promise promise promise you that you will be OK feeding in the 3gl. When you're comfortable, if you want, try it out but if your way is working for you, stick to it! I'm always comfortable and I want to try something different but get scared I could fuck it up-but what if I fly with it, you know? That's always in the back of my head.
I'm lucky to just keep growing in the house. Only thing that sucks is I have it in the room that was an addition to the garage so it's not connected to my central air and I just have radiant heat. Pain in the ass trying to keep it a good temp and humidity in the summer cause I use that room for drying also. Easy to work with once the weather gets cooler but then I have hot air blowing up from the floor right where I'm trying to keep my drying bud relatively cool...at least I will never have it set to more than 65 in there...I'll be following along your journey through March or April lol

For Wednesday 13-Oct all plants were just watered with Humic Acid, Cal/Mag, Silica, and Gnatrol. Combined they drank 3.5gl I'm pretty sure Super OG that's in the 2gl pot has long filled its pot out with roots. She just keeps on drinking!

I'm waiting for the nodes to line up around the direction of the pots edge as opposed to half in the pot and half out of the pot. This is important to keep these growing in the direction I want them without getting unwieldy.

Oh No!

Say it ain’t so Tokin Roll!

Nice journal @meffa ! Beautiful plants. I will pull up a chair and lik TR said sorry I’ve missed this. No more talking to yourself dammit!!

NTH
Welcome aboard!

Today's Thursday 14-Oct and it's been about 47 days since these girls hit dirt. I laid down some DE last night after watering to help with the fungus gnats and this morning I haven't see one! All but one are ready for their second top so I'm going to wait until later or tomorrow to give her some more time. There's almost enough room to clip but the node needs to push up a little more.

Temps have been around 82-84F and humidity bounces between 55-65% depending on when they've been watered. I need to start paying more attention to the VPD chart.

IMG_6419.JPG

IMG_6420.JPG

It's Friday 15-Oct and I just gave 5 of the 6 ladies their second topping. Pink Kush wasn't quite ready but the other 5 were plenty ready. I think Pink Kush might be hurting a bit, she's not as vigorous as she was and didn't shrug off the first topping the way others did. She's pushing up her 4th node since the topping but needs another day or two before I take it.

The tutorial I read about mainlining and manifolding says to trim the tips but leave the leaves. I've been stripping the growth tips and their associated fan leaf but I'm wondering if you're supposed to leave ALL the fans at this point? I've had good success in the past stripping everything but the intended remaining nodes, so this time I decided to leave the lower fans in place. We'll see if they respond better.

Prior to second topping.
IMG_6423.JPG

After second topping but keeping ALL fans intact.
IMG_6427.JPG

IMG_6428.JPG

I use rooting gel on all of my cuts to help them heal quicker and to prevent disease from entering.
IMG_6431.JPG

It's been about 10hrs since I topped the girls for the second time and I am blown away at the way they're responding in such a short time! I removed the growth tips and left the fans and they are all praying up just as happy as can be like giant solar panels all waving saying lets go! In the past I've been defoliating everything but the node I wanted to keep but I have a feeling keeping all of the fans regardless of whether they're powering a node right next to them or not is the way to go. You can always remove them later.

IMG_6447.JPG

IMG_6448.JPG

Saturday 16-Oct - 47 days in soil
All plants were watered (4gl) with a little tea comprised of EWC, Organic Plant Magic, and Humic Acid that I had aerating overnight.

Plants have been watered about every 3rd day but I think I can easily let them go 4 days. I topped for the second time yesterday and wanted to reward them with a special drink. Their next watering likely be Wednesday 20-Oct, at which time they should be ready for their 3rd and final top to complete the mainline setup.

My target is to have the final top and up-pot to their final flowering pot completed by end of October. If they make it great, if they need more time that's ok too. :yahoo:

IMG_6449.JPG

IMG_6450.JPG

IMG_6451.JPG

Friday 22-Oct - 53 Days in soil

Super OG in the 2gl pot is now on its own watering schedule. She's drying out quicker than the others because of her smaller pot and will be the first to be repotted, which I don't think can come soon enough for her.

I watered all plants (except Super OG) yesterday 21-Oct and Super OG was watered today. I added a 33.8oz container of coconut water to the R/O water for the Fabulous 5 yesterday, Super OG got some Silica in her drink today.

I let the group go a bit longer between watering's (5days), though Super OG was 3 days I believe. I'm using the lift and feel the weight method along with reading the plants. They're starting to kick back into gear after their 2nd topping and a couple are ready for their 3rd and final haircut but I'm going to let them go a little longer so I can use the nodes that are aligned and somewhat growing parallel with the curve of the pot vs the set of nodes that's half in the pot and half hanging over the lip of the pot like a big X. The node spacing on the Pink Kush is so much more than the others and I'm hoping she doesn't get too unruly. I just tied her nodes down to help put her back in line.

IMG_6473.JPG

IMG_6474.JPG

IMG_6475.JPG

IMG_6476.JPG

IMG_6477.JPG

Tuesday 26-Oct - 57 Days in soil

All plants were watered yesterday with Humic Acid, Liquid Kelp, Cal/Mag, and Silica. I'm planning to repot these ladies to their flowering pot this week.

Thursday 28-Oct - 59 Days in soil

The girls have hit a growth spurt and are looking really good. Pink Kush has gotten out of control and I'm not sure what to make of this freak. The nodes are extremely long and every time I put her in a headlock she pops right back out with a burst of growth. At this point I'm keeping it just to see if I can take her to the finish line, I have no real expectations for this one but will keep her in the mix as long as I can.

I've set this coming Saturday as their final up-pot day. They'll be moving from their 3gl to 7gl with flowering spikes at the perimeter. Super OG is in a 2gl and I expect a big smile on her when she moves from her studio apt to a mansion with an all you can eat buffet.

IMG_6517.JPG

IMG_6518.JPG

IMG_6519.JPG

IMG_6520.JPG

IMG_6521.JPG

IMG_6522.JPG

Friday 29-Oct - 60 Days in soil
Tomorrow's going to be a rainy day here so what better thing to do than up-pot this group and prepare them for the next phase of their journey. I like to water the day before repotting and they looked a little droopy after 4 days since their last drink so they all got a good watering that included Silica, Cal/Mag, and Humic Acid all on the light side. :yummy:

Saturday 30-Oct 61 Days in Soil

All members of this rock band have been moved to their final 7gl flowering pots and I'm am pooped! I need to get a better setup and get more organized with the space for repotting and just general care. Standing over a makeshift table without a lot of room to maneuver isn't much fun on the back and needs to be remedied asap! I know I can do better.........

I want to see some decent growth before flipping the lights and with some luck that should be within the next week, but I'll wait as long as it takes. They just moved from the 4x4 to the 4x8 and should be happy with double the space. I had 2x200w going in the 4x4 and I have 2x600w going in the 4x8, so a bit more light as well. This is my first time using 2x600w LED's, I had been using one 600w LED in the middle and 2x315w CMH's on the ends with previous grows and I'd rotate them around until they got to the point where I had to use yo-yo's, so this will be my first end-to-end grow using just LED's.

I ended up topping Indica Cream, Purple Punch, Super OG, and GodFather OG 3 times for an 8-way mainline. L.A. Confidential and Pink Kush were topped twice. I'm not planning to let any side branches grown on the four ladies that will have 8 colas, but with L.A Confidential I'm going to see how she does and might let a few grow. Pink Kush is the rebel of the group and just really lanky so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with her yet.

IMG_6525.JPG

IMG_6526.JPG

IMG_6527.JPG

IMG_6528.JPG

Tuesday 2-Nov 64 Days in soil

All plants have been watered with Cal/Mag and Fulvic Acid. I split 4gl between the 6 plants which isn't a lot but it's close to what they were drinking prior to their transplant and I didn't want to soak the soil that hasn't seen roots yet. I watered just a touch outside the original rootball and will increase the diameter next time out. They all look happy to have had a drink this morning

Friday 05-Nov 67 Days in Soil

Comparing pictures of the group from Saturday when they went into their 7gl pots to today 6 days later the growth is obvious and I'm getting ready to flip these ladies. I might let them go another couple of days. I watered again last night as they looked thirsty and they seemed to appreciate that. I've watered twice since they were transplanted and by their next watering I'll feel better about watering the whole pot. The fabric pots dry out pretty quickly and any soil that doesn't have roots will dry out and add humidity to the room which I'm fine with, the air is pretty dry lately.

The first picture is them 6 days ago and then just a few minutes ago.

IMG_6527.JPG

IMG_6552.JPG

IMG_6553.JPG

Back
Top Bottom